PDA

View Full Version : New Ruling from CA DOJ on Future AWs?

The Brit
04-11-2006, 4:59 PM
Just browsing the CA DOJ web site, and came across a PDF document published Feb 1, 2006. The URL is: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ar15notice.pdf.

On the first page, it states that the DOJ is updating the "Assault Weapons Identification Guide" and that once the new guide is published, folks will have 90-days to register those weapons that meet the criteria.

However, what I found disturbing was the following paragraph, which states (in bold type):

"Newly identified 'series' weapons cannot legally have the features listed in PC section 12276.1 when they are registered. Those features cannot legally be added after the firearms are registered as Assault Weapons."

The bulletin goes on to reiterate this statement later, and claims letters will be sent to new registrants advising them of this fact.

So, what does this mean for all of us who have recently bought 'off-list' lowers?

blacklisted
04-11-2006, 5:02 PM
I hate to say this, but do a search. This was discussed the day it was posted on their site, and has been brought up several times since.

shopkeep
04-11-2006, 5:03 PM
This is not new, this is old. This is just a memo from the DOJ stating their opinion on the new off-list recievers. There is no basis in California State Penal Codes for this opinion.

QuickOnTheDraw
04-11-2006, 5:07 PM
Maybe you can edit your title to say its an old ruling!

The Brit
04-12-2006, 9:09 AM
Okay, mea cupla. I did a quick visual search for a similiar topic, but must have missed it - sorry guys.

PanzerAce
04-12-2006, 9:40 AM
Okay, mea cupla. I did a quick visual search for a similiar topic, but must have missed it - sorry guys.

Yah, It seems that the reposts only come when the last thread has fallen off the page. Not your fault, just the way a forum works.

Dont Tread on Me
04-12-2006, 9:58 AM
Welcome to the board.

I thought us Brits were not permitted by Her Majesty's Government to have anything sharp let alone guns with pistol grips:)

xenophobe
04-12-2006, 10:31 AM
So, what does this mean for all of us who have recently bought 'off-list' lowers?

Absolutely nothing.

Welcome to the forum.

Please use the search function next time.

Bling Bling 2.0
04-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the board.

There plenty of us who scour the DOJ site every day waiting for them to screw up on something. Just as there are plenty at the DOJ who scour our board waiting for us to screw up on something.

It's the new cold war.

I think we all should get together and have a softball game

shango
04-12-2006, 4:56 PM
Maybe you can edit your title to say its an old ruling!

Remember, it's not a ruling, it's just a memo.

PIRATE14
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the board.

There plenty of us who scour the DOJ site every day waiting for them to screw up on something. Just as there are plenty at the DOJ who scour our board waiting for us to screw up on something.

It's the new cold war.

I think we all should get together and have a softball game

Did someone say COLD WAR........