PDA

View Full Version : Sprint HTC Evo

HK4113
07-12-2010, 5:37 PM
I currently have a Treo 755p that is 3 years old. My contract has expired and the phone is on its last legs. I was looking at getting the Evo. Anyone have any personal experience with this phone?

subiegillis
07-12-2010, 6:29 PM
i have this phone and have had no problems with it i went from the blackberry curve to a palm pre to the evo 4g i love the phone .... if u have any questions about i hopefully i can help hit me up

Corbin Dallas
07-12-2010, 6:54 PM
I currently have a Treo 755p that is 3 years old. My contract has expired and the phone is on its last legs. I was looking at getting the Evo. Anyone have any personal experience with this phone?

Depending on your location, you may or may not have the new 4G. The phone itself is amazing and android will continue to suck up market share as long as there is support for it.

I'm going to wait a little while longer for the LTE rollout as the speeds will make 4G look like EDGE.

If you do NOT have 4G in your area, your phone will not multitask as sprint touts it to do so.

Also, there are some additional limitations, but I'm not the expert on those.

308SASS
07-12-2010, 6:59 PM
Love mines.

JDay
07-12-2010, 7:30 PM
Depending on your location, you may or may not have the new 4G.

Sprint's 4G is no faster speed wise than 3G, it does have better latency though. LTE is going to be much faster when it rolls out in the next couple months.

If you do NOT have 4G in your area, your phone will not multitask as sprint touts it to do so.

Why wouldn't it? That is a feature of Android and not a network limitation. Or are you talking about being able to surf the web while you talk on the phone?

Corbin Dallas
07-12-2010, 8:17 PM
Sprint's 4G is no faster speed wise than 3G, it does have better latency though. LTE is going to be much faster when it rolls out in the next couple months.

Why wouldn't it? That is a feature of Android and not a network limitation. Or are you talking about being able to surf the web while you talk on the phone?

4G = WiMax. It is also a feature of the network and is faster than 3G.

3G = 7.2Mbps
4G = 10Mbps

(All according to Sprint)

But if you go by technology numbers, WiMax is supposedly 128Mbps up 56Mbps down and LTE is 100Mbps up and 50Mbps down.

However, I think those numbers are wrong as Theory is often WAY different from Reality.

chewietobbacca
07-12-2010, 9:16 PM
LTE is used by Verizon and AT&T. They say it's being tested for deployment in some places by the end of the year... but chances are, schedules aren't followed on time

Corbin Dallas
07-13-2010, 6:49 AM
LTE is used by Verizon and AT&T. They say it's being tested for deployment in some places by the end of the year... but chances are, schedules aren't followed on time

Read this site, VERY informative.

http://www.3gamericas.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&sectionid=249

Corbin Dallas
07-13-2010, 9:44 AM
So if I am reading it correctly, LTE is kind of bridging a data gap between GSM and CDMA. If this is true, then am I safe to assume that future phones on Verizon and Sprint will have CDMA and GSM radio's built in?

Right now the only phones offered that work on both are the international phones which the evo is not. I believe the Evo only has a CDMA radio and not a GSM, could this be a problem within the next 2-3 years which is about how long my phones last?

No no no... GSM and CDMA are different technologies. GSM is now really called UMTS (older) or HSDA (newer).

LTE is the next evolution of HSDA+ which advances the original GSM technology to much faster speeds.

The CDMA counterpart would be WiMax. Future phones for CDMA will have WiMax (ala 4G) for Sprint/Verizon and any other CDMA market worldwide (There are hundreds of carriers)

The technologies will continue to be seperate. WiMax and LTE will not combine.

Corbin Dallas
07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
So I am still confused why you said your waiting for LTE to arrive since it only operates on GSM when Sprint runs on CDMA?

Who said I wanted a Sprint phone?

BTW, WiMax is not in San Diego yet, so I guess we're all waiting for either to roll out.

I'm on a UMTS network, or rather HSDA with AT&T. As my contract is up, I'm also looking for a new phone. Almost dropped the hammer on the EVO but after some research, it's not worth it to me.

I'll wait for LTE on the GSM/UMTS/HSDA/HSDA+ to be rolled out. Then maybe I'll upgrade.

stormy_clothing
07-13-2010, 2:59 PM
pull your heads out people even without wimax which is spreading like wild fire due to it's lower installation cost and greater penetration over wider areas sprints plan still sets it apart for new phones - btw WIMAX is all over SD and I'd expect Sprint to partner with the ISP's soon.

69.99 unlimited calls data and text over 3g the evo 4 is still the best phone on the best network for new subscribers if you get sprint services which are better in so cal than att for 3g. Oh and the forward facing cam and tethering works without wifi like the suck phone.

I like my incredible but I'd prefer the evo over 3g not to mention when 4g is available.

Corbin Dallas
07-13-2010, 4:00 PM
pull your heads out people even without wimax which is spreading like wild fire due to it's lower installation cost and greater penetration over wider areas sprints plan still sets it apart for new phones - btw WIMAX is all over SD and I'd expect Sprint to partner with the ISP's soon.

69.99 unlimited calls data and text over 3g the evo 4 is still the best phone on the best network for new subscribers if you get sprint services which are better in so cal than att for 3g. Oh and the forward facing cam and tethering works without wifi like the suck phone.

I like my incredible but I'd prefer the evo over 3g not to mention when 4g is available.

Sprint's 4g using WiMax is NOT in the San Diego area at this time.

If you don't believe me, go to sprint.com and check it out for yourself.

rubber duckie
07-13-2010, 4:12 PM
love mine. don't think you can really go wrong with a great phone on an awesome network. some of you may not believe that sprint is any good, but im sure if you drive alot and go to different places, you will realize the great reception. and the 3g at half bars is so much faster then att's iphone4 at full bars.

nickvig
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
The one thing I don't get is how Sprint is charging an extra $10 a month for 4g service with the HTC EVO, when they don't even have 4g in all areas yet. Los Angeles isn't even listed on the site as having 4g service currently. Seems ridiculous to me to charge an extra $10 per month for something you can't/don't have access to. And I'm a Sprint customer, BTW.

chewietobbacca
07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
The one thing I don't get is how Sprint is charging an extra $10 a month for 4g service with the HTC EVO, when they don't even have 4g in all areas yet. Los Angeles isn't even listed on the site as having 4g service currently. Seems ridiculous to me to charge an extra $10 per month for something you can't/don't have access to. And I'm a Sprint customer, BTW.

Yeah it's the one thing that blows... but LA is supposedly going to have it within 2 months.

And of course, I can get it whenever I'm in Vegas :43:

ddcorral2622
07-14-2010, 8:05 PM
I just got the White Evo about an hour ago...AMAZING phone

Bobotheclown
07-14-2010, 8:59 PM
I'm getting the evo once Sprint's online store gets more. Having a SERO plan pretty much limits where I can get it.

minerym
07-17-2010, 5:21 PM
EVO EVO!!

kf6rdn
07-19-2010, 8:50 PM

Technologywise sprint has been hard to beat for the last few years.

Customer service wise, and billing departwise they suck *** and for that I will NEVER use sprint again.

safewaysecurity
07-19-2010, 8:55 PM
My evo is ****ing awesome get it

FastFinger
07-20-2010, 6:30 PM
I'm getting the evo once Sprint's online store gets more. Having a SERO plan pretty much limits where I can get it.

How can you hang onto a SERO plan while upgrading to EVO? I thought that with EVO you start from scratch and pay full boat like everyone else?

Juice5610
07-20-2010, 6:50 PM
Love mines.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af349/Juice5610/lovemines.jpg

haha sorry had to do it:D

Chuntsman949
07-21-2010, 2:18 PM
I love my evo, its real nice. On one charge with heavy use itll last one full day maybe even longer

jtv3062
07-21-2010, 2:30 PM

I switched from a 755 to the EVO and its night and day. Do it.

UBFRAGD
07-24-2010, 10:29 AM
My HTC Evo is a pretty usefool tool. Maps Navigation works great. We surf 3G in SF and I am pretty impressed how fast it is. Call quality is really good. Overall, I'm really happy I went Evo. Battery life is pretty decent and I have chargers everywhere I go anyway. I don't like being unable to delete apps like Nascar and football that came preloaded-I drag them to the REMOVE button, and they remain. Also kind of stupid that the home screen won't go horizontal.

That being said, my PC/Vista decided not to recognize my phone anymore, and I can't find the fix after three days of trying, searching, and calling Customer Service. Without being able to load pics and vid and PDF's from my PC to my phone, one of the primary reasons I bought the danged phone, I am pretty pissed. I cannot get the screen to come up where I choose to recognize the device as a hard drive anymore. When I plug the USB in, the PC makes the device-plugged sound, but nothing else.

jtv3062
07-24-2010, 4:45 PM
I'm posting from the transbay tube. No problems at all in SF today. I'm pretty happy with my EVO.

aaronraby1
07-24-2010, 4:46 PM
i know that my brother got one for $550. hmmm... i could think of plenty of other things to spend that much money on. haha.im good with my blackberry!

jtv3062
07-24-2010, 6:28 PM
I got mine for 199.00. Your brother must of got his I'm the middle of his contract.

UBFRAGD
07-25-2010, 9:16 AM
OK, all I had to do to get the phone/PC connection back up was unplug the phones' battery--duh. Anyway, does anybody have any ideas on how to get the preloaded crap apps off my phone?

And I would like to load videos from my PC to my phone. What format and size works best?

And can I have my own folders of pics, organized by subject, in the EVO or am I stuck with the existing hierarchy?

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o476/ubfragd/k_drive.jpg

For instance, I moved a folder named "GUNS" into the sample pics folder, and it displays the contents of the folder along with all the other pics......

Tacom
07-25-2010, 9:32 AM
Some preloaded apps can simply be uninstalled. Others, you would need to root your phone to uninstall.

AlliedArmory
07-28-2010, 4:01 PM

You need to upgrade to one of their everything plans. SERO would go bye bye with the EVO.

I currently only get 15% off corporate discount. We NEEd a Calguns corporate discount lol. I wonder if that is possible?

Almost all companies and schools have corporate discounts. Check yours. This below list is pretty old, but here is an idea of the discounts available.

20th Century Fox 15%
3M 18%
AAA 5%
ABC Supply Co. Inc. (?%)
Aetna 12%
Accenture 25%
Acuity Brands 12%
Allianz 12%
American Airlines? 25%
American Honda Motor Corp. 20%
American Medical Response discount of 23%
Army/USAA/Military/Air Force/... 12% (Or 5%?)
Arthur Andersen 20%
Autodesk 12%
Bank of America 23%
BASF Corporation 8%
BearingPoint 17%
Best Buy 20%
BNSF 18%
Bluecross Blueshield 20%
Boeing 25%
Capital One 12%
Centegra Health System 21%
Cerner Corporation 15%
Cendant Corporation 20%
Chase 25%
Chevrolet 12% (Or 25%?)
ChevronTexaco - 20%
Chevron Credit Card? 25%
CircuitCity 12 or 18%
Cisco Systems 11%
CitiGroup 27%
Citrus Valley Health Partners 25%
Cleveland Clinic 23%
Coca Cola 20%
Columbia/HCA 20%
Columbia University 18%
Commercial Metals Company 6%
Conoco 12%
Costco 10%
Cox Communications - 23% (or 25%?)
CVS 18%
Daimler Chrysler 23%
Dell 20%
Deloitte 24%
Discover Card 12%
Disney 18%
Dow Chemical 10%
Duke Univeristy and Medical Center 23%
Eastman Kodak 20%
Eckerd Drug 7%
Electronic Data Systems (EDS) 25%
Ernst and Young 23%
FCI USA, Inc. 17%
Federated Dept. Stores (Macy*s, Bloomingdales, etc) 12%
FedEx 23%
Ferguson Enterprises 15%
Fiserv 13%
Florida School District Employee
Ford Auth Dealer 23%
Ford Motor Company 23%
Fox 15%
Freescale Semiconductor 25% (grandfathered from Motorola discount)
Freight Liner Corporation 12%
General Electric (GE) 20%
General Mills 15%
General Motors 18%
GMAC 18%
Grant Thornton LLP 10%
Hewlett Packard 20%
Hilton Hotels 15%
Hitachi America 16%
Hollywood Video 12%
Hospitals (also see VA below)? 25%
H&R Block 15%
HSBC Bank 18% (includes HFC and Beneficial)
IBM 25%
Illinois State University - 15%
Intel - 15%
ING Direct customers 16% *DEAD* http://ingdirect.com/sprint/
Iron Mountain 5%
JC Penney 20%
Johns Hopkins University 15%
JP Morgan 27%
Kaiser Permanente 10%
K-Mart 15%
Kelly IT 18%
KPMG 12%
L3 Communications 15%
Lane Bryant 8%
Law Enforcement 25%
Lear Corporation 15%
Lockheed Martin 8% or 10% ?
Loma Linda University Medical Center 23%
Lowe's 9%
Lucent Technologies 23%
MassMutual Financial Group 5%
Maxim Healthcare Services 20%
Mayo Clinic 25%
MCI 20%
Merrill Lynch 20%
Metro 1 15%
Met Life 18%
Microsoft 20%
Morgan Stanley 12%
Motorola 25%
National Assoc. of Realtors 5% + $150 Service Credit
Navy Exchange Service Command 15%
Newell Rubbermaid 8% <- sucks just like our company
News Corporation 15%
Northrop Grumman 18%
Northwest Airlines 25%
Northwestern Mutual 13%
OfficeMax 13%
Oracle 10%
Orange County (Florida) Public Schools 15%
Papa Johns 13%
Pennsylvania State University 14%
PepsiCo 23%
Providence Health Systems - 18%
Prudential Insurance - 9%
Raymond James Financial 11%
Raytheon 23%
Reed Business Information 18%
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 10-15%
Safeway 12%
San Francisco Fire Dept 21%
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) 20%
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories 12%
Sears 25%
Sherwin Williams 18%
South Central Kansas Regional Medical Center 21%
Southwest Airlines 15%
St. Joseph's Hospital - Pkg. WV 25%
State Farm Insurance 25%
State of Illinois Employees 21%
State of California Employees 15%
State of Texas Employees 15%
Sun Microsystems 20%
SunTrust 18%
Sysco (and subsidiaries, including Sygma) - 20%
Target 15%
Texas Instruments 10%
The Hartford Insurance Group %15
Time Warner 25%
Tricon Global(Yum Foods) 11%
United Airlines 25%
University health associates-WV-21%
United Parcel Service (UPS) 25%
University of Akron 10%
University of California Berkeley 15%
University of California Davis 13%
University of Chicago 21%
University of Missouri 13%
University of Nebraska (?)
University of Texas at Austin 15%
University of Wisconsin Madison 14%
USAA customers 5%
U.S. Congress 15%
US Foodservice employees get 24%
US Postal Service 25%
VA Medical Center 25%
Vanderbilt University 20%
Veracity Group 5%
Verizon 0% As of 01/13/2006
Wachovia/First Union 23%
Wake County (NC) Public Schools 15%
Wal-Mart 7%
Walgreens 8%
Wells Fargo 24%
Wyndham International 15%
Xerox 15%

bboyin4food
08-02-2010, 9:58 PM
They just rolled out 2.2 froyo, love it so far

sfwdiy
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
OK, all I had to do to get the phone/PC connection back up was unplug the phones' battery--duh. Anyway, does anybody have any ideas on how to get the preloaded crap apps off my phone?

You need to root the phone in order to delete all the pre-packaged crapware that HTC put on it. Once you do that you can download the Android developer's tools from Google and use the adb shell to delete all that crap. I went through the same deal with my Droid Incredible.

And I would like to load videos from my PC to my phone. What format and size works best?

Looks like it'll play MPEG-4 without any problem. I think it supports h.264 also. If you're talking about ripping a DVD or something, I'm sure a file size around 500 MB would be more than adequate, unless you're trying to use the TV output to watch it on an HD display.

And can I have my own folders of pics, organized by subject, in the EVO or am I stuck with the existing hierarchy?

You're stuck. The "Photos" app won't recognize folders that I know of.

--B

jtv3062
08-03-2010, 3:11 PM
They just rolled out 2.2 froyo, love it so far

Thanks for the heads up I read your post this morning and downloaded froyo
I'll start playing with the EVO tonight. Looks good so far.

MILLITIAof1
08-09-2010, 6:36 AM
Postin in 4g from grand rapids MI, man its fast!

Baconator
08-09-2010, 7:14 AM
Switched from a Blackberry Tour to the EVO. I like it more than my iPhone.

trapshot68
08-09-2010, 9:26 AM
Just got my Evo on Thursday and have been messing around with it.

Totally awesome, except for the battery.............

MILLITIAof1
08-09-2010, 8:08 PM
Just got my Evo on Thursday and have been messing around with it.

Totally awesome, except for the battery.............
chyea, the battery is HORRIBLE!

JDay
08-09-2010, 11:04 PM
You need to root the phone in order to delete all the pre-packaged crapware that HTC put on it. Once you do that you can download the Android developer's tools from Google and use the adb shell to delete all that crap. I went through the same deal with my Droid Incredible.

All you need is Titanium Backup and a rooted ROM to delete the preinstalled crap.

You're stuck. The "Photos" app won't recognize folders that I know of.

On my Android phone the gallery detects all photos I put on the sd card. Use the Picasa app to upload them to your Picasa gallery and they will be sorted.

trapshot68
08-10-2010, 7:51 AM
http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/05/20-tips-to-improve-htc-evo-4g-battery-life.html

Good little tweak tips for the battery life.

Still debating on rooting to get rid of some stuff. But really, really digging the phone.

Bobotheclown
08-12-2010, 2:35 PM
Wife and I had to sacrifice our two Sero accounts, but well worth. Paying 140-150/month for both phones and insurance.

FYI: Evidence worked on our Sero plans before we converted. Bestbuy activated the phones without issue. Only reason we converted was because wife really needed navigation and wanted anymobile minutes.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

BALDANDTOPLESS
08-14-2010, 1:28 PM
I use the seidio extended battery and I get 30hours on a single charge, yes 30 hours. That's with heavy usage.... full brightness, Bluetooth, 4g, WiFi, gps, all on at the same time. I was concerned about the extra thickness but its not bothersome at all. Actually feels better in the hand now. Forget the app killers and such... use the phone as it was meant to be with an upgraded battery. Bought mine on Amazon... worth every penny.

UBFRAGD
08-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Finally found an app I must have--THEODOLITE (http://hunter.pairsite.com/theodolite/)--but does not seem available for droid, dang!!

69Mach1
08-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm now on the waiting list at my local Sprint store. What I don't understand is why the EVO won't go horizontal for internet, but it will for watching movies. Can that be upgraded or fixed?

UBFRAGD
08-15-2010, 1:14 PM
I'm now on the waiting list at my local Sprint store. What I don't understand is why the EVO won't go horizontal for internet, but it will for watching movies. Can that be upgraded or fixed?

It does go horizontal for surfing the net. It does not go horizontal on the contacts list.

69Mach1
08-19-2010, 3:11 PM
It does go horizontal for surfing the net. It does not go horizontal on the contacts list.

Thank-you. I picked it up today. This phone rocks. It's so fast.

69Mach1
08-19-2010, 3:12 PM
On it now.

BigBoyPinoy
08-21-2010, 2:51 PM
On it now.

Now you can "moderate" the forum 24/7 ;)

I had the EVO for almost a month. Great phone but felt a bit too large to use comfortably with one hand. Returned it to try out the Samsung Epic when it comes out end of the month and will decide between the 2.

BALDANDTOPLESS
08-21-2010, 2:59 PM
If you want landscape capabilities on your home screen use launcher pro. The possibilities on this phone are tremendous.

AlliedArmory
08-21-2010, 6:02 PM
We need a Sprint PCS Corp Discount!

I got my EVO a few weeks ago and this thing rocks...except for the battery life. Minimal use in poor reception area mine will die in about 6-8 hrs after a full charge

UBFRAGD
08-22-2010, 9:51 AM
I was at a lumber store last week. I pulled out my EVO to check my notes to make sure I got the order right. The two girls behind the counter started squealing like porn stars in heat. One of them grabbed my phone, next thing I knew, my phone has three cute girls fondling it about 10 feet behind the counter, jabbering in chinese or korean. Suddenly the phone rings, probably the only reason I got it back. Close call.:D

UBFRAGD
08-22-2010, 4:34 PM
Pretty good results transferring a video I shot to my phone. If you have any input please post up, I'm just guessing at this point. For some reason I can't output at 800x400 pixels. I chose 3GPP for a change and that made all the difference.

Here's the flow:

Canon SX20>>Premiere Pro Adobe Image Encoder>>HTC EVO

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o476/ubfragd/evo_encoder.jpg

BALDANDTOPLESS
09-01-2010, 5:57 PM
RIP AB1934 AB1810 AB2358

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/baldandtopless/ad0ffb01.jpg

winnre
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I returned my EVO because I cannot use Skype on it.

BALDANDTOPLESS
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I returned my EVO because I cannot use Skype on it.

theres plenty of other voip programs out there besides skype.

qik
google talk
movicha

just to name a few

winnre
09-02-2010, 2:35 PM
theres plenty of other voip programs out there besides skype.

qik
google talk
movicha

just to name a few

But the other party in the UK uses Skype. So do most folks I know. It is a slow migration. I have Skype on my Android G2, why I cannot have it on an Android Evo sucks.

UBFRAGD
09-04-2010, 9:21 PM
Anybody using their EVO with some kind of TOPO software/device, I'd be curious what your results are, need an offline TOPO for backcountry hike 'n' shoots, hey what?

spectr17
09-08-2010, 9:52 PM
First week with the EVO. The GPS app with say location and go is slick, only screwed me once out of maybe 20 trips (bout 1/2 mile off).

2.2 Android OS has a root hack finally posted but sweet jeebus it's 3 pages of DOS commands. WTH? I need that hotspot tether bad for the laptop.

The flashlight app is the shizzle in rattlesnake and scorpion country. Email, Twitter and Facebook set up was easy to set up. My first touch screen phone, it does take some getting used to for typing and not hitting the wrong link on a screen. Size and weight are good for my tee shirt or surf shorts pockets.

The 3G WiFi screams in town, out in the boonies not so much. It's workable for the Internetz and email. YouTube videos are a joy to watch on the big screen with no stoppages to buffer or herky jerky playback.

The Friends Stream is nice to combine FB and Twitter feeds into one screen to ease the boredom in the airport.

I went with the Jawbone $99 ear bud dealio, The $39 hardwired earbud they had sucked and the salesman even warned me not to even try it. If that is so why even have the crappy non functional one on the rack to tempt suckers like me?

The one big beef I have is the lame AC/DC mini USB charger plug that plugs into the phone. It doesn't lock into the phone so it's constantly having to be plugged back into the phone. I guess all the phones are using this type connection for power and data connection but some engineer needs to rethink this weak link.

One other minor nag is my older IBM laptop doesn't have USB 2.0 so I can't sync the phone to that laptop.

The camera is pretty good, I'm shooting 1 meg high quality pics that are stored as .bmps. Video worked fine to record the neighbor's drunken wife swerving all over the road on labor day weekend. The one small nag is close up pics sometimes are not in sharp focus, not sure if that's me or there is no macro mode or what.

Low light pic wasn't too bad on auto setting.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs318.snc4/41231_1548558950351_1126381876_1566788_2490064_n.j pg

Fast action (30 mph) pic was okay, some overexposure in upper right.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs613.snc4/59337_1549867823072_1126381876_1569455_6292309_n.j pg

Eric Mayer
09-11-2010, 9:43 PM
Our family got 3 Evo's the day they came out.

Only beef I have with the phone is battery life. Now, I turn-off a bunch of applications after I unplug the phone and it will last most of the day.

btw, there is now 4G all over Los Angeles, even at my house, so surfing the net is fast!

Using the Speed Test App:
http://www.speedtest.net/android/9190216.png

Using the Speed Test Website:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/909148961.png

Eric :cool:

jtv3062
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM

UBFRAGD
09-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, if we're going to post pics from our EVO's, here's a low-res shot of the ceiling down at Nieman Marcus in downtown SF. I have used the camera to good effect out in the field for capturing information I would need later.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o476/ubfragd/niemanmarcus.jpg

spectr17
09-14-2010, 8:24 PM
No 4G east of Pomona right now. Even the 4G in Pomona is spotty at best. C'mon Sprint, work some OT and get 4G to the 909.

69Mach1
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Why isn't my "hot spot" function working? Is that a paid premium?

trapshot68
09-15-2010, 6:32 AM
^^ yes.

AlliedArmory
09-15-2010, 1:34 PM
Why isn't my "hot spot" function working? Is that a paid premium?

yup, $30 a month. just use a free program like easy tether. works pretty good.

maurice05
09-16-2010, 8:00 PM
It's a little more involved than just flipping a switch to 4g, since I was a inspector for the city of los Angeles each tower upgrade has to be inspected prior to turning on and I can say out of the 10 towers inspected most weren't wired as to plan so didn't pass inspection holding them up by weeks, ironically I ended up with a EVO

QUOTE=spectr17;4959527]No 4G east of Pomona right now. Even the 4G in Pomona is spotty at best. C'mon Sprint, work some OT and get 4G to the 909.[/QUOTE]

Darklyte27
10-01-2010, 9:01 PM
anyone try these batteries yet?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=htc+evo+battery&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.onlyevo.com/evobatteries.html

UBFRAGD
10-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Anybody using the FreedomPro keyboard (http://www.freedominput.com/freedom-accessories/freedom-pro-keyboard) on the EVO????

Bobotheclown
10-03-2010, 6:38 PM
If you want hot spot capabilities on your evo, you can root your phone and install the wireless tethering app on your phone. Only draw back is that that voids your warranty, but if you unroot before sending it in, they will never know.

Send from my Sprint Evo using Tapatalk

bombadillo
10-08-2010, 6:24 PM
Got the Seidio extended life battery and a nice windshield mount, and the thing makes a killer GPS now!!