PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on UOC in Riverside's Press Enterprise newspaper.

billgato
06-27-2010, 7:36 AM
I came across an interesting article on UOC in the Press Enterprise. It is particularly interesting to read Sheriff Sniff's response to the legislation (makes me really happy that I voted for him).

Also, the comments at the bottom of the article are nearly unanimous in support of gun rights for citizens.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_D_guns27.2598420.html

Bill Gato

Stealth
06-27-2010, 7:41 AM
Good article. Good read.

Interesting comment about how the governor is undecided on his stance on the bill. I hope old Arnold can see that it is okay for people to have guns to protect him and other lawmakers yet the common man who pays for the government to exist cannot have that right to defend their own life.

Monday can't come soon enough.

Lex
06-27-2010, 8:16 AM
Carjaval said banning the right to openly carry handguns is an especially bad idea if the state releases thousands of prisoners to save money.

"What do you think you're going to accomplish by releasing prisoners and disarming the law abiding?" he said. "That's a very serious scenario ... that puts a lot of people needlessly at risk."

Mafera said he opposes "more restrictive gun laws that affect law-abiding citizens and do nothing to reduce crime."

I love this comment. Good to hear our rights are coming back.

Paladin
06-27-2010, 9:06 AM
It doesn't matter what the MSM says about UOC or even what a local CLEO thinks about it. Right now, all that matters is what the Senate (Appropriations Cmte? floor?) members VOTE about it. IIRC, it is coming up for a vote on Tuesday, so on Monday, when we'll all be thinking and posting about McDonald, Sacto will trying to (fill in the blank) us.

pullnshoot25
06-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Mafera is a ucsd student as well.

Good article. Some errors but good.

stitchnicklas
06-27-2010, 2:28 PM
saladana is a flea bag wh*** that i think all people hate.......