PDA

View Full Version : My Fiancee's new Sig 226 Gadsden

Flyin Brian
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I've been planning to buy my girl her own handgun since she loves shooting but has trouble with the slide on the P226 Elite in .40. So we drop by to check out a few pistols at the local shop and she sees this and falls in love...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/Flyin_Brian/SIG/GADSDEN/SigP226Gadsden004.jpg

professorhard
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Sweet gun!

bjl333
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Well I'd say you've found yourself a keeper Brian !!! Oh ... your fiance too.

RolinThundr
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Is that on the list or did the shop add the inscription and grips before putting it out for sale?

Sajedene
07-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Is that on the list or did the shop add the inscription and grips before putting it out for sale?

I'm curious as well!

Lovely choice!

gorenut
07-13-2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.sigsauerstore.com/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&itemid=551554

Grips and inscription come like that

Flyin Brian
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
It's a limited edition gun from Sig to honor the Tea Party Movement and they are only making 1776 of them. So that's 2 reasons why it will never be on the list in California :P

She's definitely a keeper. She asked me to drive her Jeep home so she could look at the box and read the manual. We got home and all she wanted to do was take it all apart and do a thorough cleaning and get it ready for the range tomorrow!! She lives in Colorado for now, so yeah, she had to wait a whole 15 minutes after picking it out for the instant background check and she walked out the door with it.

gorenut
07-13-2010, 10:52 PM
It's a limited edition gun from Sig to honor the Tea Party Movement and they are only making 1776 of them. So that's 2 reasons why it will never be on the list in California :P

She's definitely a keeper. She asked me to drive her Jeep home so she could look at the box and read the manual. We got home and all she wanted to do was take it all apart and do a thorough cleaning and get it ready for the range tomorrow!! She lives in Colorado for now, so yeah, she had to wait a whole 15 minutes after picking it out for the instant background check and she walked out the door with it.

A perfect example of guns bringing people together :D

As already mentioned, congrats on both the lady and the gun.

Oldnoob
07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Very nice.

faterikcartman
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
You may want to look up the difference between fiancé and fiancée!:eek:

Juice5610
07-14-2010, 1:21 AM

lol

SDRuger
07-14-2010, 5:32 AM
Nice!!! That is a good looking gun! Its always nice to have your wife go shooting with you. My wife is the one who actually got me into shooting. She said we should get a gun for home defense I said sure. And now we are both avid shooters with a growing arsenal. You got a keeper!

Flyin Brian
07-14-2010, 5:54 AM

Whooops, I thought it was the same for both. LOL

MicronuT
07-14-2010, 6:05 AM
Sd, where the women at?

ZX-10R
07-14-2010, 7:55 AM
Very nice.

esskay
07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I've been planning to buy my girl her own handgun since she loves shooting but has trouble with the slide on my 226 Elite in .40.

Nice story!

Question - what trouble does she have with your slide? Do you mean she has some difficulty racking the slide?

One thing that makes it easier is rather than pull back on the slide -- have her grasp the slide very firmly, then push *forward* on the frame with her shooting hand. You get more leverage against the spring this way and it's easier to do. Just be very cognizant of the trigger finger placement, sometimes people can tense up when exerting their hand and you don't want her to retract her trigger finger and ND.

ETA - also make sure not to "ride" the slide closed (which one might be inclined to do with the above technique because you're grabbing the slide so firmly). Let go of it sharply to chamber the round.

evidens83
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice! She's a keeper! Your fiancee aint that bad either ;)

Rick530
07-14-2010, 1:24 PM
Nice gun!

Oldnoob
07-14-2010, 2:16 PM

Hey, we not here to judge. :p

tbhracing
07-14-2010, 2:20 PM
Wow, nice!

Flyin Brian
07-14-2010, 4:21 PM
Nice story!

Question - what trouble does she have with your slide? Do you mean she has some difficulty racking the slide?

One thing that makes it easier is rather than pull back on the slide -- have her grasp the slide very firmly, then push *forward* on the frame with her shooting hand. You get more leverage against the spring this way and it's easier to do. Just be very cognizant of the trigger finger placement, sometimes people can tense up when exerting their hand and you don't want her to retract her trigger finger and ND.

ETA - also make sure not to "ride" the slide closed (which one might be inclined to do with the above technique because you're grabbing the slide so firmly). Let go of it sharply to chamber the round.

The problem she has with the .40 is that she can't consistently rack the slide while pushing the slide lock up. I've shown her the exact technique you described, and she was able to do it after 4 or 5 tries, but she gets frustrated with it and it certainly is not a confidence builder after trying that many times EACH time she needs to rack the slide. I don't feel confident having her use the .40 for hd when she is unable to operate it easily.

The funny thing was as soon as she picked out this 226, she didn't have any problem locking the slide :D

We took both Sigs out to the range this morning and put 100 rounds through each one and she did fantastic. The only thing she had minor trouble with was getting all 15 rounds in the mags.... the springs are pretty tight.