PDA

View Full Version : CalGuns Gun Show Booth Costa Mesa ,Aug.28 & 29 2010

bplvr
06-29-2010, 3:09 PM
Costa Mesa Gun Show..................ONE 8ft. table
Date: August 28 & 29..............................................Bo oth is FULLY staffed
Time: Saturday 9-5, / Sunday 9-4
Venue info : http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com ........For the "Calendar Challenged," the next CM show is Nov 27&28.

Regional GS coordinator : mrlonewolf

Regional Booth Babe Recruiter : andrewmendez.... {the most interesting man in the world}

** Volunteer Crew ** 4 per shift

Event Coordinator : Rekrab

Saturday am 8-1 :Rekrab {N-XL}/Sajedene { N - Sml }/ andrewmendez {Y}/ WhatsTCP {N- Med }.....FILLED
Saturday pm 1-5 : Rekrab{N-XL}/Sajadene { N - Sml }/ andrewmendez {Y} / retired {Y } ..............FILLED

Sunday am 8-1 :Rekrab{N-XL}/WhatsTCP {N-Med}/ mrlonewolf {Y}/ .Exposed {Y}..... FILLED
Sunday pm 1-4 : Rekrab{N-XL}/Pennys Dad {Y}../mrlonewolf {Y}/.Exposed {Y} .....Filled

Alternates : Lyte : Sat am {Y} ...Dark Paladin: Sat am or Sunday am {Y}
Sunday : mrlonewolf am/pm {Y}

If you want to volunteer for the booth reply with :
Which DAY you want.......

What SHIFT you want.....

Do you have a Blue CalGuns Polo : Yes / No

If you don't have a Blue CGN Polo, tell us what size you will need .
as they will now be available at the booth for the volunteers for $20.00
{volunteers get in the show courtesy of CalGuns }

Your personalized business cards are available at: www.tinyurl.com/calgun

This thread was started on McDonald +1

mrlonewolf
06-29-2010, 4:29 PM
Let's spread the word in the post-McDonald environment.

Come on fellows don't be shy and join us in this great effort for the cause.......:thumbsup:

Lyte-
06-29-2010, 5:02 PM
if you get down to the wire and need people sign me up, other wise I will allow new people a chance.

I prefer morning saturdays

Dark Paladin
06-29-2010, 5:52 PM
Is our Babe Recruiter on probabtion for failing to deliver during the last show? :D

I'll jump in for Saturday or Sunday morning if we're short on people.

Polo, Y. CGN Cards, Y.

mrlonewolf
06-29-2010, 8:24 PM
Is our Babe Recruiter on probabtion for failing to deliver during the last show? :D

Yes.......:rofl:

I'll jump in for Saturday or Sunday morning if we're short on people.

Polo, Y. CGN Cards, Y.

Thank you.

Lyte-
06-29-2010, 11:02 PM
sorry I just threw up in my mouth a little there...

Lyte-
07-03-2010, 2:57 PM
no one has signed up yet?

WhatsTCP
07-03-2010, 4:34 PM
I'm in, just a young n00b but I'm in, count me in for saturday and sunday, morning shifts, and I don't have a polo. Hopefully I'll get paired up with somebody who knows their stuff to walk me through

Lyte-
07-03-2010, 4:42 PM
Link for the Polo

http://www.gunsr4.us/image/polos.jpg

FastFinger
07-03-2010, 8:27 PM
I don't have a polo.

I think PennysDad has a few of the new ones still. If not I have a couple, pm me.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6786/poloshirt.jpg

Lyte-
07-03-2010, 8:57 PM
Oh since we have the option of wearing different calguns polo's now can I wear one of the new female cut ones vin sent me?

FastFinger
07-03-2010, 9:52 PM
Oh since we have the option of wearing different calguns polo's now can I wear one of the new female cut ones vin sent me?

:useless:

AndrewMendez
07-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Put me down for Saturday. If I can make a suggestion, at the last event we had a couple guys, and they where all wearing different color polo's. I personally think that the blue CalGuns Polo's Vic sells are the best for the show. They stand out, they are uniform, and they just look damn good, plus they go great with Blue Jeans!!

bplvr
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
The Blue Polos are the standard for the gun shows. It makes for a more professional ,uniform appearance and sets the volunteers apart from the general public . The striped Polos were for Rahhages[sp] and other non-gun show events. That said ....If there is one of those blue striped Polos in X-Lrg left I'll take one please,in case we do an non-gun show in SD.

Lyte-
07-04-2010, 7:44 AM
:useless:

haha fine I'll post pictures of the new womens polos when I go back to my house in the OC, down in SD now.

Chuck0matic
07-04-2010, 5:20 PM
The Blue Polos are the standard for the gun shows. It makes for a more professional ,uniform appearance and sets the volunteers apart from the general public . The striped Polos were for Rahhages[sp] and other non-gun show events. That said ....If there is one of those blue striped Polos in X-Lrg left I'll take one please,in case we do an non-gun show in SD.

Put me down for Saturday. If I can make a suggestion, at the last event we had a couple guys, and they where all wearing different color polo's. I personally think that the blue CalGuns Polo's Vic sells are the best for the show. They stand out, they are uniform, and they just look damn good, plus they go great with Blue Jeans!!

I personally like the Blue Polo's better then the other Polo's! Don't get me wrong, the stripped Polo's look nice, but the Dark Blue polo shirts with the white CGN writing look clean and professional!

retired
07-06-2010, 1:44 PM
I will work Sat. 1-5 and I have a blue polo.

bplvr
07-06-2010, 2:16 PM
I will work Sat. 1-5 and I have a blue polo.

I put you in for Sat. pm. Your chair is next to your buddy 'Lil Andrew.

retired
07-06-2010, 2:48 PM

Saying, "'Lil Andrew" is being redundant isn't it; after all, there is no "Big Andrew," so Andrew is sufficient.:D

AndrewMendez
07-06-2010, 9:16 PM

Saying, "'Lil Andrew" is being redundant isn't it; after all, there is no "Big Andrew," so Andrew is sufficient.:D

Is it too close to the show to cancel??? I don't know who you take me for with your jokes...but anyone who knows me, knows I am strictly business! I never even crack a smile! Kinda like the Dos Equis Most interesting man in the world :cool:

bplvr
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Is it too close to the show to cancel??? I don't know who you take me for with your jokes...but anyone who knows me, knows I am strictly business! I never even crack a smile! Kinda like the Dos Equis Most interesting man in the world :cool:

I somehow find it difficult to believe that "the Most Interesting Man in the World" would be 'kinda' dating a 7ft. woman dressed up like a parrot . :eek:

However we did locate a picture of you and your date to your Junior Prom.....

retired
07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
I somehow find it difficult to believe that "the Most Interesting Man in the World" would be 'kinda' dating a 7ft. woman dressed up like a parrot . :eek:

However we did locate a picture of you and your date to your Junior Prom.....

:rofl::rofl:

AndrewMendez
07-06-2010, 11:30 PM
That picture was for educational purposes only!!!!! At least she is on a damn leash!

Retired, are you rolling on the floor laughing...or did you drop your cane again?

Lyte-
07-07-2010, 8:32 AM
I did think the leash and collar was a nice touch

CandRTom
07-07-2010, 8:34 AM
Would've liked to help out, but I'm not going to be in town that weekend. I'll definitely look for another chance to volunteer soon, Rahaauges was a lot of fun.

retired
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
That picture was for educational purposes only!!!!! At least she is on a damn leash!

Retired, are you rolling on the floor laughing...or did you drop your cane again?

Both. I dropped the cane because I am laughing so hard.:D

Sajedene
07-07-2010, 9:14 PM
I should be able to drive out for this. I don't have a shirt :x

mrlonewolf
07-07-2010, 9:27 PM
I should be able to drive out for this. I don't have a shirt :x

Not a problem.

If you don't have one tell us what size you will need .
as they will now be available at the booth for the volunteers for $20.00

Please indicate what day and shift would you like.

Thank you.......:D

Rekrab
07-12-2010, 1:07 PM
I'm in, put me down for Saturday. I can work it all day or as needed. I do have a polo.

Can'thavenuthingood
07-12-2010, 5:59 PM
I'm in, just a young n00b but I'm in, count me in for saturday and sunday, morning shifts, and I don't have a polo. Hopefully I'll get paired up with somebody who knows their stuff to walk me through

I have polo's in stock:)

Sajadene I'm out of the extra small for now but ought to have them in well before showtime. Takes about 10 days.

Vick

mrlonewolf
07-12-2010, 7:05 PM
I have polo's in stock:)

Sajadene I'm out of the extra small for now but ought to have them in well before showtime. Takes about 10 days.

Vick

Thanks for the info Vick........:thumbsup:

Sajedene
07-12-2010, 9:33 PM
This will be my first booth event - I am available Saturday and see that it's pretty full. Can I just assist and see what the whole thing entails? I learn quick though and will not get in the way.

bplvr
07-18-2010, 7:05 PM
Retired is gonna love this. ;) :D :eek: And from me , " no comment ".

theoutcast32
07-19-2010, 6:28 PM
I'll work Saturday morning and if needed, Saturday afternoon. I'm a noob and never been to a gun show before but never too late to start! :). I dont have a shirt. I think I'll need a 2x depending on how big the 2x is for the brand a shirt you're using.

bplvr
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Before I can add any more people ,we need to get a Coordinator . If anyone can change to Sunday I would be a big help.
It is just not physically possible to get more than 4 people behind
an 8ft table ,comfortably.

Rekrab
07-28-2010, 1:19 PM
I have no problem coordinating if needed. I've never done the gunshow, so I'll probably need to talk to one of our experienced members to check if there's anything besides counting the money and taking back our stuff that I'll need to do.

bplvr
07-28-2010, 2:22 PM
I have no problem coordinating if needed. I've never done the gunshow, so I'll probably need to talk to one of our experienced members to check if there's anything besides counting the money and taking back our stuff that I'll need to do.

A coordinator is in charge of the booth ,and thus, must be there for ALL shifts to help the other volunteers and see that the booth is a smooth running and professional enterprise.

mrlonewolf
07-28-2010, 9:00 PM

Thank you sir.

Can you please PM me.

Exposed
07-29-2010, 1:18 PM
Wow! I have been slacking off. You know I'm always in if you need me. Just let me know. Either day any time slot, I just need to know a couple weeks ahead of time. Keep me posted.

Rockabirdie
08-01-2010, 9:01 PM
I am a noob. I would love to volunteer. I live right near the fairgrounds. I am open anytime you need, if you still need people. Please pm me. I do not have a shirt.

bambam8d1
08-01-2010, 9:38 PM

maybe not the most interesting man in the world... but definately a grumpy guy;)

Rekrab
08-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Thank you sir.

Can you please PM me.

I figure you were busy with the BP, but you've got a PM dude. Let me know what's up. :)

SA227driver
08-02-2010, 9:44 AM
I am a noob as well and would be happy to volunteer on the Saturday of the show. Please PM me. I do not have a polo (XL).

retired
08-02-2010, 9:53 AM
maybe not the most interesting man in the world... but definately a grumpy guy;)

There is no maybe, it has been established by scientific testing.:D

Rekrab
08-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Spoke with MrLoneWolf today, I'm in for coordinator.

bplvr
08-03-2010, 4:40 PM
Ok,and THANK YOU ! I put you in as the Coordinator.
we need 3 more slots filled on Sunday and this show is in the book. :cool:

mrlonewolf
08-04-2010, 3:26 PM
We still have room for volunteers.

Please join us in this effort, let's spread the word.

stitchnicklas
08-06-2010, 12:36 AM
will there be any gun case tags or stickers available to purchase from the booth??

AndrewMendez
08-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh my goodness, I forgot about this. I knew I had something that weekend! I posted this on the Calguns facebook page, we should get the last person filled within a few hours.

Exposed
08-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Why has no one pm'd me? If you need help, you guys know I'm always in.

AndrewMendez
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Why has no one pm'd me? If you need help, you guys know I'm always in.

I just saw I am now not only the booth babe recruiter, but I am the most interesting man in the world too.

David, I am trying to say this in a non hurtful manner......we......I mean......the calguns community.....uh....I mean....just Jacob and BPLVR decided you where not cool enough to come out with us. Sorry man!

Exposed
08-12-2010, 11:46 PM
But my un-coolness will make you all seem that much cooler. :)

bplvr
08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow! I have been slacking off. You know I'm always in if you need me. Just let me know. Either day any time slot, I just need to know a couple weeks ahead of time. Keep me posted.

Exposed,

You are in for Sunday ...ALL DAY . I would have put you in for Saturday, but I figured that having "the most interesting man in the world" and "the most un-cool man in the world" could cause a bit of consternation and disruption to the overall ambiance at the CGN table.
. Andrews chair will be next to 'retired's'. Andrew's will be the one with the phone books on it.

retired
08-13-2010, 5:08 PM
:rofl2:

Rekrab
08-13-2010, 5:14 PM
Hey guys, I'll be sending out a PM to everyone later this night so I can give you my contact information. Also, start thinking of any fun toys you might want to bring along. I'd like to coordinate so that we don't have 10 AR-15s on the table. Let's get a fun mix of stuff. Exotics are always good too. Please keep an eye out for PM tonight.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Exposed
08-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Exposed,

You are in for Sunday ...ALL DAY . I would have put you in for Saturday, but I figured that having "the most interesting man in the world" and "the most un-cool man in the world" could cause a bit of consternation and disruption to the overall ambiance at the CGN table.
. Andrews chair will be next to 'retired's'. Andrew's will be the one with the phone books on it.

Sounds good. Please make sure our list of names are with the guy at the gate who checks in guns. I think his name is Mike? Last 2 times I did the booth only a few of our names were on the list and they wouldn't let me in for a while. Also, let me know what toys you want me to take? I figure my AR pistol is always an attention getter.

-David

Rekrab
08-15-2010, 12:22 AM
I think the AR pistol is a great idea. So far we've got a Garand, Lr-308 and a mosin. I shot out a PM about the show. If anyone didn't receive it please let me know!

retired
08-15-2010, 2:17 PM
I'm the one bringing the Garand (1945 issue in great shape).

AndrewMendez
08-16-2010, 2:12 PM
I can bring my 20" AR, my AK's wont be together til the Build Party in October. :(

Rekrab
08-16-2010, 2:47 PM
Man, I'm getting all excited about this. First gun show booth as coordinator!

Make sure you get my phone number and call if you have any questions. It's already been sent out in a PM to everyone currently on the list.

Can'thavenuthingood
08-17-2010, 5:13 PM
recrab,
I'm setting up the shipment for polo's to you, I need your address.
Just spoke with bplvr and I added your polo to the mix since all Volunteers need a polo.

Vick

Rekrab
08-17-2010, 5:22 PM
Vick,

Just shot you a PM with my address and telephone number. Thanks!

stitchnicklas
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
any swag going to be for sell there?? stickers?gun tags?

mrlonewolf
08-19-2010, 2:53 PM
any swag going to be for sell there?? stickers?gun tags?

Yes.

We'll have stickers and gun case tags, please feel free to visit the booth, shake a friendly hand and donate for the cause...................... :thumbsup:

WhatsTCP
08-23-2010, 8:42 AM
that mosin better have a sling and bayonet attached :p

Rekrab
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
It certainly will!

absc280
08-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Any discounts for the show??

DannyInSoCal
08-26-2010, 4:25 PM
I just signed up today and will be at the show on Sunday. Not interested in working the booth since its probably too far from the beer and cigar areas...

Thanx, D

bplvr
08-26-2010, 4:42 PM
I just signed up today and will be at the show on Sunday. Not interested in working the booth since its probably too far from the beer and cigar areas...

Thanx, D

If you go back to the OP you will notice that you must sign up to be at the booth. This booth has been filled for the last 2 weeks.

AndrewMendez
08-28-2010, 1:15 AM

Thanx, D

If you go back to the OP you will notice that you must sign up to be at the booth. This booth has been filled for the last 2 weeks.

I think he was referring to signing up for CGN.

See everyone at the booth in a few hours! ;)

AndrewMendez
08-28-2010, 1:44 AM
Hey, real quick. I have a soccer game at the Home Depot center in Carson at 7 pm today (Saturday) after my shift, and I have an extra ticket as the misses no longer wants to go. Anyone want to go with me? The ticket is yours for free. First person to call dibs is coming with! (offer also extended on my facebook page). Its about 30 minutes from Costa Mesa.

AndrewMendez
08-28-2010, 2:04 AM
Hey, real quick. I have a soccer game at the Home Depot center in Carson at 7 pm today (Saturday) after my shift, and I have an extra ticket as the misses no longer wants to go. Anyone want to go with me? The ticket is yours for free. First person to call dibs is coming with! (offer also extended on my facebook page). Its about 30 minutes from Costa Mesa.

Am I allowed to quote myself??? Alright, disregard, someone called dibs!!! Teach you guys to sleep!!!!!

AndrewMendez
08-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Rekrab, nice work. Now go to sleep!!! After you check out this thread of course: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=336777

comblock
08-29-2010, 1:39 PM
It was nice meeting some of you today(im not good at rememberig names). Hopefully i can volunteer for the next show, although my PR skills and legal gun knowledge is not as good.as.some of you guys.

Rekrab
08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank you everyone for dropping by the booth. It was fun meeting some current CalGunners and putting faces to screen names.

The ATF folks next to us were pretty fun to chat with, after a couple hours they started sending people over to us. We swapped some Sac PD letters and flowcharts with them for some HUGE federal and state guideline books they were giving out. I think they were a little leery at first but really warmed up after an hour or two and seeing us do our thing.

This weekend was also a huge success in terms of money raised. We set a pretty high bar on Saturday but the amount donated was almost doubled on Sunday. We sold lots of the new gun case tags as well. I made sure to purchase three of them myself for all my range bags. They're really handy.

We also had a thankfully low number of people coming up to us and asking us about committing felonies or admitting to felonies. We made sure to give out some numbers for CGF lawyers to make sure they got the help they needed. We even had a chance to help a gun owner that had his handgun taken away illegally. Very cool experience getting to help people and keep them from getting into trouble by making things legal.

I'd also like to thank all our volunteers. Mrlonewolf was there with me all weekend and was a HUGE help in making sure my first show as coordinator went off smoothly. It was really cool meeting WhatsTCP, bplvr, and Sajedene. Our first timers did a great job at engaging the folks who came up and did a great job of answering questions and getting people interested in our cause and opening their wallets to contribute. Our veteran members, like Retired, bplvr, Andrewmendez, Exposed, and mrlonewolf all were great to have there and they made sure everyone was taken care of. Great job everyone. Sajedene, I hope you're feeling better!

If you're interested in helping out but you're shy, new to guns, or just busy I would advise you to do whatever you can to volunteer. Knowledge comes from experience, working the CalGuns booth guarantees you'll learn something. It's a really nice life experience that will improve your perspective on guns and gun owners.

One thing I will say is that it seems like a lot of people walking by think that we're a gun shop. By the second day I almost immediately started mentioning that we don't sell guns. All the guns on our table certainly helped bring people in, but I think some folks would dismiss us immediately when we started talking because they thought it was a sales pitch. We should look into a creative solution to this problem. Apart from a giant red, flashing, neon sign that says "WE'RE NOT A GUN SHOP" I'm at a loss for ideas.

Something that really impressed me while I was walking around the show wearing my CGN polo was all the folks saying nice things about CGN and thanking me for the work our community does. It was a very humbling experience. Remember, if you don one of our shirts or polos, people notice. We want to keep that image positive, so it's important for us all to remain polite, respectful, and positive whenever we fly the CGN name.

junko p
08-30-2010, 9:25 PM
I am an official forums slacker. I havent been on the forums much cause work has been pretty crazy. My buddy invited me to the show saturday night (to go on sunday) so I don my calguns shirt like I do when i go to the range or to gun shows. Low and behold there we are and I'm not volunteering but I am wearing my shirt. So to make up for it, I will be at our booth in Ontario in october. Gotta see if i can put together a new gun before then!