PDA

View Full Version : Tip for small parts assembly.

islandchanel
04-07-2006, 4:17 PM
When i was disassembling and assembling my XD 40 and some other guns I would find a large cardboard box. Then i would cut arm holes on the sides to allow my hands to go inside. On the top part of the box i would place a layer of saran wrap on the top and tape it down like a window. This has saved me from loosing countless springs and small parts while assembling and disassembling. Just thought i would put this out there for all of those loosing springs during their AR builds

C.G.
04-07-2006, 4:49 PM
That takes all the fun out of looking for springs and things and finding out they are somewhere where you thought they could never end up.:D
Or reading about how someone else did it, too.

LOW2000
04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
You could also just put the lower you're working on in a large ziplock freezer bag and work in that.

jdberger
04-08-2006, 2:17 AM
That takes all the fun out of looking for springs and things and finding out they are somewhere where you thought they could never end up.:D
Or reading about how someone else did it, too.
And sometimes you are really lucky and find money or a partially eaten donut...:D

shopkeep
04-08-2006, 2:21 AM
The cardboard box with armholes just makes me think of a cheap b-rate movie where there's a guy in a suit fooling around with radioactive material or biohazard material LOL!

islandchanel
04-08-2006, 3:01 PM
Dam stomp on all of my ideas. Thanks guys:confused: