PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart will drop guns at 1,000 stores

Dont Tread on Me
04-15-2006, 7:10 AM
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/6164.html

Anybody who claims a "soft demand" for firearms in CA does not read this board.

Personally, I've had it with Walmart. I'm going to buy my ammo from vendors who care about the shooting industry.

paradox
04-15-2006, 7:34 AM
Walmart was forced to stop selling guns in CA because they were incapable of training their wage-slaves to fill out forms correctly. Don't blame your costumers for your inability to follow the law.

trinity9
04-15-2006, 7:51 AM
Walmart was forced to stop selling guns in CA because they were incapable of training their wage-slaves to fill out forms correctly. Don't blame your costumers for your inability to follow the law.

Apparently they couldn't teach their "wage slaves" to spell either.

Trinity

paradox
04-15-2006, 8:09 AM
Apparently they couldn't teach their "wage slaves" to spell either.

Trinity

Hmmm, not sure if that comment was meant to apply to me or not. Since I did write my first comment early in the morning and have a mixed history with spelling, I went back and spellchecked that post only to find everything spelled correctly. Maybe you have issue with "Walmart" instead of "Wal*Mart"? Or are you trying to poke fun at grammer nazis through satirical posting? There really should be a satire tag as part of the HTML standard.

m1371
04-15-2006, 8:31 AM
Costumers generally work in entertainment. Customers buy stuff.

You're in rare form, as usual!!!!! :p :D

MaxQ
04-15-2006, 8:37 AM
Check spell next will this sentence okay is indicate:

The capital of grease is Athens, but the capitol of Greece is the drachma.

paradox
04-15-2006, 8:56 AM
Ahhh, dyslexic vowel change that passed spellcheck, got it.

I try to communicate as clearly as possible and respect those who do the same. Minor spelling errors don't really bother me. Neither does wading through messages from non-english speaking foreigners. IM speak and total disregard for grammar by native speakers gets my goat though. U is the periodic symbol for uranium and Ur is an ancient city in Mesopotamia, if you're too lazy to type two letters, maybe you should get off the internet and go sit in front of the TV. Oh, and caps-lock is not your friend. It should only be used by lawyers and COBOL programmers, that should tell you something....

</rant>

glen avon
04-15-2006, 11:30 AM
nobody has established that costumers do not shop at wal*mart.

Boomer1961
04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Ya know,

Since most forums have spell check now, there is no need for the early morning English Teachers.

When I see that I can tell the person is not reading the post at all, just wants to make a comment and does not know what else to right (or is that write) about so comments on the spelling.

I too read about Wal*mart deciding to not sell guns in the blue states decision. I thought I would never say this (and I would not have 20 years ago), but I wish I lived in a RED STATE!:mad:

The folks at Wally world are very sharp business men. Anything that raises the bottom line that they can get away with is done. They probably do not see profit in selling firearms in blue states, and it likely has nothing to do with consumer demand but with the cost of fines, training, theft, and fear one of their blue state employees raised on grand theft auto/need for speed decides it would be fun to play with a real gun because they do not realize the consequences as on the video games they just have themselves a good time.

When Wally world moved into our area they hired a friend of my Dad's to do the landscaping. Wally world then simply ignored the $30,000 bill. He had to hire a lawyer and go to court and after two years, the day before the trial started, they settled for the amount in dispute but without interest.

I have mixed feelings about Wally World, they sell stuff at the prices we want but they really skirt the law and it would appear they break the law in the interest of profit.

I do wish the government would be more aggressive with them when they break, or is that brake? the law. English Teachers please Chime in.

If the law is for paper work to be filled out a certain way and the other FFL's are able to comply.......then they should be prosecuted.

The idiots running Wal Mart did not want to spend money on experienced folks or offer the required training to help those with this job. It was the typical bad management type of managing of "Just Go DO IT!, Do it or get fired!" Most businesses would train their employees and even test them on what they need to know.

As time goes on I am beginnig to side with the Wally World is evil band wagon.

They are so huge that they are a monopoly, like a separate government making policy we must abide by because with their size and lack of competition what they set as policy affects all us consumers, and as such I would like to see them more heavily regulated as they are not a simple business any longer.:eek:

trinity9
04-15-2006, 1:20 PM
Ahhh, dyslexic vowel change that passed spellcheck, got it.

All in fun...

I wouldn't have written anything but the "wage slave" thing seemed a bit indicative of a persecute Walmart mentality.

Just wanted to rib you a bit. Walmart is a target, just like Gun owners.

Take care,
Trinity

paradox
04-15-2006, 1:46 PM
All in fun...

I wouldn't have written anything but the "wage slave" thing seemed a bit indicative of a persecute Walmart mentality.

Just wanted to rib you a bit. Walmart is a target, just like Gun owners.

No hurt feelings on this side of the 'net. I honestly overlooked my error when I re-read the orginal post prior to replying.

But, I'ev hared taht if the fsrit and lsat ltetres saty the smae wlihe the rsst is rdonamzeid, yuor barin can dicepehr it.

:D

Wal*Mart has been known to lock their workers in after hours and force them to finish off the clock. They also have been known to stiff their workers on health care while paying them low enough they qualify for MediCare.

Wal*Mart, by their actions, have shown that they think of their employees as "wage slaves".

Mournblade
04-15-2006, 2:44 PM
1000? Wow, the article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-060414walmart,1,4127523.story?coll=chi-business-hed) I read today had it at 3200 stores because they weren't meeting customer demand, or some such lie.

"Sign of the times" they said. Yeah right.

I hope not.

If people are more concerned with iPods and not freedom, then that's a sad sad state of affairs, especially when now more than ever we've been staring straight into the face of tyranny.

sac7000
04-15-2006, 3:03 PM
Post Removed off topic

dawson8r
04-15-2006, 6:58 PM
Hmmm...I thought I was on a gun discussion forum. As long as you get your point across I could care less how you spell. Guess some people feel the need to criticize. Whatever...

I too hope there is only false speculation that Wal*Mart discontinues ammo sales. The Winchester 100rd Value Pack is what keeps my Glock well fed.

trinity9
04-15-2006, 9:54 PM
Hmmm...I thought I was on a gun discussion forum. As long as you get your point across I could care less how you spell. Guess some people feel the need to criticize. Whatever...

I too hope there is only false speculation that Wal*Mart discontinues ammo sales. The Winchester 100rd Value Pack is what keeps my Glock well fed.

Check the new prices, then spend the extra dollars and support your local gun store or range.

Otherwise we'll all soon be mail ordering microstamped ammo from China.

Trinity

1911_sfca
04-15-2006, 10:47 PM
nobody has established that costumers do not shop at wal*mart.

It's unlikely. They had a really crappy halloween costume selection when I was there.