PDA

View Full Version : Sight suggestions for Glock 23

copperhead
07-08-2010, 2:19 PM
Does anybody have any good suggestions for new sight for a Glock 23? I've been looking at STS red dots, ghost ring sights, even just night sights....what do you all think? With how snappy the G23 can be, it's just hard to imagine that a slide mounted sight would last....

My goal for all of this would be something for self defense/target shooting (not competitive), so quick aquisition and obviously accuracy at night would probably be most important.

esskay
07-08-2010, 3:23 PM
I'd look seriously at the Warren Tacticals with tritium vials in "straight eight" configuration.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights-/-Tools-Warren-Tactical/c7_28/p292/WTS-Warren-Tactical-Sets-Glock/product_info.html

SVRider
07-08-2010, 4:41 PM
I'd look seriously at the Warren Tacticals with tritium vials in "straight eight" configuration.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights-/-Tools-Warren-Tactical/c7_28/p292/WTS-Warren-Tactical-Sets-Glock/product_info.html

Agreed. Striaght Eight configuration is my favorite, although I have not tried Warren's yet (was considering it). All my night sights are Heinie S-8's.

Good recommendation.

tomd1584
07-08-2010, 9:35 PM
i have the trijicon NS on my glock 23. almost all my shooting is low light and nighttime, and i really like them.

esskay
07-08-2010, 9:42 PM
Trijicon makes great kit and I have had some of the NS, I just don't like 3 dot sights anymore... The dots usually don't correspond to the proper sight alignment vertically (throwing you off), and the rear dots can distract & confuse under stress.

joefrank64k
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I use the Truglo fiber optic/tritium sights:

http://www.botachtactical.com/trtfogunsi.html

They go for about $68 at Botach.

I like them a lot...easy to install, easy to pick-up in use.

SVRider
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I just don't like 3 dot sights anymore... The dots usually don't correspond to the proper sight alignment vertically (throwing you off), and the rear dots can distract & confuse under stress.

Exactly the reason I prefer the straight-eight configuration. If you see only 1 dot, it's the rear. If you see two, the one on top is the front. At least to me, the 2-dot setup is way faster to align than 3.

esskay
07-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Truth is that I mostly run plain black rears now. Once you really become accustomed to your pistols you will index it properly, and fact is that in most low light situations I'd probably be using white light to target ID and you will see the outline of the rear sight. However, it is nice to have a rear reference point from time to time, so the single rear dot works nicely for that (I prefer it muted or a different color)

esskay
07-08-2010, 11:23 PM
BTW I like the concept behind the TruGlos, however they seem to not be as durable as others - something to consider for a defensive gun. I love fiber front sights (have 'em on my competition guns) but am not enthusiastic about running them on defensive/duty guns. Also, fiber optic dots on the rear sight are even more distracting because of how super bright they are!

One of my shooting buddies looked at setting up a TruGlo front sight with a plain black rear sight but IIRC TruGlo makes their sights at a relatively uncommon height making it harder to find a good match. FWIW, he told me he had a poor experience with TruGlo customer service.

hollowpoint
07-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I went with some Trijicons on my G23 and I love them. I have been very accurate with them, follow up shots are easy and IMO they are great sights.