PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports hates iphone 4

Teletiger7
07-13-2010, 12:12 AM
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/electronics/2010/07/apple-iphone-4-antenna-issue-iphone4-problems-dropped-calls-lab-test-confirmed-problem-issues-signal-strength-att-network-gsm.html

Marsoc1
07-13-2010, 12:50 AM
its funny to also read that apple forums has been deleting posts about this article

Rob454
07-13-2010, 5:00 AM
My buddy has the new I phone and we tried it and saw the reception bars drop significantly. But he is such a Apple guy that he said its ok he will just buy the protector so he went out and bought this rubber band that wraps around the phone. Cost 30$
I have his old I phone, and i got it for 100$ so to me it works fine. I know there are better phones out there. I just keep the I phone cause it was cheap when I purchased it and I don't feel like spending 400$ for a new smart phone ( since I don't need to) or get in a 2 year contract for one. IMO since they spent so much money on developing a newer better faster stronger Iphone they should of fixed the reception/antenna problem BEFORE they brought it to market. So I have no problem with CR giving them a bad review. If I woudl of bought it and found out that it had such a flaw in it I woudl demand my money back.

Mammoth
07-13-2010, 5:07 AM
They didn't exactly hate it. In fact, aside from the signal issue (which they happen to a little bit wrong about with the tape thing), it's still their top rated smart phone and scored higher than anything else.

Just sayin...

bigcalidave
07-14-2010, 3:55 PM
Consumer reports calls the iphone 4 the best phone ever... Then they complain about the reception "issue".... I like how they offer to fix the problem with a piece of duct tape, idiots! The day I got mine, and this is my first iphone btw, I noticed that I could affect the signal bars by holding the phone strongly as shown.. Then I got a piece of scotch tape, invisible wrapping paper tape, and fixed the problem with a tiny piece. It took me 20 seconds and the "antenna problem" is no more.

All the *****ing on the net about this is simply people who can't help but hate on apple. I used to be one, there was a lot wrong with the first two iphones, but the 3gs was better, and the 4 is a stunning piece of hardware. Absolutely a pleasure to use.

stormy_clothing
07-14-2010, 4:03 PM
the signal issue doesn't go away because you put a piece of tape over it - the opposite it's now always worse than before when not in your hand. Any one of the signal apps show that any case or protective covering including your hand on any phone drastically reduces the signal for any phone - my incredible goes between -61 and -81 dbi depending, the greater the negative the larger the battery drain and worse the signal. -20 dbi is massive on par with the iphone issues.

CR's really fux0red as they forgot to actually test it properly before rating the phone the first time.

Apple is rumored to be delivery modified new phones to some that fix it.

lorax3
07-14-2010, 7:38 PM
Actually they do not hate the iPhone 4.

In fact Consumer Reports scored it higher than the 3GS, HTC Evo 4G and other smart phones.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/07/12/224041-criphone.jpg

Teletiger7
07-15-2010, 8:02 AM
The article states that they CANNOT reccomend the iphone 4:

" But Apple needs to come up with a permanent—and free—fix for the antenna problem before we can recommend the iPhone 4."

JDay
07-15-2010, 3:18 PM
Apple is holding a press conference at 10am tomorrow about the iPhone 4, I bet they're going to announce a recall.

vf111
07-15-2010, 5:35 PM
All the *****ing on the net about this is simply people who can't help but hate on apple. I used to be one, there was a lot wrong with the first two iphones, but the 3gs was better, and the 4 is a stunning piece of hardware. Absolutely a pleasure to use.

I don't hate Apple or the iPhone, I just hate Apple stores and AT&T.

turbogg
07-21-2010, 8:29 PM
I don't hate Apple or the iPhone, I just hate Apple stores and AT&T.

Huh? :shrug: