PDA

View Full Version : My Lil' 8 Year Old Girl

ElkHunterSL
07-03-2010, 3:16 PM
We're out at my Inlaws this weekend in San Bernardino and my wife showed me her 4 BB guns she had when she was a kid. Didn't event know she owned any as anti-gun as she seems.

So I get them oiled up. Run up to Wal-Mart to pick up some BBs and such and then start plinking some cans in the backyard. My daughter was aprehensive at first but after seeing the fun I was having asked to try.

She didn't want the pistols, she wanted to try with the long guns. So I showed her how to aim and hold the BB rifle.

She squared up a tin can at about 5 yards. Aimed, squeezed and BAM! Direct Hit!

Proud Dad Here. =)

novabrian
07-03-2010, 3:57 PM
We're out at my Inlaws this weekend in San Bernardino and my wife showed me her 4 BB guns she had when she was a kid. Didn't event know she owned any as anti-gun as she seems.

So I get them oiled up. Run up to Wal-Mart to pick up some BBs and such and then start plinking some cans in the backyard. My daughter was aprehensive at first but after seeing the fun I was having asked to try.

She didn't want the pistols, she wanted to try with the long guns. So I showed her how to aim and hold the BB rifle.

She squared up a tin can at about 5 yards. Aimed, squeezed and BAM! Direct Hit!

Proud Dad Here. =)

I hope you have some money.It sounds like you are going to be buying a pink Cricket soon.

WDE91
07-03-2010, 4:36 PM
I would suggest the CZ scout in pink if thats her thing
its made much nicer than the typical childs rifle
and it can take regular 5 and 10 shot magazines
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-pink-scout/
or the regular scout
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-scout/

CSACANNONEER
07-03-2010, 4:43 PM
Smart girl for starting with long guns. They are much easier to learn to shoot properly and safer for the instructor and anyone else around. Your goal should be to get both mom and her out to a range and have some fun.

ElkHunterSL
07-03-2010, 5:10 PM
For the last 2 hours she's been shooting. She misses and I tell her "Focus, Aim and Steady" then Bam, Hit! Every summer we go camping with my dad for the week deep in the woods. I thin by next summer I may need to take all you advice and check out some of these "pink guns".