04-08-2006, 2:08 AM
DELETEDELETEDELETE

JHC
04-08-2006, 6:13 AM
Here's mine, I field strip to load

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=614&d=1142431211

csarel
04-08-2006, 6:24 AM
Do you thread the other side and then loc-tite it, or is there a nut on the other side? (and still loc-tite it:rolleyes: )

Benellishooter
04-08-2006, 6:41 AM
JHC, if your safety selector could hold the bolt back, could you load it through the ejection port?

JHC
04-08-2006, 1:15 PM
Do you thread the other side and then loc-tite it, or is there a nut on the other side? (and still loc-tite it:rolleyes: )

I drilled the hole, tapped it, and loctited it in. The bolt is only 1/4 in long so it doesn't go through the other side ( it's just a spare bolt from my rc helicopter I had laying around.)

JHC
04-08-2006, 1:17 PM
JHC, if your safety selector could hold the bolt back, could you load it through the ejection port?

Yes you could go that route or use a cartridge jambed in sideways to hold the bolt back, I've tried to load through the port and found it easier to just field strip and load but then again I do have dumb fingers.

EBWhite
04-08-2006, 1:28 PM
IMO- having to strip the AK to load is a waste. Your better off with an sks...i would recommend no evils and detach mag

JHC
04-08-2006, 1:59 PM
I will partly agree with you, while having to strip to load is a pain there's still something great feeling about holding that pistol grip while firing, I've tried mine both ways and currently I'm gripless and running my preban mag which makes more sense when bumpfiring since you dont use the grip anyway. Either way a "Cal"ashnikov is cooler than an Sks any day.

Beatone
04-08-2006, 2:23 PM
What is the best way to pin an AK magazine. Any pictures.
Here you go. With pictures. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=28872

grammaton76
04-08-2006, 2:57 PM
My question is, does anyone have a pinning method that doesn't involve drilling holes or otherwise performing any non-reversible acts upon the AK?

I'm planning on going gripless, but if there were a pinning system that didn't require any holes or cuts or whatnot (i.e. can be restored to original appearance post-reg), I'd consider it...

mblat
04-08-2006, 3:24 PM
My question is, does anyone have a pinning method that doesn't involve drilling holes or otherwise performing any non-reversible acts upon the AK?

I'm planning on going gripless, but if there were a pinning system that didn't require any holes or cuts or whatnot (i.e. can be restored to original appearance post-reg), I'd consider it...

Me too.... I got myself a VEPR.... Grip and stok are one on this rifle.... Iwould hate to cut off grip and then order other stock from RA for $80! I would also hate to drill holes into brand new receiver....:mad:

So anybody come up with the way to pin mag without drilling holes I would like to see it....

olegk
04-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Here is my 2 cents
Images of pinned mag.
Drill bit and tap screw from HomeDepot

rkt88edmo
04-09-2006, 4:05 PM
I haven't done an AK build but...

It looks like if you did a screw build on the trigger guard I am sure you could fashion a stopping block out of plastic or aluminum which would keep the mag release locked. You would have to attach the trigger guard with the mag in place and it would be completely reversible. Even more secure would be to also remove the mag release spring and replace it with such a block, you would have to replace the pin that holds the spring in though.

grammaton76
04-09-2006, 6:03 PM
It looks like if you did a screw build on the trigger guard I am sure you could fashion a stopping block out of plastic or aluminum which would keep the mag release locked. You would have to attach the trigger guard with the mag in place and it would be completely reversible.

That's something I've had in mind myself, but I'm in your same boat (haven't built one yet).

I was kinda hoping someone had tried a reversible pinning method already, but I'm willing to try and pioneer it if no one else has pre-existing input...

Rumpled
04-09-2006, 6:33 PM
Again, I haven't built yet either.
But, I think if you did a screw thru the trigger guard method on a screw kit build; you could reverse it completely with a new trigger guard.
I think I'm going to try Tyler's method and then just reverse it by taking the screw out. Very little apparent damage/change. Even on a rivet build, you'd hardly notice.