PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Ranch Hand

deadcoyote
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Anybody know if Rossi is going to get these on the CA approved list?

BigDogatPlay
07-13-2010, 1:01 PM
No LCI, unless there is some kind of exemption otherwise for it, so it can't conform.

My guess is this will not be on roster.

Mr. Beretta
07-13-2010, 1:30 PM
No LCI, unless there is some kind of exemption otherwise for it, so it can't conform.

+1.......................

ke6guj
07-13-2010, 1:45 PM

12126. As used in this chapter, "unsafe handgun" means any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001, for which any of the following is true:

(b) For a pistol:
(1) It does not have a positive manually operated safety device, as determined by standards relating to imported guns promulgated by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
(2) It does not meet the firing requirement for handguns pursuant to Section 12127.
(3) It does not meet the drop safety requirement for handguns pursuant to Section 12128.

there is no requirement for it to have an LCI since it is not a centerfire semi-automatic pistol.

(4) Commencing January 1, 2006, for a center-fire semiautomatic pistol that is not already listed on the roster pursuant to Section 12131, it does not have either a chamber load indicator, or a magazine disconnect mechanism.
(5) Commencing January 1, 2007, for all center-fire semiautomatic pistols that are not already listed on the roster pursuant to Section 12131, it does not have both a chamber load indicator and if it has a detachable magazine, a magazine disconnect mechanism.

BananaTyrant
07-13-2010, 3:13 PM
Even if it did need an LCI, all you need to do is jam a wooden dowel down the feed tube and stop it up. Instant single shot and roster exemption.

dexter9659
07-13-2010, 10:38 PM
As was said, Dowel the feed tube. Too bad it is not available in 44-40. Im thinking I will get mine in 357, they msrp for around 400.

ke6guj
07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
my question with "zero'ing out the mag tube" is can that type of lever action be directly loaded into the chamber? I don't know the answer, but if it has to go into the mag before it goes into the chamber, then you would need a one-round mag tube which would make it a two-shot pistol, which isnt exempt.

BigDogatPlay
07-13-2010, 10:53 PM
The model 92 Winchester design, which is what this is a clone of, can absolutely be top loaded.

ke6guj
07-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm not a lever guy so I didn't know. But I have seen some side-feed, bottom-eject firearms that didn't look like they would be easily fed if the magazine was "zero'd out".

glockwise2000
07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Is this an out-of-production model? I can't see it on their website:confused:

Quiet
07-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Is this an out-of-production model? I can't see it on their website:confused:

It's a new model.
Expected release time frame is Q4 2010.

tonelar
08-07-2010, 12:55 AM
doesn't matter how the lever gun ejects- all of them have a bolt that travels back to eject and then feed the next round / all I've seen are easy to top or side load (never held a Spencer long enough to determine if it's the same; so it could be an exception to the lever gun rule)

Ke6Guj, I have to know; which lever gun bottom ejects?

I pre-ordered 1 in .44 today...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/tonelar/guns/MaresLEG-1.jpg
it'll hopefully get in by xmas. Middleman FFL is standing by with a dowel (since all specs claim they hold 6 rounds, I cut it to be the same length as 6 rounds of .44mag).

ke6guj
08-07-2010, 1:51 AM
I wasn't refering to any specific lever-action design. As I mentioned above, I am not a lever-action guy and don't know the specifics.

My point was that I knew of a firearms design that did not seem to be able to have the magazine blocked off and still be able to be loaded as a single-shot firearm. I was just asking if that could be an issue with a lever-action gun.

tonelar
08-07-2010, 4:09 AM
ok, i re-read your posts; they both seem to ask the same question even though BigDogAtPlay answered your first one.

As these Mares Legs are based on model 92's blocking off the tube presents no issue (fyi Winchester 92 and Rossi's copy of the 92 are top eject).