PDA

View Full Version : Is unloaded requirement in UOC now repugnant?

v/dBrink
06-28-2010, 8:22 AM
Seeing that the Heller decision clearly stated that having a requirement that a gun in the home be unloaded violated the core purpose of the 2nd amendment, is not the 'unloaded' requirement in UOC identical in that it violates the core principal that the 2nd amendment protects self-defense?

Uxi
06-28-2010, 8:28 AM
It's always been pretty repugnant to me. LOC seems so logical and obvious.

Liberty1
06-28-2010, 8:33 AM
It probably is. I hate 12031.

But a license issued pursuant to 12050 is an exemption so the courts are likely to take license issuance as the 'path of least resistance' to upholding your Right to Carry until, if ever, SCOTUS or the Ninth Circuit finds licensing of a fundamental right also repugnant.

unusedusername
06-28-2010, 8:39 AM
Don't LOC yet unless you want to be arrested.

Even if it is unconstitutional, the state still has a law making it illegal, and this state will enforce it's laws until they are individually struck down.

CHS
06-28-2010, 8:40 AM
Now?

You mean it hasn't ALWAYS been repugnant to you? California is the ONLY state that I know of in the entire "open carry movement" where the open-carriers aren't allowed to actually carry a loaded and functional firearm.

v/dBrink
06-28-2010, 9:04 AM
Now?

You mean it hasn't ALWAYS been repugnant to you?

Repugnant to the Constitution.

wash
06-28-2010, 9:31 AM
Before anyone gets any crazy ideas, we need to strategize and organize.

Open carry is still dangerous to gun rights, especially since we've got a CCW case in court.

I do expect to see some organized events that are properly run in the next few months.

No lone wolves, it's just too much risk and ~zero reward.

Don't load your gun UOC is still the law of the land for now. GFSZ's are also still valid which makes the entire state a mine field for UOC.

The best thing for our fight is to continue to see what we can win in court because we have been making progress in that area.

Patience and strategy have gotten us this far while ~well meaning UOC'ers have made the road more difficult. We need to take the path that leads to results for everyone.

pullnshoot25
06-28-2010, 9:56 AM
N Dakota has uoc.

pullnshoot25
06-28-2010, 9:57 AM
Let us not complicate the legal landscape at the moment.

Uriah02
06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
While I don't think UOC is a lamb worth dying for, it is important to note MacDonald does not void all the laws we'd like to think it does. It is a litigation Pandora's box. When it comes to our homes though, we can LOC all we want, as it is private property.

wildhawker
06-28-2010, 10:01 AM
While I don't think UOC is a lamb worth dying for, it is important to note MacDonald does not void all the laws we'd like to think it does. It is a litigation Pandora's box. When it comes to our homes though, we can LOC all we want, as it is private property.

Inside our homes, yes. Outside, make sure you're not in a common area or public space.

Pix Cool
06-28-2010, 10:08 AM
cal guns has been very effective in brainwashing their subjects into thinking open carry is bad and illegal.

what a shame.

CHS
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
cal guns has been very effective in brainwashing their subjects into thinking open carry is bad and illegal.

This is not true at all.

Some very smart people here have convinced the less knee-jerk of us that open carry is a bad thing, STRATEGICALLY AT THIS TIME, and nothing more.

I fully agree. And I'm very hard-core pro open carry.

These very smart people are the ones that get crap done in this state FOR gun owners, so I tend to believe them when they talk.

tenpercentfirearms
06-28-2010, 10:36 AM

what a shame.

It is clearly not illegal, so I am not sure where you got that. Open carrying as a political statement in liberal jurisdictions is not a good idea. Sure it is legal, but what is the point?

Open carrying where it is your only legal option for self defense, go for it. In my opinion, the guys that open carry low key for self-defense were never a problem.