PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever helped or organized a cleanup?

Donny1
06-28-2010, 1:48 PM
I have!

Seems lot's of people have good intent but when the time comes they don't show up. I see it as an opportunity to meet people, do some shooting, find new public places to shoot and do some good for our sport.

Milsurps
06-28-2010, 1:59 PM
I have!

Disorganized yes ! I always haul out much more shooting trash than I generate. The GF is very good about pitching in and filling multiple bags with trash. Shotgun hulls really bug her and gets them all. :) We always leave the shooting area cleaner than we found it. ;)

Donny1
06-28-2010, 2:06 PM
Disorganized yes ! I always haul out much more shooting trash than I generate. The GF is very good about pitching in and filling multiple bags with trash. Shotgun hulls really bug her and gets them all. :) We always leave the shooting area cleaner than we found it. ;)

Good for you. Give yourself a yes vote.

Funny you say that. The people who we showed up to help said my wife (actually GF) out cleaned everyone. Although I will never admit to that. :D

diginit
07-15-2010, 6:24 PM
You really think anyone will admit to the last 3 poll options? :)

GunGeezer
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
I didn't organize it - I did just did it, over a week. It was our BLM free range. There was so much stuff I couldn't pack most of it out (no pickup trk). I called BLM got the guy who tries to take care of the area; he thanked me, said he'd pick it up just leave it in the piles. Worked out well.

halon101
08-02-2010, 8:23 PM
I have!

Seems lot's of people have good intent but when the time comes they don't show up. I see it as an opportunity to meet people, do some shooting, find new public places to shoot and do some good for our sport.

YES you have. you were the only one who showed up to my clean up!

alot of people expressed interest but when it came time nobody could do it.

halon101
08-02-2010, 8:27 PM
The people who we showed up to help said my wife (actually GF) out cleaned everyone. :D

yeah i cleaned a bit filled my truck and was trying to shoot. but everytime i turned around she was raking. i kept feeling bad so i had to stop shooting to clean up even more.