PDA

View Full Version : Vortex PST not mechanically accurate

problemchild
07-03-2010, 1:33 PM
Looks like some of the guys at the Hide are returning the scope. Bottom line is for every 10 mils up the scope drifts 1.2 mils left.

"Problem #1: The reticle is canted by roughly 1.2 degrees with respect to erector movement. It's not enough to be obvious to the eye, but it's enough to cause problems. This means for every 10 mils you click up, you need to click to the right two clicks in order to keep from dialing windage you didn't want. "

"Problem #2: The click value is about 3% off. 97 clicks moves 10 Mils, even by measure of its own reticle--which seems to be sized accurately (within 1%)--as well as the collimator. I know historically many scopes have perpetually been even farther off than that, and I know that even some pretty expensive tactical scopes still have a +/- 2% tolerance, but it's hard for me to be happy with a scope that is that far off. With the good ballistic programs we have these days it's easy to compensate for, but having to do so by such a large amount does not make me happy with a scope. Again, the cheaper 6.5-20 Viper measures within 1% so a PST with this large an error just isn't right."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=171509&Number=1894887#Post1894887

winxp_man
07-03-2010, 2:18 PM
there are only two guys on there that i know have has issues and Vortex is getting it fixed and getting a tighter QC on them. the person that posted this thread said that most people wouldnt even have noticed the canting of the retical. there are a few people that posted some real nice feedback about the scopes. the plus is the real super nice people over at Vortex told the person that there on the case and getting it fixed.

problemchild
07-03-2010, 6:09 PM
there are only two guys on there that i know have has issues and Vortex is getting it fixed and getting a tighter QC on them. the person that posted this thread said that most people wouldnt even have noticed the canting of the retical. there are a few people that posted some real nice feedback about the scopes. the plus is the real super nice people over at Vortex told the person that there on the case and getting it fixed.

They should post that in the thread as well. Hope they work out the issues. It seems like a nice scope but the price worries me. The reviewer also said the optics were not any better than his 400 dollar vortex.

winxp_man
07-05-2010, 11:23 AM
^^^ there is some good reviews on the optics thread i know of two that had good reviews.