PDA

View Full Version : Delaware is in play! Shall Issue vote nxt wk

Paladin
04-07-2006, 6:03 PM
A vote is coming up next week in Delaware for a Shall Issue bill. Pass this info onto to any family or friends you have in DE and to other forums.

Let's help make DE the third state to go Shall Issue this year, after KS and NE. As I've said before, the sooner the other, "easier" states pass Shall Issue, the sooner resources can be brought to bear on Kali.

This, from the NRA-ILA website ( http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegisla...aspx?ID=2120-L ):

Action Needed For Right-to-Carry in Delaware!

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Delaware House of Representatives may be voting as early as Tuesday on HB 359 sponsored by Representative Deborah Hudson (R-12), the NRA-backed “shall-issue” Right-to-Carry bill.

This bill would allow law-abiding citizens that fulfilled the requirements for a concealed weapons permit to be granted a permit without discrimination.

Your State Representative needs to hear from you! Please take the time to call or email your State Representative and respectfully urge them to support HB 359 when it comes before them for consideration.

Please make the call and write the email today! The future of Right-to-Carry in Delaware depends on it!

linuxgunner
04-07-2006, 7:06 PM
The Delaware situation is funny because they honor out-of-state non-res permits from shall-issue states. In other words, I, as a Californian, can get my shall-issue non-res Florida permit and carry in Delaware, but Delaware residents themselves don't have a shall-issue process!

It seems to me that this is so logically inconsistent that shall-issue will pass there.

Anyway, good luck to them. Every state that goes shall-issue makes it that much harder to argue against it. "Well, there's going to be blood in the streets, I tell you! Our state is nothing like all the other 40 shall-issue states! We're psychos here!"

shopkeep
04-07-2006, 9:48 PM
As sad as it seems even if all 49 other states were Shall Issue I can still see the Californian communists holding out.

linuxgunner
04-07-2006, 9:54 PM
As sad as it seems even if all 49 other states were Shall Issue I can still see the Californian communists holding out.

No way. We'll have shall-issue before NJ and HI have it.

It could change even here. Large regions of CA are already shall-issue.

If Sheriff Baca gets replaced, that could bring 10mil Californians into a "not quite shall-issue" situation, and the rest of the state will follow sooner or later.

NJ and HI and IL are far from that possibility. We're closer than we may realize.