View Full Version : AW storage question....

04-11-2006, 8:15 PM
This is for when these lowers get listed. Next year I am going to be sharing a house with two other guys, one has a STAG, the other is getting a lower soon. My question is: how should we store these? I remember a thread where someone said that if you store AWs in a safe, then nobody else can have the combo/key to that safe. The problem is, what if all 3 of us have AWs in the safe? Or should we all just invest in hardcases, and lock those up? Thanks for the info guys, and once all of ours are built, pics will be coming :D

04-11-2006, 9:50 PM
I think that is kind of what we are going to do. And as for the safe, there most likely will be minors in the house at some point (at the very least, my bro will probably spend some time out here). And after this summer, my local will really only be Merced, not good ole C-town.

04-11-2006, 10:31 PM
You are all authorized residents there (i.e., your DLs all have same addresses).

The AWs are thus all mutually allowed to be there without being locked (i.e., one guy won't be considered to 'possess' another guy's AW).

However if there are minors around they should be locked up - not just from a gun safety standpoint, but so no chance minor could be regarded as being associated w/the AWs.

Just don't borrow each others' AWs :( as that'd be a no-no.

04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
You are all authorized residents there (i.e., your DLs all have same addresses).

That would be the only problem I see, since I dont know how fast we would change our DLs over.

04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
isn't it funny that you can share wives but not AW (aka RIFLES) :rolleyes:

04-11-2006, 10:43 PM
How about this situation. My legal addy is Kern County(I vote there, I get my mail there, for all purposes that is my residence). But I'm living in Orange County for my business. My AW are kept with me at my OC residence. My GF and I live together. Can she know the combo to my safe? And is there going to be a problem with the way my addys are set up?

Maybe I should get my GF to get an off list AR?

04-12-2006, 2:17 AM
What about leaving the cable locks on them in the safe? Everyone just has their key.

glen avon
04-12-2006, 11:36 AM
safe deposit box