PDA

View Full Version : SHTF!!! No not about what gun to pick up.....

terry4130
07-14-2010, 12:38 AM
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. So I've seen lots of threads about what gun you would grab in a shtf situation, but what's everyones game plan? Do you bunker down at home or group up with fam and friends? I know the situation can be a major decision maker, but in a generality what would you do?

Just curious?

thevic
07-14-2010, 12:44 AM
go get the girl, the dog, a few friends and bunker down in my boys 5 acre land w/ mansion in hillsborough up in the hills..then depending what situation it is, go out and find stuff and kick *** to pass time

sideshowhr
07-14-2010, 12:44 AM
when the SHTF, i'll do what anyone else does: throw the fan away.

you guys need to stop playing DoD and counter-strike.

thevic
07-14-2010, 12:46 AM
lol people still play cs and dod? man i miss those games..i gotta get a new computer so i can play again

Ed_Hazard
07-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Hunker down untill the initial panic subsides then make my way north to colder climates.

P.S. Might want to move this to OT, seeing as how this is the rifle gallery.:thumbsup:

terry4130
07-14-2010, 1:01 AM
I don't play CS or DoD. Don't tell me you only watch Disney movies. Just asking a "what if" question Jack. Watercooler talk right?

Juice5610
07-14-2010, 1:05 AM
cry like a ***** while sobbing " I wish I would have participated in the SHTF threads on calguns, I mean with 352&64%75$8789 of them popping up EVERYDAY I would have been completely prepared, instead I'm just here crying like a little girl"...... :rolleyes:

thevic
07-14-2010, 1:08 AM
the forums would be dead without these dupes :)

iareConfusE
07-14-2010, 1:29 AM
I herp derp around and make friends with zombies and wanderers.

terry4130
07-14-2010, 1:32 AM
Dupe huh? It's funny how all you think about when people say shtf is zombies and Red Dawn. What about the riots in LA and the fires a few years back. Looting was a problem and what would you do if you were going to loose your house and you need to make quick decisions? There are lots of emergency situations that could call for quick packup and go decisions. I was just asking a hypethetical question and even excluded the gun aspect. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Crap on me for that... Sorry for posting

thevic
07-14-2010, 1:48 AM
we forgive you :)

stag6.8
07-14-2010, 2:07 AM
Dupe huh? It's funny how all you think about when people say shtf is zombies and Red Dawn. What about the riots in LA and the fires a few years back. Looting was a problem and what would you do if you were going to loose your house and you need to make quick decisions? There are lots of emergency situations that could call for quick packup and go decisions. I was just asking a hypethetical question and even excluded the gun aspect. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Crap on me for that... Sorry for posting

Hey its okay to post. If youre concerned....and have questions...feel free to ask and ignore the other posters here. when the riot hit, I lived on florence just a couple of blocks away from ground zero.......I remember hearing the court verdicts on the radio and less than 30 minutes later...all hell broke loose..I can still see the smoke and flames...and people running in the street like it was yesterday....we bunkered down in our house for 72 hours before the national guard came in to restore order. 72 hours is a long time. The only things I can tell you is to PREPARE for any emergency BEFORE it happens. store as much water as you can. buy a propane stove and tanks. and MRE`s
a portable generator...first ad kit...a wind up powered radio...a CB radio....stay in one spot until the immediate danger is over.....if possible. If you have to leave by vehicle....prepare now....check the fluids in your car /truck. check your tires. always try to keep the gas level above half mark. keep the evacuation load as light as possible. as a hint....go to a sporting goods store and buy some camping equipment if its on sale or clearance...buy it. chances are....youre going to be camping etc due to roads being closed...no hotels. the camping equipment is what I consider the priority besides weapon defense....hey I saw just a scratch of what can happen from the riots....and thats enough to last me a lifetime....BTW...I own a TRUCK not a car...just in case.

xxINKxx
07-14-2010, 7:11 AM
Rifle Gallery huh?...I'l just leave this here.

:useless:

Exile Machine
07-14-2010, 7:20 AM
Our major SHTF events around here are tornados and ice storms. Secession has recently loomed as a possible SHTF scenario. For weather events we just hunker down and live off our stockpiles. For secession, lets just say we are ready to roll whenever Governor Rick Perry sounds the alarm.

-Mark

VegasND
07-14-2010, 7:41 AM
I'm going to snag the nicest shopping cart I can find.

Marlin Hunter
07-14-2010, 7:57 AM
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. So I've seen lots of threads about what gun you would grab in a shtf situation, but what's everyones game plan? Do you bunker down at home or group up with fam and friends? I know the situation can be a major decision maker, but in a generality what would you do?

Just curious?

Get a couple cases of beer and some ice. :chris:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/175932/1_23_083105_looters2.jpg

Juice5610
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM

lol relax chief every possible scenerio has already been beaten too death if you would have ran a simple search for SHTF you would have known this thats why some of us don't care much for this type of thread specially when its in the WRONG FORUM. Have a nice day ;)

Caeser2001
07-14-2010, 4:17 PM
Call me prepared but who else here has a mag and ammo in their shtf stash for weapons they don't own, for example 1 of each. AK, 1911, FAL, G3, M14, Glock 22, 21, Beretta.

patriot_man
07-14-2010, 7:05 PM
Call me prepared but who else here has a mag and ammo in their shtf stash for weapons they don't own, for example 1 of each. AK, 1911, FAL, G3, M14, Glock 22, 21, Beretta.

Nope but I do have links of ammo just in case I run into an abandoned M249 or M240.... :D

slomofo
07-14-2010, 7:45 PM
I don't own a Footlocker store nor do I work at one. If a riot were to take place, I'd probably whip out my camera, head down to Footlocker, and upload vids on youtube all day.

tomd1584
07-14-2010, 7:45 PM
http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album64/Jack_shtf.jpg

faterikcartman
07-14-2010, 7:51 PM
EMP and oil cut off: these two things are plausible and either could lead to a real zombies situation.

As for me and mine, I think the most realistic option is shelter-in-place. I would love to have a getaway in the hills somewhere in another state, but doubt I could make it there if SHTF, and can't live there with a business here.

Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances.

professorhard
07-14-2010, 7:54 PM
I would pwn n00bs in CS 1.5 if SHTF

Fot
07-14-2010, 7:56 PM
Dupe huh? It's funny how all you think about when people say shtf is zombies and Red Dawn. What about the riots in LA and the fires a few years back. Looting was a problem and what would you do if you were going to loose your house and you need to make quick decisions?

We have done all the SHTF scenarios.. zombies, red dawn, emp, Mexican cartels, aliens, tomatoes on carts, vegan democratic hippies from mars, earthquakes, Chargers Superbowl victory, sharia law,1984 and Transformers.. All your base are belong to us... errr meant, all bases covered.

sevensix2x51
07-14-2010, 7:59 PM
i beat the EMP level on MW2, on veteran difficulty. i AM shtf.

:D

Fot
07-14-2010, 8:47 PM

Depends.. did you keep the burned out Eotech rifle or drop it for the tradition sited rifle? If you went tradition sights you are not SHTF ready!!!!:D

patriot_man
07-14-2010, 9:46 PM
Depends.. did you keep the burned out Eotech rifle or drop it for the tradition sited rifle? If you went tradition sights you are not SHTF ready!!!!:D

Found it pretty funny that the ACOG's illumination was gone after....

sevensix2x51
07-14-2010, 9:48 PM

damn.

ok, tomorrow im gonna do it again, but using only melee attacks and flashbangs. :chris:

E-120
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I practice SHTF in the airport terminal scenario on MW2.

Shady
07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
I PWN fools on airport terminal

Lower86
07-15-2010, 12:09 AM

That is obviously the most unrealistic SHTF situation ever. .

We all know that you would have to stop and find the correct TM and fill out a DA2404 for the damaged EOtech. Then you need to find HQ platoon in the bomb shelter tunnel and hope the armorer hasn't been killed (which he of course hasn't, because WTF does HQ ever do?) and wait while he tries to locate some M240B T&E to mark with platoon-color-coded paint pen before he will accept your damaged equipment. You will also be forced to remove your backup iron sight since it coresponds in paint pen number with the damaged EOtech. You may mention to him then that you need iron sights because there are Russians overrunning the White House. The Armorer (E5) will go into a tirade about the importance of his own duties and those of "his soldiers" (see. CO's driver, training room runner, etc.) and you will do pushups while he closes the armsroom for lunch. .

Upon return from Burger Town (which is closed due to Communist invasion) The armorer will reluctantly agree to issue you a carry handle/sight which you must retrieve yourself from a nondescript toughbox inside a nondescript conex in and unknown corner of the "motor pool" that may or may not have been destroyed earlier by MiGs. You will have to fight your way to this area with only melee attacks and flashbangs. Upon arrival, you will have to open every conex and every toughbox until you find carryhandles, then remove one and repack all of the rest of the chemlights, office furniture, promasks, etc. on the ground.

You will now fight your way back to Company HQ to sign for said carry handle. Upon completion of this mission, you are now ready to return to the crashed helicopter and continue mission to repel Russian paratroopers.

hawkeye
07-15-2010, 9:52 PM

lol, and I thought I was the only one! Smart people think alike!

Fot
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM

We all know that you would have to stop and find the correct TM and fill out a DA2404 for the damaged EOtech. Then you need to find HQ platoon in the bomb shelter tunnel and hope the armorer hasn't been killed (which he of course hasn't, because WTF does HQ ever do?) and wait while he tries to locate some M240B T&E to mark with platoon-color-coded paint pen before he will accept your damaged equipment. You will also be forced to remove your backup iron sight since it coresponds in paint pen number with the damaged EOtech. You may mention to him then that you need iron sights because there are Russians overrunning the White House. The Armorer (E5) will go into a tirade about the importance of his own duties and those of "his soldiers" (see. CO's driver, training room runner, etc.) and you will do pushups while he closes the armsroom for lunch. .

Upon return from Burger Town (which is closed due to Communist invasion) The armorer will reluctantly agree to issue you a carry handle/sight which you must retrieve yourself from a nondescript toughbox inside a nondescript conex in and unknown corner of the "motor pool" that may or may not have been destroyed earlier by MiGs. You will have to fight your way to this area with only melee attacks and flashbangs. Upon arrival, you will have to open every conex and every toughbox until you find carryhandles, then remove one and repack all of the rest of the chemlights, office furniture, promasks, etc. on the ground.

You will now fight your way back to Company HQ to sign for said carry handle. Upon completion of this mission, you are now ready to return to the crashed helicopter and continue mission to repel Russian paratroopers.

Rolling.. nice work man.

Uriah02
07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
raid a Target/Walmart/Supply Center and head into the woods.

Colt
07-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Naturally, I would call 911.

nmerced
07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/demotivational-posters-game-over.jpg

Cali-Shooter
07-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Game Plan (Mine):

Hunker down with friends + family in my neighborhood enclave.

Live off supply stockpile.

If I run out, grow more. I'm never running out of ammo.

patriot_man
07-16-2010, 1:12 AM

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp29/melon_killer/serious-cat-joker1.jpg

Scratch705
07-16-2010, 1:17 AM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/demotivational-posters-game-over.jpg

hahaha, that is funny. guessing wolf/dog hybrid?

evidens83
07-16-2010, 7:35 AM

LOL nice :D

cudakidd
07-16-2010, 7:51 AM
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: That's most peoples plans...

I couldn't find the flogging the dead horse smilie! Now that's a real crisis!!

These generic questions are just not answerable. Too many scenarios, time of year, weather, finances, health, all play a part.

For me IN GENERAL. I have three years to go to retirement then I'm outa here!! That covers most SHTF scenarios for me...

Just thought of another question. Why ask others what they would do? Do anonymous posters influence your decisions? If we all said we would stick a road flare in our butt and run down the street would YOU do that as a response to "SHTF"? Why ask us? This is about self reliance, it's not like I'm going to come save you OR invite you to my mountain top retreat after all...

Ed_in_Sac
07-16-2010, 8:17 AM
Lone wolf attitude won't cut it. If it really is SHTF, people need to join together to defend their turf/neighborhood. One home in a field on in a tract of homes, no matter how well armed, will eventually be starved or burnt out by roving gangs...and they will enjoy doing it. Better to have a bigger badder gang!

sevensix2x51
07-16-2010, 8:28 AM

roflmao :rofl2: