PDA

View Full Version : Scope mount for M1A Standard ???

livermoron
07-13-2010, 6:04 PM
Hi All,

I have just mated a new M1A Standard to a JAE-100G2 stock. Now, I need a nice optic... But first, I need to find a good, solid scope mount for my rifle. I want a mount that will stay zero'ed and that I will not have to worry about loosening up.

Any suggestions?

(Thinking of getting the Mk4 Leupold for the optic by the way)

Thanks,

Livermoron :cool:

trapshot68
07-13-2010, 8:31 PM
People like the Sadlaks, or Smith Enterprise.

I went with an aluminum Sadlak. Great. never moved. I'm just going a different direction on the project and will probably sell it. Keep an eye out if interested.

spaceburger
07-13-2010, 8:47 PM
Sadlac is the best. If you go on thier site you will see a pic of my M1A on thier site. I did allot of research, contacted them, and was able to get one of the first 6 to ever ues a TiNi coating. fricken asume.

Kiba
07-14-2010, 8:33 AM
Until I built a dedicated scoped M1A using an LRB M25 receiver which has an integral scope mount I previously tried all the usual scope mounts on my other M1A (Sadlak, Smith, ARMS.)

The ARMS was good but not as good as Sadlak or Smith. One big advantage to Sadlak is that they will custom make a mount for your gun if you have an out-of-spec receiver, they have a fitment kit and drawings on their webpage. (http://sadlak.com/si_custom_sm_fitting.html) I would highly recommend measuring your receiver before purchasing a mount from any manufacturer.

darkjedi351
07-14-2010, 4:26 PM
sadlak or sei are your top two. if you order a sei make sure you tell them if it's for a SAI so they can cut it.