PDA

View Full Version : leupold cqt 1-3

sr503
07-02-2010, 8:55 AM
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-cqt-riflescopes/mark-4-1-3x14mm-cqt/
i can pick a new one up for a little less than $600 through my employer and was wondering if anyone has tried this sight on an ar type rifle, or had a review on it. thanks

mtenenhaus
07-04-2010, 12:31 PM
sounds like a fantastic price. I never shot with one but i have a chance to handle one recently. The glass was very nice and clear and it looked quite solid. The only criticism i felt was that it required you to really creap up into the scope to get a good visual...short eye relief, so probably best for less potent calibres. That said, the model i saw cost a whole lot more I bet it would be very nice for a ar-15 or sig 522.

mzimmers
07-04-2010, 2:01 PM
I have one on my 6.8 carbine. It's great...for its intended purpose, which is quick target acquisition in close-up antipersonnel encounters. Forget about it for target shooting; at 100 yards, the dot will cover up the entire black portion of a NRA five-spot target. Also, you'll be quite a bit above the barrel, so your aim point will vary quite a bit at ranges beyond 100 yards.

They're also built to last forever, so if you're less than gentle with your equipment, this might be a pretty good choice.