PDA

View Full Version : Frerdom of Information from DOJ

1911 Rookie
04-10-2006, 9:53 AM
Hi,

I was curious if it would be possible for us to get any information from the DOJ about what they are saying internally on the off list issue. Excuse for not know it how it works, but I often see in the news that people acquire documents under the freedom of information laws. Can we use that to acquire any of the ongoing internal discussion? Seems like that would reduce some of the guess work we are all doing.

Thanks,
Jason

bwiese
04-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi,
I was curious if it would be possible for us to get any information from the DOJ about what they are saying internally on the off list issue. Excuse for not know it how it works, but I often see in the news that people acquire documents under the freedom of information laws. Can we use that to acquire any of the ongoing internal discussion? Seems like that would reduce some of the guess work we are all doing.

That's where Chuck Michel's law firm gets all their documents (calgunlaws.com) - via official PRAR (Public Records Access Request). But a lot of this work is likely verbal/conversational stuff not in emails or memos...

1911 Rookie
04-10-2006, 11:15 AM
A government agency that doens't have meetings (and minutes)??? It can't be :) I am sure they have generated some trail on this but I will leave it to our friendly lawyers. Might be that trying to get the request specific enough would be tough.