PDA

View Full Version : glock ?

1144-Rob
06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Anyone tried using one of these higher lb springs? whats the 22lb vs. 11lb spring mean for recoil and usability? I have a g22 g17 g23 g27. im happy with them all mostly stock other than sights. I dont want to put one each gun but if its recommended then ill try it on one of them. If so i would probably put it in the 23 or 17 but please advise if you think different. I saw this and thought someone smarter than me could help. Thanks

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/7/7545_Stainless+Steel+Competition+Recoil+Spring+for +Glocks/

ironcross
06-27-2010, 12:45 AM
IIRC the 17lb one is the default.

If your not having any problems with your current setup I wouldn't touch them.

IMO its more or less to fine tune to "your" brand of ammo.

jdg30
06-27-2010, 6:20 AM
I would leave your Glocks with the stock spring setup. They were designed to function well with those springs. Once you start switching out springs you are just opening yourself up to malfunctions.

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
06-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I know someone who runs 11lb springs on their G17, and seems to run even better than the 17lb spring.

Alexjr1967
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
You start to mess with your springs when you start shooting custom loads ... So if you start to reload you'll might consider changing the springs then... Untill then I'd just leave them as is ... Assumeing it's functioning 100% as is

1144-Rob
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Ya they all function perfect never one problem at all! Is there any truth to reducing recoil or the little flip up it dose when you install the metal guide rod? I have shout close to 5k rounds threw my g17 with not a sigle problem at all but its my target/ composition "shoot with frieds to see who pays for dinner/beer" gun. Im vary accurate with it but always looking for a little edge to be better. Any thoughts guys?

Corbin Dallas
06-27-2010, 3:56 PM
Ya they all function perfect never one problem at all! Is there any truth to reducing recoil or the little flip up it dose when you install the metal guide rod? I have shout close to 5k rounds threw my g17 with not a sigle problem at all but its my target/ composition "shoot with frieds to see who pays for dinner/beer" gun. Im vary accurate with it but always looking for a little edge to be better. Any thoughts guys?

Spell checker? Maybe English is not your native langauge...

Leave the glock stock and put the money into training yourself.

sammy
06-27-2010, 5:54 PM
I own a Glock 20SF and tried different recoil springs to keep the brass from going into orbit. When shooting IDPA matches the brass would find its way 30" to the right and over a 10" wall. I ordered a 20# and 22# Wolf springs and a Wolf guide rod. I had nothing but problems with it. Constant failure to feeds where the round would catch on the top of the chamber. I fought this for about 500 rounds or so and decided against using it. Have a Glock, keep it stock. It is only sights and grip tape for me.

1144-Rob
06-29-2010, 8:22 AM
Spell checker? Maybe English is not your native langauge...

Leave the glock stock and put the money into training yourself.

Ya i was half asleep when i wrote that! When i read it back to my self it sounded like a old Bruce lee film dialog. No im not Chinese... White 4th gen californian

So looks like leave it stock is the theme so thats what i will do. Thanks for the help folks.