PDA

View Full Version : Place to install XS sights on a M1A?

ericlee748
07-07-2010, 7:22 AM
Hey guys,

I just moved to Palo Alto from out of state and I was hoping someone could recommend a place for me to take my M1A to have XS sights installed on it.

I haven't ordered the sights yet, so I'm happy to take my rifle to a shop that carries them in stock and get them there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric.

Sheepdog1968
07-07-2010, 5:20 PM
Frank Tabor at Tabor's in San Bruno does good reliable work. For something like this, he usually gets it done in under two weeks, if not the same week.

Sumo99
07-08-2010, 7:42 AM
I have to ask, but why would you want to change the sights? The XS sights give you a wide front blade and large ghost ring rear (similar to the socom). These sights will help for cqb type stuff but your long range shooting will suffer.

patriot_man
07-08-2010, 6:19 PM
I have to ask, but why would you want to change the sights? The XS sights give you a wide front blade and large ghost ring rear (similar to the socom). These sights will help for cqb type stuff but your long range shooting will suffer.

Maybe for home defense

ericlee748
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the tip! A friend of mine offered to help me with it so if we can't get them on, I'll look Frank up. Good to have a name of a reliable gunsmith just in case.

Good question about why I want to change the sights at all. I don't mind trading off some accuracy for faster sight acquisition. My intention is to use this rifle for tactical classes and 100 to may 250 yard range fun so I think a larger aperture and wider post will be better for me - not to mention my eyes are getting a touch old :).

Strictly speaking, I probably should have gotten the SOCOM, but I liked the look of the Scout with the longer 18in barrel more.

agental1934
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Frank Tabor at Tabor's in San Bruno does good reliable work. For something like this, he usually gets it done in under two weeks, if not the same week.

??????REALLY???????