PDA

View Full Version : hunting in the woods

Deltadude
07-01-2010, 9:35 AM
Ever wonder what crosses your mind if you ran into an illegal pot growing patch?

professionalcoyotehunter
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Grab some and run or light a match and stand down wind.:D

dk94044
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
don't step on the Mexican that is sleeping in the bushes.

Full Clip
07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
You'd better have enough gun, because the growers probably do.

Croweman08
07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
i like procoyote's idea

RobG
07-01-2010, 1:24 PM
Wheres the bong:p

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2010, 1:28 PM
I've found farms while surveying. Lucky for us, it was always between seasons. Whether hunting, hiking, surveying, prospecting, fishing or just wandering around, the last thing I want to come up on is an occupied farm. That's how "accidents" tend to happen and people end up missing.

Big Jake
07-01-2010, 1:55 PM
Grab some and run or light a match and stand down wind.:D

Smoke some but be sure not to inhale! :eek:

professionalcoyotehunter
07-01-2010, 2:01 PM
I am not a democrat.:D

Big Jake
07-01-2010, 2:07 PM
I am not a democrat.:D

Liar! I saw that gay pride sticker on your car PCH! :eek: :p

professionalcoyotehunter
07-01-2010, 2:08 PM
Repubs can be gay.:ack2:

Big Jake
07-01-2010, 2:19 PM
Repubs can be gay.:ack2:

Hater!:p

lewdogg21
07-01-2010, 2:37 PM
I've come across the tubing spread about and drying racks but never walked into an active patch. My inlaws may have walked into the belly of the beast last weekend but I won't know until I gather more info without freaking them out.

napahunter
07-01-2010, 2:50 PM
We find them on my hunting partners ranch all the time. We run them off and take all their supplies, and call the sheriff. Mostly Mexicans with no weapons, just knifes. I have a bunch of 5 gal propane tanks from all our evictions. Oh ya yesterday the sheriff found a garden up by the lake, one resisted....One dead grower!

bigboarstopper
07-01-2010, 4:58 PM
Ive come across 3 over the years. First one I took the whole damn pach. Looked like a giant weed tarp burrito. The last two I just ignored. Im too old for that crap. I was busy chasing hounds.

BigJB
07-01-2010, 5:33 PM
Ive found two, both in norcal near Georgetown. One I almost had a shootout with a white dude packing a big-ol .44 . Second one had a recent trash pile, frijole cans, tortilla bags, basic Mex-farm stuff.

r3dn3ck
07-02-2010, 7:18 AM
plenty of times. that's the reason I carry a side arm and a little tube of round-up when I deer hunt. Where I hunt for deer if I find one it means they've also diverted/destroyed a stream or tapped a spring and that's wrecking my forest. All the water holes are drying up and animals are moving towards the river which is all private land but I digress. I destroy pumps and pots, take all the branches of the plants if they're in bud, round-up em' if they're pre-bud and then I wreck their little fort. Get GPS coords and call the county mounties when I get back to cell signal.

I've come across sites as fresh as having a camp fire going but they seem to beat feet the hell out of Dodge when they see a guy in military camo coming their direction with a magazine fed rifle. I've not yet encountered any that wanted to find out if I was a closet serial killer bad enough to stick around. Probably a good thing. I'd hate to have to be a closet serial killer.

EDIT: Note that I have NOTHING against pot... quite the opposite. I'm a fan! That said, there's a time and a place to grow and it's not on public land.

tacster
07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=r3dn3ck;4553074]plenty of times. that's the reason I carry a side arm and a little tube of round-up when I deer hunt. Where I hunt for deer if I find one it means they've also diverted/destroyed a stream or tapped a spring and that's wrecking my forest.

the round up is definitely not helping "your forest" or the deer you hunt

Hunt
07-02-2010, 3:48 PM
I've come across the tubing spread about and drying racks but never walked into an active patch. My inlaws may have walked into the belly of the beast last weekend but I won't know until I gather more info without freaking them out.

be very careful some of these guys still think they are in the Phoenix Program from 'nam. Seriously, I would check it out well before venturing in.

Hunt
07-02-2010, 3:51 PM
We find them on my hunting partners ranch all the time. We run them off and take all their supplies, and call the sheriff. Mostly Mexicans with no weapons, just knifes. I have a bunch of 5 gal propane tanks from all our evictions. Oh ya yesterday the sheriff found a garden up by the lake, one resisted....One dead grower!

so the sheriff murdered an unarmed mexican, I guess thats OK cause he was an illegal person.

pieeater
07-02-2010, 4:22 PM
He had a gun and refused to drop it and his partner was a parolee.

so the sheriff murdered an unarmed mexican, I guess thats OK cause he was an illegal person.

tankerman
07-02-2010, 8:48 PM
so the sheriff murdered an unarmed mexican, I guess thats OK cause he was an illegal person.Where did it say he was unarmed? Sympathizer.

Sionadi
07-02-2010, 9:06 PM
Ive stumbled into 3 pot gardens on my property while hunting in the past 12 years. Just sneak out and go back to camp immediately and either go in and raid it yourself with a bunch of friends or call DEA and wait 2 years for them to finally come and raid it.

mzimmers
07-04-2010, 1:39 PM
You'd better have enough gun, because the growers probably do.

This. I've heard stories from LEOs of various agencies, who talked about adventures like being shot at from the ground when they were in helicopters. If the growers are willing to take potshots at someone in uniform, I don't imagine they'd have too much trouble with the idea of taking out a civilian who stumbled into their farm.