PDA

View Full Version : grip laser, what a wonderful thing!!

j1133s
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I had a chance to try out one of those laser sights built into the grips. I forgot the brand, but the activation button is on the left of the grip and the laser is on the right. Usage was almost entirely intuitive except I had to change where I normally put my trigger finger because it blocks off the laser.

Shooting was excellent. I can turn the laser on/off anytime w/o changing my grip. (I had previously had rail mounted laser, in fact I still have one. But there is no comparison.) It made shooting accurately incredibly _easy_. Once you take out sight alignment, shooting just became 2x easier. I think it'll make everybody's target look like a pro's.

Anyway, I was so impressed that I thought I'd share w/ you so you can go try it. The gun was a Beretta 92fs and these grips replaced its factory grips.

I'm wondering how long does the batteries last on these? My rail mount battery seems to last a long time, but I don't use it.

sholling
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I have Crimson Trace grips on two 1911s and two M&Ps and will be adding them to my 642.

winnre
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I want them on my 642 too, I did not buy the laser on the gun when I got it but now think I should have. Can't seem to find anyone giving good prices.

Rick530
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
One of my Kimbers came from the factory with laser grips. I really like them.

Doheny
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I want them on my 642 too, I did not buy the laser on the gun when I got it but now think I should have. Can't seem to find anyone giving good prices.

I agree...great idea on a 642 but pricey.

GŁnter
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Are the laser grips for the Beretta 92 any thicker/thinner than the factory grips?

j1133s
07-14-2010, 1:44 PM
Are the laser grips for the Beretta 92 any thicker/thinner than the factory grips?

I didn't notice any. But I've not shot a 92fs for awhile.

I think this laser grip is like traction control on cars... eventually it'll be on every pistol! Actually, it's probably more like traction control on motorcycles given its current expense and scarcity... but eventually it'll be on every pistol.

sholling
07-14-2010, 1:56 PM
I agree...great idea on a 642 but pricey.
The thing about a 642 is you only have 5 shots and had better make them count. :D

k1dude
07-14-2010, 6:00 PM
I wish Crimson Trace would make Lasergrips for the Seecamp. It makes more sense to make laser grips for a mouse gun that's hard to aim and has no sights than for a bigger gun with a longer barrel and sights.

Fate
07-14-2010, 6:30 PM
I wish Crimson Trace would make Lasergrips for the Seecamp. It makes more sense to make laser grips for a mouse gun that's hard to aim and has no sights than for a bigger gun with a longer barrel and sights.

I agree with you here. I'd love to see a CT for the Seecamp. Just sort of wondering where they'd put it. Probably out in front of triggerguard as there's not really room on the grip.

STRT RACR
07-14-2010, 6:55 PM
What do u guys think of the lasermax guide rod lasers I have one on my springer TRP but I have not tried it out yet?