PDA

View Full Version : farvorite bullet design

Shoot-it
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
I am looking for a good bullet to reload for big game hunting NON copper.

Whats you favorite??
I'm trying to decide between:
Nosler partitions-accubond

Hornady :sst

Sierra :gamekings or just use my prohunter I have loaded for the 7mmrem mag they are printing 1" groups at 100 yards.

Bearclaw
07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm a fan of the Nosler partitions myself for NON-Copper.

For NON-LEAD, Barnes Tipped TSX.

Big Jake
07-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm a fan of the Nosler partitions myself for NON-Copper.
For NON-LEAD, Barnes Tipped TSX.

I run .200 Grain Noslers through my .300 Ultra Mag. Very hot loads indeed! :43:

Bearclaw
07-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes sir! I run the 165's or 180's through my 30-.06...depending on the game.

Big Jake
07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
The .200 grain Noslers are a bit scary actually. The recoil on those loads is insane. I can only shoot a few at a time without putting a small bruise on my shoulder! :43:

Divernhunter
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Sometimes it depends on the big game. Some I want a faster opening bullet than others. However I can fall back to one bullet for anything when I need to. The would be a Nosler Partition and usually lighter to med weight for the caliber. Swift A-Frames are a step up if needed/wanted(more want than need). I am starting to like the Hornady Interbond bullets,. Swift builds a good bonded bullet. Noslers bonded bullet seems ok but is designed to have less of a mushroom(frontal area) than the others.

Given one bullet style I would go with the Partition. Nosler got it right many years ago.

Shoot-it
07-10-2010, 2:23 PM
Thanks .I am leaning towards the nosler partitions or accubonds.

I have a box of wet media to test my sierra pro hunter rounds and see how they do. I am sure any lead core sp bullet will knock down an illusive CA deer.:eek: