PDA

View Full Version : explain to me please, legality of new recievers

douglasmorris99
04-08-2006, 9:16 AM
doesnt making it into a full blown AR. an assult weapon?
could you not get yourself arrested at the range for having an assult weapon?
or are we buying these to lock in the safe and drool over?
I am considering buying one sunday am. but, If I have catf coming to my door in 6 months telling me to hand it over. where do we win..
sorry stupid Texas here, and not getting it.

RRangel
04-08-2006, 9:18 AM
You need to read the AR/AK FAQ above.

http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

harley66
04-08-2006, 4:59 PM
where have you been??? this issue has been beat to death

TheMan
04-08-2006, 5:31 PM
doesnt making it into a full blown AR. an assult weapon?
could you not get yourself arrested at the range for having an assult weapon?
or are we buying these to lock in the safe and drool over?
I am considering buying one sunday am. but, If I have catf coming to my door in 6 months telling me to hand it over. where do we win..
sorry stupid Texas here, and not getting it.

It is utterly totally 100% illegal.... for you. If you can't be bothered to read the FAQ posted at the top, don't even think about getting one of these. The rest of us who have read the FAQ are ok with getting them and complying with the law

Snuffalofogus
04-08-2006, 5:58 PM
It is utterly totally 100% illegal.... for you. If you can't be bothered to read the FAQ posted at the top, don't even think about getting one of these. The rest of us who have read the FAQ are ok with getting them and complying with the law

Couldnt agree more.

robspmc
04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
ok, the first post would have been enough. No reason to bust the guys balls. At some point we were all newbies asking the "stupid" questions. Think about when you first heard about the ar lower current situation. I had a ton of questions and thought it was nothing more than a rumor/prank. When I finally got the low down (after a lot of research) I was like a kid in a candy store. The guy made a mistake, his eagerness made him ask questions before he did any research. Let's keep this positive and support other gun right supporters.

Remember, vote ever election and often!

Charliegone
04-09-2006, 1:55 PM
ok, the first post would have been enough. No reason to bust the guys balls. At some point we were all newbies asking the "stupid" questions. Think about when you first heard about the ar lower current situation. I had a ton of questions and thought it was nothing more than a rumor/prank. When I finally got the low down (after a lot of research) I was like a kid in a candy store. The guy made a mistake, his eagerness made him ask questions before he did any research. Let's keep this positive and support other gun right supporters.

True...but still the thing is bright red on the top of the forum...maybe we need bigger letters like this size

AR/AK:D

GW
04-09-2006, 3:18 PM

+1
And Doug, build the AR receiver with a fixed (non-detachable)10 round magazine and then you can add all the other features you want

kenc9
04-09-2006, 5:15 PM
Seems to me we should be encouraging new guys rather than making the guy feel stupid! Not exactly the way to get new members to the forum and join our AR15 club everyone.

Read the FAQ at the top and read some posts here, it takes some time to figure it all out but don't wait to long because the legal door may close soon. Just pick up a lower and sit on it untill later if you need to. There are plenty of places to buy one for around 145.00 or less.
Don't fall for the 200.00-300.00 ones unless you have to!

Welcome to the Forum.

-ken