PDA

View Full Version : .50 BMG rifle reg. thumbprint question

ghettoshecky
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
So I got an inkpad and did my own thumbprint because unfortunately San Diego PD and SDSD do not do fingerprinting anymore. The problem is that I read that unacceptable prints will not be processed. Is the DOJ really anal about prints and did anyone have their form returned? Man I know I really should've done this earlier.

artherd
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I did my own print on my equipment, though it is legible. Registration confirmation returned approx 1 week later.

EBWhite
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I took my own fingerprint. I did not have an inkpad and i took those inkpad refill bottles and got a little ink on my thumb and my thumb was already cut up from doing some work outside. Fingerprint looked okay of the outsides and the inside was mush with a bunch of cuts from my finger. they accepted...i was worried too

bu-bye
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I took my kids black crayola marker and marked my thumb with a lot of ink. I did a test print on another paper and it came out very well. Did it again on the rag card and it looked just as good as any other thumb print I have done. Give it a shot ;)

Blue
04-14-2006, 2:42 PM
I did mine on my own. I sent my reg out last Friday and got the papers back yesterday. Super fast!

psssniper
04-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Did my own also. Borrowed the ink pad at my FFl's I had a nice gash in my thumb but it still looked okay. Make sure to do the "roll" to get a nice full print. My reg came back within a week of mailing. You better hurry up times a wasting

stealthmode
04-15-2006, 12:00 PM
did my own with no problems just a few practice rolls to get it right. got my reply letter back within a week.

uzigalil
04-15-2006, 3:31 PM
Doj got my card on the 6th of this month and I have nothing back yet.

alex00
04-15-2006, 7:21 PM
I did my mine and my wife's. I really messed up my wife's the first time. I just crossed it out and re-did it on the same form. No problems and got the letter a week later.

Remember, press hard on the ink pad, lightly on the paper.