PDA

View Full Version : CAPE BUFFALOS GOT A BAD RAP!!!

supersonic
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I just stumbled across this video and was amazed!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8MABHXBz4&feature=related

EDIT: The thread title is more of a joke than anything else, so please don't take it seriouisly! However, one HAS to admit that this footage must be rare, "the exception to the rule" behavior. I mean, c'mon! A CAPE BUFFALO acting like a love-starved housecat?!?!?:p

nosuchagency
07-13-2010, 10:54 AM
meh, i'll stick with the theory that if someone takes the trouble to develop and name a rifle cartridge for a particular animal, it's probably for a g'damned good reason...

Bearclaw
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Nucking Futz!!!

gadjeep
07-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Capstick would disagree. So would I. Pretty sure That huge brow ridge isn't Just there to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Fjold
07-13-2010, 5:09 PM
I'll find out next year. I'm planning a trip for next summer to Zimbabwe to hunt "Mbogo".

bjl333
07-13-2010, 5:14 PM
Awwww ..... The cute Cape Buffalo just wanted to have his head scratched !!! My GSD does that when she wants her head scratched .... LOL

gadjeep
07-13-2010, 5:15 PM
I'll find out next year. I'm planning a trip for next summer to Zimbabwe to hunt "Mbogo".

Bring your running shoes just in case! I just finished reading "Death in the Long Grass" and the Buff stories were crazy! I love the quote "a Cape Buffalo looks at you like you owe him money." Classic.

supersonic
07-14-2010, 6:56 AM

YOU are a lucky man!!! I would give my......well I'd sell a gun or 2 to have that opportunity. I'll assume that we will be some of the first to see the pictures.:D

Shoot-it
07-14-2010, 12:34 PM
That guy is on the tame side it has been around people a lot and is not threatened.I bet it has been fed before and was looking for a treat.

When a bulls nose curls back it means they want to mate so in away he looked like he was going to mount the jeep.

aaronraby1
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
wow!! i would have tried to pet it. like... who else would be able to say "yeah, i pet a cape buffalo, without dying."

QuarterBoreGunner
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Nope. Sorry, not gonna mess with a critter that will trample you until it can no longer smell you.

Not unless I'm carrying a .416 Rigby at least.

patriot_man
07-14-2010, 3:15 PM
I would have just driven off if I saw that thing getting closer then 10 feet.

supersonic
07-14-2010, 6:52 PM
I don't know.....call me crazy, but I wonder what it would be like to actually ride a Cape (you know, like 'rodeo-style bull-riding)?????:D

tpuig
07-14-2010, 7:11 PM
I suspect that buf has had a tourist cookie or two in the past. Those things are huge.

All I remember is that our driver in Kenya was pretty upset when we found ourselves in the middle of a large herd of maybe 120-150 bufs. The beads of sweat were literally jumping off his forehead, just like in the cartoons. Nothing else (lions, elephants, rhino, leopard) phased him, but those bufs really maxed out his pucker factor.

aaronraby1
07-14-2010, 7:17 PM
I don't know.....call me crazy, but I wonder what it would be like to actually ride a Cape (you know, like 'rodeo-style bull-riding)?????:D

hahah!!!! that was a great mental picture!