PDA

View Full Version : Triple A - Vallejo, Great place!

Schlamoo
07-13-2010, 9:13 PM
Looking for a place to do a PPT Saturday between here and Oakland. If I recall Triple A in Vallejo has gotten a few "thumbs up" from some of you a while back. Is this still the case? Thanks.

See below for comments............

NapaCountyShooter
07-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Very good. Go for it. They're good people. I did a ppt there a couple months ago and it was very smooth and quick. Lots of cool stuff to look at in there too.

checkenbach
07-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Triple AAA ROCKS, Good people, Great selection.

Rem222
07-13-2010, 10:12 PM
"thumbs up" +1

WReyth
07-14-2010, 7:02 AM
+1, The staff is pleasant to deal with

bruceflinch
07-14-2010, 7:33 AM
+1 Good Folk's

BigEd925
07-14-2010, 7:42 AM
Great shop, probably the best in the entire Bay Area.

SgtDinosaur
07-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Absolutely the best around.

Steyrlp10
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree with the rest and like their shop. They are especially courteous to women and very helpful.

Don't forget to tell them that you're a Calgunner. They're great folks when I'm working the gun shows -- they send people with questions to our booth all the time.

Purple K
07-14-2010, 1:50 PM
FYI... They've moved two doors down from their original location. A great shop!

gef
07-14-2010, 3:34 PM
I agree, great people, Aris the owner will treat you right.

masameet
07-14-2010, 3:59 PM
I like Aris. He's a great guy.

He always says to me Hello, Goodbye or Take care. Plus months after I'd asked about a certain model, he called to say it had arrived in his inventory. When I couldn't figure out something on my last purchase (after disassembling it), he had me come back. Then he took it apart and made it right at no charge.

KB22
07-14-2010, 6:18 PM
+1 all the way.

CalNRA
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
The shops is in a bit of a shady neighborhood but that's what all the bars are for.

I haven't heard a single negative word against them, which is rare for the north part of the bay area.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
07-15-2010, 6:37 PM
Good shop. If you're coming to do an FTF, they'd like to see you before 4 PM. They took care of me anyway when I was unaware of that and came later, then asked that I come earlier next time. Good folks, without a doubt.

cortayack
07-15-2010, 6:52 PM
There good.......I know because I live in Vallejo......:p

77bawls
07-15-2010, 6:58 PM
I did a PPT transfer there and they were great. The area was pretty bad tho... :eek:

norcal77
07-15-2010, 7:03 PM
They are the best shop in the Bay Area hands down. No attitude or BS from the staff...highly recommend.

Schlamoo
07-15-2010, 9:07 PM
Thanks folks, sounds like the place to be! I'll be there around 10 Saturday morning.

norcal77
07-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks folks, sounds like the place to be! I'll be there around 10 Saturday morning.

When you are done hit up Joy of Eating on Springs Rd. The Crab Omelette is pretty damn awesome.

ivanimal
07-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I would only go there if you want honesty and good service.

Schlamoo
07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Met QuarterBoreGunner at Triple A this morning. The place was great! I can honestly say it was the fastest, easyest ppt I've ever done. And they have a bunch of guns in that place! Very good selection of Glocks, Sigs, XD's. 1911's were on the lower end (but I'm kinda a snob) but they did have quite a few of them including those highly collectable Rock Island. Bunch of Bersa's, Beretta's and a lot of wheel guns. Didn't pay alot of attention to the rifle racks but looked like they had a big selection of AR's and shotguns in various flavors. And while I was there I just had to pick up a Beretta M9A1, just because......:o

P.S. If I had known Ivan shopped there, well I would have known it was a top notch place.......

thebronze
07-17-2010, 7:15 PM
When you are done hit up Joy of Eating on Springs Rd. The Crab Omelette is pretty damn awesome.

No way, Sac's Hotdogs!

GlennG31
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
With all the great comments I've read about this place, I'm gonna have to find some time to visit the store the next time I go up to visit my parents.

scidx
07-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I think I may have had an isolated experience there. At least according to this thread.

I tried a PPT transfer there. Time was 1500 (3:00 pm) on a Wednesday. I've done a few PPTs in CA, and for the most, have seen professionalism. I may have read the wind incorrectly, but as soon as I said AD military, the staff attitude changed. I was the seller, by the way. They asked me for a copy of my orders, of which I did not bring. I have never been asked to prove my residence to sell a gun in CA. I asked why, and the staff replied: "It's the law." I tried my best to remain calm and professional. I reasoned that the CA penal code does not require proof of residency for AD military to sell a marlin .30-30. They told me I need to prove my legal ownership of the rifle. This seemed wrong for many reasons. Stunned, I replied, I should not have to prove legal ownership since I already OWN the gun. A short fellow asked me if there was going to be a problem. Wow, I hadn't even raised my voice. I said with a fake smile, "If store policy does not allow me to sell this gun, then I guess I can't sell here." The short fellow stated in an angry tone, "It's not policy, it's the law." I smiled, said thank you for your time, and apologized to the gentleman I had meant to sell to. While I was packing my things, the short fellow (whom was in charge, it seemed) told me to leave. This is the most offensive trip to a gun store (or any store) I have ever experienced. I felt that I kept my composure, and did not lose my temper. I may have walked in right after some douche-bag set the staff on edge. Whichever the case, I will not go back. I did not see anything in that store that demanded my time, anyway.

Cyc Wid It
07-18-2010, 1:12 AM
I heard they used to have a good stock of 1911's (Colt etc.)... no more?

sammy
07-18-2010, 8:07 AM
What do they have in the way of reloading supplies? I am looking for 231 and .45acp LSWC's.