PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Arms 22 conversion for Glock

VictorFranko
06-27-2010, 6:38 AM
After the IDPA match at Piru yesterday, I went over to the Steel Challenge range and shot my new Advantage Arms 22 conversion for my Glock.
First impression: WOW! What a fun little toy!
Very nice workmanship and the kit includes everything except bullets. Kit even comes with a cleaning kit and some patches.
Comes with adjustable Glock sights, and shot great right out of the box.
I have a G17 and a G22, so this conversion fits both.
Since a large part Steel Challenge shooting is muscle memory, this kit will really help increase speed and accuracy (I hope) at a greatly reduced cost for ammunition.
A+ for Advantage Arms.

ch3ck5ix
06-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Glad to hear you're enjoying your AA conversion kit. I was lucky enough to nab an AA kit for my Glock 23 of the forum marketplace a few months ago. The quality is excellent and shoots great, though it had some FTE issues after shooting non-recommended ammo. It's an awesome training tool, cheaper to shoot and extends range time. It even got my wife interested in shooting again since she disliked the recoil from the .40 cal. In my opinion, the only negative is the weight since it's made of aluminum and obviously lighter than the original slide/barrel assembly plus the recoil is also significantly lighter. But like you said, it's about training muscle memory and shooting mechanics. Overall, I'd say that it's improved my shooting, extended my range time and plinking fun. Definitely one of my better investments. Best wishes.

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
It's an awesome conversion kit, they manufacture them here in Santa Clarita. Hometown pride :D

FeuerFrei
06-27-2010, 6:04 PM
These things are made of pure un-obtainium. It took me forever to find one that was actually in stock. I just ordered one tonight and it is already being shipped to me.
I have the CZ Kadet kit for my CZ75B and really enjoy shooting on the cheap, also it makes teaching newbies to shoot without the "flinch factor" getting in the way.
Nice to know that the quality is up there.

walter
06-27-2010, 6:19 PM
i had one, great quality. the thing is your need premium 22. now me, i like to shoot cheap 22, so the only 22 pistol ill ever get, is the ruger 22/45

sammy
06-27-2010, 6:45 PM
I am borrowing one at the moment. IT is a very accurate and reliable kit no doubt. After debating on the Glock conversion and a 1911 conversion I got a Marvel I. It is without a doubt the most accurate gun I have ever shot but has a problem with reliability. Needless to say I should have got the Advantage Arms kit. Enjoy, Sammy

elSquid
06-28-2010, 1:25 AM
G17/22 LE kits here:

http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=589&idcategory=214

I just ordered one.

-- Michael