PDA

View Full Version : It's Wabbit Season and the squirrels are fun too (videos)

capitol
07-12-2010, 7:56 PM
Rabbit fun

Kf7mpEPnVUE

v723JvuIl6o

and squirrel fun
FxFCTqKP1zc

gotime
07-12-2010, 8:18 PM
nice. but i don't think it takes someone a full 22 seconds to read your intro in the first vid. :p

Vtec44
07-12-2010, 8:30 PM
nice. but i don't think it takes someone a full 22 seconds to read your intro in the first vid. :p

He was just being nice to some of the slow readers. :D

Shoot-it
07-13-2010, 5:50 AM
I always considered cotton tails a game animal to be eaten not shot for the fun of it like squirrels. That's why most people shoot them in the head or body with a 22 lr or shot gun.

GVOllie
07-13-2010, 6:47 AM
Cottontails are a game animal, and wanton waste rules apply. DFG will issue citations.

capitol
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
I always considered cotton tails a game animal to be eaten not shot for the fun of it like squirrels. That's why most people shoot them in the head or body with a 22 lr or shot gun.

The rabbit taken with the 357 was skinned and will be stew soon. We tried to save the meat on the other rabbit too:D

77bawls
07-13-2010, 4:16 PM
Cottontails are a game animal, and wanton waste rules apply. DFG will issue citations.

One taken with the R25 looked like a jack rabbit to me.

ShooterJohn
07-13-2010, 7:39 PM
One taken with the R25 looked like a jack rabbit to me.
Doesn't matter! Apparently you don't know your regulations because jack rabbits are game mammals in California. Leaving any game animal is wanton waste. An offense you can be cited for. Or just offensive to real hunters and sportsmen.

257. Resident Small Game Defined.

"Resident small game" means the following resident game birds: Chinese spotted doves, Eurasian collared-doves, ringed turtle-doves of the family Columbidae, California quail and varieties thereof, Gambel's or desert quail, mountain quail and varieties thereof, sooty grouse and varieties thereof, ruffed grouse, sage grouse (sage hens), white-tailed ptarmigan, Hungarian partridges, red-legged partridges, including the chukar and other varieties, ring-necked pheasants and varieties, and wild turkeys of the order Galliformes; and the following game mammals: jackrabbits and varying hares (genus Lepus), cottontail rabbits, brush rabbits, pigmy rabbits (genus Sylvilagus), and tree squirrels (genus Sciurus and Tamiasciurus).

capitol
07-13-2010, 7:51 PM
hi john :seeya: