View Full Version : No more re-DROS at Milpitas

04-07-2006, 9:02 AM
Due to Turbo's post regarding his "non group buy" pick up of his seized lower I am making the following assumptions and decisions.

1. Turbo was out of time regarding his original DROS and was allowed to pick up his receiver using the LEGR.
I see no reason to continue going back for my third re-DROS.
When the investigation is over we will fill out a LEGR, then 3-4 weeks later go to Sacramento and pick them up.

2. The issue regarding the safe capacity is now a MOOT point.

3. The issue of the "Group Buy" is the sticking point. I wonder how long the "Federal Investigation" will take?

I do have questions also.

1. How many firearm "Group Buys" have been conducted prior to our LOWER group buys?

2. If there were any, did they gather any attention from the state or federal govt?

3. Is there a way (Some other form maybe) to get a receipt from the CA DOJ showing that they are holding the lower that I DROSd?

I also sent out a LEGR form in the early A.M. yesterday, so I will in 3-4 weeks have a legal form from the CA DOJ suitable for framing:) (and nothing else)

04-07-2006, 6:07 PM
File a Police report saying that they were taken(not stolen). They will list the serial numbers on the report and then send a copy to the DOJ.....

I have no idea if this would work or not. But I am a work wishing I was at a range shooting.

Flame on!

04-07-2006, 6:43 PM
I haven't done any extra DROS besides my first. I can see why some people did it, but I just didn't see the point. Even if I let my DROS lapse, the receiver is still mine and can be re-DROSed (once those grimey DOJ thugs give them back to Rob).

04-07-2006, 9:58 PM

sorry, pet peeve....

04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I think the reason for the continual re-DROS was the fear that the receivers would be listed as AWs during the time when you didn't have a DROS underway. As far as I understand it you can't DROS an AW, but correct me if I'm wrong.

04-08-2006, 10:29 PM

sorry, pet peeve....

You know I have to stalk you now...;)