PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 and 9mm questions

dragonfly22588
07-14-2010, 2:44 AM
I've taken a close look at the 9 mm. CZ 75 and I'm very interested in it. However, when I got a chance to hold the CZ 75 B at the store I noticed that it felt a bit large since I could barely get my index finger to sit on the trigger between my first joint and the tip (small hands). Does the CZ 75 compact have a smaller grip, closer trigger, etc?

What are some other DA/SA or SAOs that I might want to consider with a smaller grip?

Compared to other semi-automatics in general, does the 75 have a large or small grip?

Bullwinkle
07-14-2010, 7:30 AM
Does the CZ 75 compact have a smaller grip, closer trigger, etc?I can't say 100%, but I doubt it.

Compared to other semi-automatics in general, does the 75 have a large or small grip?Actually, the CZ-75 has the slimmest grip on the market that houses a double-stack magazine (at least that I've handled), and it's even slimmer than a lot of models with single-stack mags too. However, you do realize that the standard CZ-75B--not the 75BD decock model but the standard 75B--is intended to be carried (or at least has the option of being carried) cocked and locked, so you can look at it as a SA semi-auto with "double strike" capability.

What are some other DA/SA or SAOs that I might want to consider with a smaller grip?Well, as stated, there probably aren't any with slimmer grips. You might try a Sig Pro SP2022 with the smallest backstrap insert installed, and also a gizmo they call the "short trigger" installed (not to be confused with the SRT, or "short reset trigger", they're two different things). The Browning Hi-Power has a reputation for excellent ergonomics. It is a SA pistol, but I do believe there are some versions out there that are DA/SA. Of course, the ultimate (arguably?) SA pistol is the 1911. Try one with a pair of slimline grips and see if that works for you. Sig Sauer also makes a couple SA models like the P226 SAO. Check the Sig website to determine for which models that option is available.

HTH

Dr Rockso
07-14-2010, 8:04 AM
Replacing the factory grip panels with Hogue wraparounds will make the grip noticeably thinner. Like the moose said, you're not going to find a much more svelte double stack semi-auto.

chuck762
07-14-2010, 8:06 AM
This chart on this page gives you an idea of how thick the grip is

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx

I have a SP 01 and a compact. Both have rubber grips and they are the same size expect for the compact being shorter. They do both have different triggers which are curved differently with the SP01 being a tiny distance closer to the grip.

The all aluminum grips shown on the page I linked to are the thinest grips you can run on the CZs.

The browning HI Powers has the the smallest grip (not by much over the CZ though. It is shorter front to rear by about a 1/16 but the same width with rubber grips.) for a double stack pistol but it is single action but it feels a little more boxy to me and not as comfortable as the CZ.

Sprout
07-14-2010, 4:27 PM
This chart on this page gives you an idea of how thick the grip is

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx

I have a SP 01 and a compact. Both have rubber grips and they are the same size expect for the compact being shorter. They do both have different triggers which are curved differently with the SP01 being a tiny distance closer to the grip.

The all aluminum grips shown on the page I linked to are the thinest grips you can run on the CZs.

The browning HI Powers has the the smallest grip (not by much over the CZ though. It is shorter front to rear by about a 1/16 but the same width with rubber grips.) for a double stack pistol but it is single action but it feels a little more boxy to me and not as comfortable as the CZ.

+1 on the aluminum grips. Expensive, but very nice for smaller hands.

richzmn
07-14-2010, 4:40 PM
Just call CZ USA at (913) 321-1811. I have a 75B, I really like it.

They'll help you get the correct gun for your size and needs.

1911Operator
07-14-2010, 7:31 PM
i think on the compact made the slide and handle shorter. i dont think its thinner.

kAnJii
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
I have a BHP and my friend has the SP-01. BHP has a shorter trigger because its a single action, even shorter than CZ's single action. I believe the SP-01 does have a trigger and the 75b-SA is even shorter by a bit.

Notblake
07-14-2010, 10:21 PM
The CZ75b is designed to be carried Cocked and locked in SA mode. Really the only reason you would need to use the DA pull on the CZ75b is if you had a light primer strike and you needed to get a second strike on that primer. So you need to see if when the hammer is cocked if you can reach the trigger ........ you WILL be able to

thayne
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
i had a cz-75 years ago and hated it. It jammed all the time and would only somewhat reliably feed FMJ ammo.

paul0660
07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
i had a cz-75 years ago and hated it. It jammed all the time and would only somewhat reliably feed FMJ ammo.

How did you find the grip?

thayne
07-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Grip was fine, but i have fairly big hands.

Turbinator
07-16-2010, 5:11 AM

When you say years ago, are you talking the pre-Turkish overrun imports? As in the older classic model with the shorter slide rails?

Turby

spencerhut
07-16-2010, 7:24 AM

You might want to try a new CZ. I was a BHP/1911 die hard for years. Finally broke down and played with a CZ-75, now I have several and they get way more rounds through them than anything else in the safes these days. My wife likes her CZ's too and she has really small hands.

Spirit 1
07-18-2010, 10:10 PM
You might find the CZ75C to be one of the most comfortable and ergonomic guns you've ever handled! I did. It's the original CZ Compact, as a 75B that's cut down to smaller dimensions, while retaining the steel frame. It's DA/SA 9mm.

There's a company called Grips4U on the internet, a small sorta mom & pop business out of Boise, Idaho. Nice folks and they make various wood grips of good quality, plus he will custom build a specific grip for you at a very reasonable extra charge.

The combination of the 75C and custom grips is a very hard combo to beat.

Plus Angus Hobdel or the others at Ghost Products, a part of CZ USA, do all sorts of further custom work like trigger jobs etc. Most of them are ISPC or other competition shooters and really know what they're doing.

With the reasonable price of CZ, plus the availability of custom stuff at fair prices it's very hard to beat as a top choice. You can get a fully customized gun for the price of a box stock gun from other manufacturers.

dennab
07-19-2010, 1:29 AM
Check out the CZ 2075 RAMI instead - the all steel version.