PDA

View Full Version : Just over the border...

artherd
04-12-2006, 12:16 AM
...in Arizona on some business, and fully legal permitless open carry is everywhere. Polite, decent, responsible adults proudly displaying the means with which to defend their own safety and that of their loved ones. I feel much more at ease around my fellow men & women. The stop-and-rob here will be the stop-and-don't-even-think-about-****ing-robbing. Fantastic.

Me, I've got my Glock34 on my hip but concealed (& permitted :( ) Why can't California see how it's done?

Henry47
04-12-2006, 3:27 AM

Me, I've got my Glock34 on my hip but concealed (& permitted :( ) Why can't California see how it's done?

just curious as to how you got a CCW in "north sf bay area"? :confused:

natrab
04-12-2006, 8:21 AM
I think he has an AZ CCW permit. Or some other state's, since AZ has reciprocity.

hdcd
04-12-2006, 10:41 AM
My family lives in Havasu and my bro has said he sees open carry in Walmart/K-Mart all of the time :D no problems!

ldivinag
04-12-2006, 1:11 PM
my gosh...

all those guns in the open and the streets are running blood red??!?!?!?!?!??!

[/sarcasm]

i emailed the sheriff of tehama county a few months back. on their website lists the CCW permit requirements.

i wrote asking if his county has turned into the wild wild west... he replied no...

www.tehamaso.org/ccw.htm

read that AND weep...

PistolKidd
04-13-2006, 1:59 AM
wow wow... open carry..... I admit when we blast stuff up in the desert, we all have holsters and rifles out..but I cant even imagine what it would be like to be in a metropolitan area with a sidearm on your hip!!!

thats just awesome.. you gotta get a picture of that.. i'd love to see it..

Jeff Rambo
04-13-2006, 2:11 AM
my gosh...

all those guns in the open and the streets are running blood red??!?!?!?!?!??!

[/sarcasm]

i emailed the sheriff of tehama county a few months back. on their website lists the CCW permit requirements.

i wrote asking if his county has turned into the wild wild west... he replied no...

www.tehamaso.org/ccw.htm

read that AND weep...

What was the purpose of your question? We need more Sheriff's in office like him.

Jeff Rambo
04-13-2006, 2:13 AM
wow wow... open carry..... I admit when we blast stuff up in the desert, we all have holsters and rifles out..but I cant even imagine what it would be like to be in a metropolitan area with a sidearm on your hip!!!

You definitely need to visit Arizona. Land of the free, home of the protected. If I fled California, it is tops on the list along with NV and TX.

accordingtoome
04-13-2006, 4:06 AM

i need pics of this so called.. "land of the free".. i need proof of this open carry idea..

Jeff Rambo
04-13-2006, 4:12 AM
Was that said in jest? If not, just take a trip :)

accordingtoome
04-13-2006, 4:13 AM
Was that said in jest? If not, just take a trip :)

i jest .. i jest. :D k who's driving ?

artherd
04-13-2006, 11:17 AM
just curious as to how you got a CCW in "north sf bay area"? :confused:

1) Not all "north sf bay area" counties are shal-not-issue.

2) Carrying legally concealed in AZ under my FL permit (reciprocity or honors with 26 other states.)

artherd
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
my gosh...
www.tehamaso.org/ccw.htm
read that AND weep...
While it sure seems he is on the right track, this statement is illegal:

* Must be a full-time resident of Tehama County, however not a resident of the city limits of Red Bluff or Corning.
Not only may the Sheriff hear CCW Good Cause statements of any resident anywhere within his county (even in a city), he is actually compelled and required to do so, and may not direct anyone to go see a police cheif instead! See: ( Salute v. Pritchess, 132 Cal.Rptr 346, 61 Cal.App.3d 557 (Ca.App. 1976).)

unimog_88
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
You definitely need to visit Arizona. Land of the free, home of the protected. If I fled California, it is tops on the list along with NV and TX.

ME, TOO. +1

ldivinag
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
What was the purpose of your question? We need more Sheriff's in office like him.

nothing. after reading their site over and over for months (that's why i now memorized that one url), i finally just wrote to him one day.

i just wanted to comment to him about his policies and commending him.

too bad that i didnt get a job at chico state. i already started look for places around tehama county...

milw50717
04-15-2006, 8:24 PM
1) Not all "north sf bay area" counties are shal-not-issue.

Yes, I hear alaska is north of sf bay area, not sure it is a county though :)

I'm off to Israel in a few weeks. I think they have a different concept of 'carry' over there ...

http://www.rachelpapo.com/serialno3817131/images/02.jpg

blacklisted
04-15-2006, 8:41 PM

I'm off to Israel in a few weeks. I think they have a different concept of 'carry' over there ...

Only if you are in the military...their gun laws are pretty crazy.

CSkyhawk72
04-15-2006, 10:54 PM

Hotties with guns!!! Yowza! :D

HillBilly
04-17-2006, 8:07 AM
I remember seeing a pic of Libyan Leader Ghadafi (sp) with his "bodyguards". I actually think the pic was from when he camped out on the whitehouse lawn.

A squad of hot arabian chicks (and it looked like some asians too..weird) in black BDU's and automatic weapons. It was sweet.

He may be a terrorist, but he has cool hats and hot bodyguards!:D

bg
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I have to admit, the one time I went to Az and saw a
guy open carrying, I stared at him like his Johnson
was hanging out...He noticed and also noticed my ole
Glock cap. He came over kinda laughing a bit, and told
me in Az it was legal to open carry. He looked at me
after he told me this, kinda grinned again and said.
" So that's what a deer looks like when headlights
hits him ". I admit I was shocked, but soon had a
I was 10 yrs old again and it was x-mas type feeling.

So that's what it's like to be free, huh..?

LeoC
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Open carry is also legal in Nye County, Nevada. It's a rather sparsely populated county, containing Pahrump, NV home of the famous Sherri's br... um... bar :D

I tried it last time I was out there. Nervous as all heck, sweating bullets under my shirt (well, it was 90 degrees out too) as I went into the local WalMart for ammo.

My heart jumped up into my throat when the white car with the light bar which I thought was Mini-Mall Security had "Nye County Sheriff" written on the side! To myself: "OK, don't panic. I know open carry is legal here." Sheriffs are between the Walmart and me. Walk a few steps towards the entrance. "...right?! Open carry IS legal here RIGHT?" Walking past the Sheriffs now, they look over at me (can feel my hands starting to tremble!) To myself: "OH GOD, I only read on the internet that open carry is legal here! WTF was I thinking?!"

The sheriffs turn away, and I stroll on into Walmart to do my shopping. Bought my ammo, got a shirt, and picked up a hat while I was at it. Nobody even seemed to wonder or care, though I saw several that noticed. Well, guess open carry is legal in Nye county after all :p Heck of a way to find out.

Anyways after I played the sucessful guinea pig, my buddy and I open carried pretty much everywhere without a "no weapons" sign posted.

After the initial jitters, it was a depressing thing to cross into Clark County and back into California. Felt like I was giving up my Citizenship :mad:

m1aowner
06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I said no MAYO!

RE1
06-23-2006, 2:14 AM
...in Arizona on some business, and fully legal permitless open carry is everywhere. Polite, decent, responsible adults proudly displaying the means with which to defend their own safety and that of their loved ones. I feel much more at ease around my fellow men & women. The stop-and-rob here will be the stop-and-don't-even-think-about-****ing-robbing. Fantastic.

You have got to be joking. You actually think everybody in California should be legally allowed to carry a gun. I am far more afraid of the road raging idiots on the 5 freeway in So Cal, then having someone actually robbing me with a gun. Can you just imagine rush hour in downtown LA and everybody having a gun in their car. - Insane

Rivet
06-23-2006, 4:45 AM
You have got to be joking. You actually think everybody in California should be legally allowed to carry a gun. I am far more afraid of the road raging idiots on the 5 freeway in So Cal, then having someone actually robbing me with a gun. Can you just imagine rush hour in downtown LA and everybody having a gun in their car. - Insane

:rolleyes:

69Mach1
06-23-2006, 6:00 AM

That's what the anti CCW Democrats were saying in the other states as well. "It would be the wild west" they say. Guess what, they were wrong. By the way, there are already idiots shooting at people on our freeways.

Ford8N
06-23-2006, 6:04 AM
That's what the anti CCW Democrats were saying in the other states as well. "It would be the wild west" they say. Guess what, they were wrong. By the way, there are already idiots shooting at people on our freeways.

+1!!!!

That's why gun laws are a waste of time. Criminals ignore the law.

JPglee1
06-23-2006, 8:17 AM
Ive open carried in both NV and AZ, without a problem. Got stopped by a trooper once and he says "Is that a beretta?" to the gun on the dash, I said "Nah, russian makarov... kind of like a .380" he says, cool... have a nice day.

Hahahaha.

You can carry in most places in AZ, EXCEPT at the grand canyon, its a federal park or something and guns aren't allowed... I had mine in the car (what are you gonna do, leave it in a bush?) and was nervous as all get-out when the rangers checked our car... so now I know, DONT bring a gun to the grand canyon.

JP

P.s. You CAN open carry in Vegas but as the sheriff told me, you'll have old ladies and japanese tourists freaking out and you'll get arrested for disturbing the peace at a minimum...

SouthbySouthwest
06-23-2006, 8:57 AM

Why, is this the way you would respond? I don't believe so. So why are you different from the mass majority of people? You probably are not.

Bottomline is those people who are afraid of guns or just plain dislike guns will not have them in the first place. So that leaves the folks who are OK with them and the gang bangers. Well the gang bangers ALREADY carry! So what is left? People like you and I, gun owners that know how to properly hand guns.

So again, why would SOCAL be any different than Phoenix at rush hour?
How about I-95 on the east coast at rush hour? All of these run thru CCW states without any problems.

Bottomline is that people will do what they will do, regardless of having the right to legally carry or not.

WolfMansDad
06-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Can you just imagine rush hour in downtown LA and everybody having a gun in their car. - Insane

Yeah, I can imagine it. I think it would be very civilized. An armed citizenry does wonders to encourage good manners.

Firehawk3
06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

xenophobe
06-23-2006, 10:48 AM

What a nice way of saying you don't trust yourself...

50 Freak
06-23-2006, 11:11 AM

Having lived in the Road Rage S. Cal, I can see some validity in this statement. People down there are nuts. They will shoot you for cutting into their lane.

If we made open carry legal, I think there will be a slim "weeding out" of those that can't control their tempers. Then I believe it will come back to "an armed society is a polite society". Problem with S. Cal drivers is there is no "fear of retribution" in them.

They will threaten, run off the road, harrass even little old ladies. But that will change real quick if that same old lady maybe be packing a 44mag on the side of her hip.

newtothis
06-23-2006, 5:19 PM
Having lived in the Road Rage S. Cal, I can see some validity in this statement. People down there are nuts. They will shoot you for cutting into their lane.

If we made open carry legal, I think there will be a slim "weeding out" of those that can't control their tempers. Then I believe it will come back to "an armed society is a polite society". Problem with S. Cal drivers is there is no "fear of retribution" in them.

They will threaten, run off the road, harrass even little old ladies. But that will change real quick if that same old lady maybe be packing a 44mag on the side of her hip.

"slim" weeding out? I'd bet hundreds at least. I think there is lots of anger/bad tempers out there.