PDA

View Full Version : Photo Assistants?

V8toytruck
07-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Just wrapped up a shoot and thought I'd like to have some photo assistant contacts for large shoots within the CGN community. If you are familiar/experienced with the following.

- Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge
- High end studio lighting equipment (Broncolor/Profoto/Hensel)
- dSLRs
- Capture One Pro (Big plus)

Shoot me a PM with your day rate. I shoot fashion and swimwear. You must be professional and reliable.

If I need someone again I'll hire a CGer first. And please no UOC on the set!

30rdMag
07-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm in the east bay.
But I shoot Sony, A850 and A900 full frame 24.6mp, A bunch of glass..
And yes I use the list of programs.

V8toytruck
07-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Opps forgot to post my location

LA/OC area

winnre
07-04-2010, 9:11 AM
Here are some cute photo assistants...

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2010/6/29/16/the-cutest-camera-assistants-ever-26172-1277842008-30.jpg

Richie Caketown
07-06-2010, 1:09 AM
Can i drive up there just to watch? Like an internship ?

V8toytruck
07-08-2010, 12:11 AM
You're welcome to come up to watch, but I won't have time to explain anything to you. Are you getting into photography?

The Cable Guy
07-08-2010, 1:51 AM
Is this a part-time or one time gig? I'm a slight hobbyist with some semi-starter gear. Wouldn't mind doing some on the side stuff.

V8toytruck
07-08-2010, 6:20 PM
Is this a part-time or one time gig? I'm a slight hobbyist with some semi-starter gear. Wouldn't mind doing some on the side stuff.

On call gig..when I have shoots that require an extra person I'll call you a few days before

Richie Caketown
07-13-2010, 1:56 AM
You're welcome to come up to watch, but I won't have time to explain anything to you. Are you getting into photography?

ive been into it for a while ... its just i dont practive too often unless im shooting with someone else. I do bday partys and landscape mostly , but recently i have been doing photos for local bars and branching off into doing Live Bands ... im always curious to learn tho

gh916
07-14-2010, 2:59 AM
If you're ever up in my neck of the woods (Nor Cal) on assignment or bidding a job, & need an extra -- I'd be interested. I'm relatively young, but have many years of experience. I personally use Profotos & Travelites, but have been comfortable with everything else I've tried (Norman, Speedotron, White Lightning, etc). I attended Brooks Institute & was a TA for a Lighting Studio class for a year in Santa Barbara. I am also familiar with Quantum (flashes, batteries & slaves), everything Canon, & old-school Vivitar & Sunpacks. I grew up old-school, so I am fully competent & capable with filter systems & gels, manual meters, flash meters & good 'ol "sunny 16" if all else fails. I've assisted for photographers in Hawaii, Santa Barbara & shoot independently up in Nor Cal. I currently freelance & am always looking for extra ammo money in between contracts :)

My equipment experiences are diverse, & I have a very solid technical understanding. I own & shoot everything from 35mm to Large Format, B&W to E6, & DSLR. I have not worked with Capture One since one of the original versions, but am comfortable with Photoshop & Lightroom.

Having been an independent my whole working adult-life, I take professionalism, dependability & customer service very seriously.

If you're ever in need of an assistant, please contact me with job details. I love photography (shooting & assisting) as much as most CalGunners love their guns!

AJAX22
07-14-2010, 8:00 AM
If you make it to NYC for a shoot Ive got experiance with both nikon and cannon digital setups, as well as 35mm and medium format film. I've worked as a professional photographer before, and wouldn't mind assisting. Buy me a latte, And I'll do it just to build my resume. ;)

Sillyguy
07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
sent you a pm