PDA

View Full Version : My new GUNS!

newHGowner
07-13-2010, 5:12 PM
So here's my new babies! Both were given to me from my grandfather. Both had never been shot before. Brand new MINT condition.

Hi-Standard Field King .22LR Model#FK-101

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/iangordy/photo.jpg

And a Llama 9mm Parabellum (modeled after a Colt 1911) Model#XI-B

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/iangordy/photo-1.jpg

Any opinion, experience, or info on these is greatly appreciated.

D53
07-13-2010, 5:14 PM
I am really digging that Llama 9mm, let us know how it performs :thumbsup:

ZX-10R
07-13-2010, 5:21 PM
Nice!

Blackhawk556
07-13-2010, 5:37 PM
very nice

newHGowner
07-13-2010, 5:39 PM
I'm new to shooting, so my targets aren't the best looking. lol. But I've had a few shots that are dead on, and when I shot with my dad he was bullseye all day (and he hasn't shot a handgun before, only a rifle and it was over 20 years ago). They both seem to be very accurate. The Llama is a little finicky with ammo, it was jamming every so often with some older ammo my grandpa gave to me. But when using Federal ammo, I have had no jams. Works great and has been a blast to shoot.

Milsurps
07-13-2010, 5:45 PM
Congratulations . :D
I inherited two Hi-Standards. A Supermatic and Model B. I love them both.
I sure you'll have good times with yours too.

hkfooey
07-13-2010, 5:55 PM
Very nice brother! (and some history as well) :)

evidens83
07-13-2010, 8:53 PM
Nice! Curious to hear how the Hi-Standard shoots. Are they Buckmark clones or something because they look so similar??

Baxter
07-13-2010, 9:13 PM
That HI-Standard is sweet. Never sell that thing.

chuckdc
07-13-2010, 9:48 PM
Nice! Curious to hear how the Hi-Standard shoots. Are they Buckmark clones or something because they look so similar??

ARRRRRGHHHH!!!!

Sorry... that was the cry of anguish from a Hi-Standard Guy.
The HS predates the Buck Mark by decades. If anything the Buck Mark would be a clone of the Hi-Standard. The one in the picture is probably from the late 50s to 60's. Hi Standard made everything from plinkers (the Sport King series) to SERIOUS target pistols like the 10-X. By serious, I mean "competed in the real honest-to-goodness freakin' Olympic Games" serious. The last American-made handgun to win there.

gaucho750
07-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi-Standards are very nice and very accurate guns. My Grandfather has one that I have borrowed multiple times for carrying around a friends ranch when I help out. My only complaint is that it is a little finicky with ammo.

newHGowner
07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi-Standards are very nice and very accurate guns. My Grandfather has one that I have borrowed multiple times for carrying around a friends ranch when I help out. My only complaint is that it is a little finicky with ammo.

Yeah, I've only shot the Hi-Standard once, shot about 200 rounds though. It is an awesome gun and good for me because I'm new to shooting. Great practice gun. The only reason I've shot it only once is because the magazine would only load one round in it when I first got it. After I took the Llama to the range a few times, I finally got out to the gunsmith and he fixed the mag for $20 bucks. I lucked out, it is an original mag, and very hard to find a replacement, let alone another original. He recommended some chamber work because the shells weren't ejecting properly and got caught in the slide periodically. Only $60-$70 to fix but unfortunately he could only fix the mag that day and I was out of town so I couldn't leave it with him.

When I brought it to the range, I shot about 200 rounds and had about 15-20 jams. It seemed the more I shot it the less it jammed though. The gunsmith used Federal ammo, which is the same as I had previously bought for it and the Fedaral ammo is what I used at the range. Is there a different brand of ammo you would recommend for the Hi-Standard?

norcal.xd
07-14-2010, 8:08 AM
nice 9mm