PDA

View Full Version : CETME (non-sporter) Letter?

caduckgunner
04-13-2006, 8:10 PM
Does anyone have a CETME letter? I found a great deal on one, but the guy wants a letter before he will sell it to me. I know the CETME SPORTER is listed. Thanks.

thmpr
04-13-2006, 8:37 PM
Does anyone have a CETME letter? I found a great deal on one, but the guy wants a letter before he will sell it to me. I know the CETME SPORTER is listed. Thanks.

CETME? Forgive my ignorance.

Charliegone
04-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't know man...that is just way too close to the original. You know how the DOJ is with this stuff...better not to try it.

The CETME, was in fact the first G-3, but was made for the Spanish army by German engineers. It has some similar features like the G3, but it is an older rifle..so things like the bolt carrier and trigger parts are not interchangeable with the G3.

50 Freak
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Not true, parts are pretty much interchangeable with the G3.

And only the "CETME SPORTERS" were banned by name not the CETME. I know a couple of people on this board that own CETMEs.

Charliegone
04-14-2006, 3:14 PM
Not true, parts are pretty much interchangeable with the G3.

And only the "CETME SPORTERS" were banned by name not the CETME. I know a couple of people on this board that own CETMEs.

Yeah some parts are interchangeable, but the bolt carrier most definetely is not.

So wait, it has to be only CETME to be banned? Maybe some ffls would do it, but geez, that is pretty close.

50 Freak
04-14-2006, 3:21 PM
So wait, it has to be only CETME to be banned? Maybe some ffls would do it, but geez, that is pretty close.

You mean it has to be a "CETME SPORTER" to be banned. Back when the list came out, there were no or very very few CETMEs. So they didn't make the list. The only ones listed were "CETME SPORTERS" made by the now defunct MARS Corp.

CETME parts kits started coming into the US late 90's (almost 10 years after the original list came out) and they were being built on American receivers. So technically how can something be banned if it didn't even exist at that time the original list came out.

Now if you found a CETME or CETME SPORTER made by the MARS corp, then that's a different story. But now the models floating around were made by Century Arms.

CADUCKGUNNER, I suggest you write a letter to the DOJ and ask for clarification and send it certified.

caduckgunner
04-14-2006, 3:22 PM
Well I asked to guy if he will sell me everything except the receiver. I'll but PTR-91 receiver ans stick it on there if I have to.

Charliegone
04-14-2006, 3:29 PM
You mean it has to be a "CETME SPORTER" to be banned. Back when the list came out, there were no or very very few CETMEs. So they didn't make the list. The only ones listed were "CETME SPORTERS" made by the now defunct MARS Corp.

CETME parts kits started coming into the US late 90's (almost 10 years after the original list came out) and they were being built on American receivers. So technically how can something be banned if it didn't even exist at that time the original list came out.

Now if you found a CETME or CETME SPORTER made by the MARS corp, then that's a different story. But now the models floating around were made by Century Arms.

CADUCKGUNNER, I suggest you write a letter to the DOJ and ask for clarification and send it certified.

Oh yeah, CETME sporters is what I meant.:D

Yes a letter would clear up some things.