PDA

View Full Version : Wife's GLOCK .40 Upgrade: CT Laser

doc540
07-12-2010, 3:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/Glock%2023/DSCN2632_01-1.jpg

My wife wears contacts and glasses sometimes, and these CT lasers really improved both her confidence and accuracy.

Low light, home defense, quick sight acquisition...it's just a win/win/win.

Mepro night sights are still there for backup.

Fliggidy
07-12-2010, 4:42 PM
nice... doesn't the CT add a little more bulk on the grip and becomes a lil uncomfortable?
never actually used one or held this type...

doc540
07-12-2010, 5:13 PM
nice... doesn't the CT add a little more bulk on the grip and becomes a lil uncomfortable?
never actually used one or held this type...

Yes, adds a little more bulk to the upper, back part of the grip, but not enough to really notice or make any significant difference.

Jerkdog
07-12-2010, 6:49 PM
Yes, adds a little more bulk to the upper, back part of the grip, but not enough to really notice or make any significant difference.

I have one on my G19...it does add a little width to the grip, but really only on the palm side. The bulge doesn't affect the grip of my fingers on the other side, if that makes sense.

Also a great training tool. Dry fire practice with the CT and you'll be surprised at how much you move the point-of-aim/point-of-impact.

doc540
07-12-2010, 6:54 PM
Also a great training tool. Dry fire practice with the CT and you'll be surprised at how much you move the point-of-aim/point-of-impact.

this

Doheny
07-12-2010, 6:56 PM
If you really want to improve her accuracy, get her a G19. The .40 is just too snappy.

doc540
07-12-2010, 7:02 PM
If you really want to improve her accuracy, get her a G19. The .40 is just too snappy.

for you, maybe

She shoots a G27 all COM.

mtambio
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
for you, maybe

She shoots a G27 all COM.

You really know how to pick em!!!!

Southbay
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM

I really think 40 S&W being snappy is way over stated. My daughter who weighs about 115Ibs wet loves shooting all my 40 S&W’s, her favorite is the G23.

doc540
07-13-2010, 7:25 AM
Truth be known, I avoided the .40 for PD because I believed the recoil myth.

Found a great deal on a G27 and bought it to flip.

Shot it and was amazed at how controllable and accurate it shot.

So, I sold my 9mm car gun for the .40.

Within the next couple of weeks I snagged the G22 and sold the 9mm house gun.

9mm to .40, I've made the move.

MarioS
07-13-2010, 8:56 PM

I know what you mean. I started out as a .40S&W guy and moved to 9mm to try for a bit because of the lighter recoil. I'm moving back to .40S&W. The G27 isn't bad at all if you've got a good grip on it. If it's slippery in your hand then it will feel a lot less in control. Do you have grip tape on yours? I'm considering picking up a G27 and want to know if grip tape helps with the recoil control.

doc540
07-14-2010, 3:23 PM
I know what you mean. I started out as a .40S&W guy and moved to 9mm to try for a bit because of the lighter recoil. I'm moving back to .40S&W. The G27 isn't bad at all if you've got a good grip on it. If it's slippery in your hand then it will feel a lot less in control. Do you have grip tape on yours? I'm considering picking up a G27 and want to know if grip tape helps with the recoil control.

No grip tape, but I did buy the extended mag and spacer, so there's plenty to hold on to.

Ballistic043
07-14-2010, 3:44 PM

hopefully, you will never have to shoot through a car door to DRT a perp unloading from behind cover. but if you do, you will have chosen the right gun.

(one of the more colorful reasons the 40S&W was created for LEO)

cops, like many law abiding citizens, are in the business of preparing for what may never happen. not being unprepared for the rare occasion it does.

this is why i will personally favor the .40 round in any future HD, duty or plinking pistols. best of both worlds.

im sure you remember from TNHS, when the local PD had to arm up from the gun stores with better weapons. all because some arthritis ridden stink fart didnt think it was important to have a patrol rifle. oh boy how things have changed