PDA

View Full Version : M14 stock question

StuckInCA
04-07-2006, 9:18 PM
Buddy of mine has a M14 and is looking to get a new stock for it, perferably one like he hason his mini-14(hogue rubber).

I've googled and can't find anyplace that sells M14 stocks of any kind.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Andy

Gunsrruss
04-07-2006, 9:24 PM
Try FultonArmory .com Have your credit card ready. He should sell his mini-14 and buy a tactical stock from Fulton

lisky420
04-07-2006, 9:48 PM
Fulton also sales SAGE Stocks but the CA Legal one looks really tacky (IMHO). I have never seen a (hogue rubber stock)for a M14/M1A. Good luck in your search!

metalhead357
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Dont know about where to find a Hogue style but the two best places IMO have got to be either

FRED's STOCKS......all usgi and in various grades, wood and fiberglasss

MCMILLAN

adamsreeftank
04-08-2006, 3:29 AM
I agree Freds is the best for USGI stocks. You could always get a GI fiberglass stock, paint it black and then spray it with rubber cement to get the "Hogue" feel. (Not that I would consider doing that)

If money is not a problem, check out McMillan. They have a few different options, but they need to be bedded.

My favorite is the plain old GI fiberlass stock, with Wood being a close second.

lisky420
04-08-2006, 4:48 AM
If your friend wants to be creative have him buy a fiberglass GI stock and shoot some automotive rubberized undercoating on it.
I cant believe i just said that.

StuckInCA
04-08-2006, 5:14 PM
I just took a look at it, and it has a light brown plastic style stock on it. He says its fiberglass, and it may be. Just seems to "thin" and plastic like.

His main concern is abuse, and wants something a lil durable for shooting trips. Layin the rifle in the back of the truck, he doesnt want to run a chance of the stock he has on it now to chip.

Thanks guys!

-Andy