PDA

View Full Version : And to think, I was almost frightened

shopkeep
04-13-2006, 4:52 PM
Today I was DROSing recievers in my FFL's office and in comes a secretary who works for another business. She says, "There are two men from the Sheriff's office here to see you..."

I start thinking, "Crap... are we in trouble or something?" when both of them walk into the office in full uniform. Then one of them says, "Excuse me, could we possibly DROS next because we're almost off lunch thank you".

I was like OMFG do I feel stupid for getting nervous, they were just there to purchase offlist lowers LOL!

phish
04-13-2006, 5:27 PM
that's some funny feces

good for them!

Stanze
04-13-2006, 5:43 PM
You wouldn't want to go shooting with me, I'll break the ice at the meeting place by yelling, "DOJ EVERYONE ON THE GROUND NOW!"

Yeah, the looks on their faces are priceless.:D

tenpercentfirearms
04-13-2006, 7:56 PM
Coming from you Shopkeep, nothing surprises me. I still contend you are a pretty high strung guy. Come back down and buy something from me again and I will have the Taft PD do a mock raid, but forget to tell you it is a mock raid. Or when you come in I will tell the cop, "Yeah officer, this is the guy who keeps asking me about full auto and silencers." I almost did that to a customer the other day because he was asking about silencers and he came in a few days later and my usual officer was there and I almost said, "Hey this guy was just talking about silencers." I didn't,

PIRATE14
04-13-2006, 8:23 PM
Today I was DROSing recievers in my FFL's office and in comes a secretary who works for another business. She says, "There are two men from the Sheriff's office here to see you..."

I start thinking, "Crap... are we in trouble or something?" when both of them walk into the office in full uniform. Then one of them says, "Excuse me, could we possibly DROS next because we're almost off lunch thank you".

I was like OMFG do I feel stupid for getting nervous, they were just there to purchase offlist lowers LOL!

This reminds me of the time, we were going full blast in SOCAL...helping about 10 guys and 10 of the boys in Blue show up...........I said you all have the right to remain silent......**** the look on their faces was priceless.....haha....maybe we should continue that story WES was putting together early with off list rcvr buy stories......

artherd
04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Pirate, wes, you are evil evil men! ;)

I remenber back in January when the DA's Inspectors showed up, suits and everything. Yep, sold 'em a reciever :)

blacklisted
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
You think that's bad? You should have seen when the Sheriff's department and about 15 cops raided the house next door, crossing under my bedroom window. I had to leave the house and calm down.

artherd
04-13-2006, 11:22 PM
You think that's bad? You should have seen when the Sheriff's department and about 15 cops raided the house next door, crossing under my bedroom window. I had to leave the house and calm down.
Oooooh snap. Think of how ugly it could have gotten had they gotten the wrong house?!

I wouldn't even want to imagine what would happen if 15 armed men broke into my house at night. Hell I'd probally be halfway to Hondouras before I found out it was a mistake :D

jdberger
04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Hell I'd probally be halfway to Hondouras before I found out it was a mistake :D
You got a coffin with oxygen tanks, too?:D

JS-M1A
04-14-2006, 1:35 PM

Was this yesterday ?