PDA

View Full Version : McDonald v. Chicago TODAY

Mstrty
06-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Im so excited I just canít sleep. Brushing up on my slaughter house rulling. Refreshing up on PorI vs. due process rullings. Remember the Mervyns commercial? Open! Open!! Open!!!. I ready for Rule! Rule!! Rule!!!

Window_Seat
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
The Grand ruling and the blue light special, gonna be a grand party for the pros, and make the anti's sing the blues!:whistling:

Erik.

3B830
06-27-2010, 12:14 AM
I was going to chastise you as tomorrow is Sunday and the court is not open then but I just looked at the time!

So...

McDONALD IS TOMORROW! GO OTIS!!!

Mstrty
06-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Do you thinks Otis stays up after midnight in anticipation? I think I might be more excited than he is. He's looking to buy a hand gun. Im looking to by LOTS of handguns, rifles, permits, stamps. I might even own a ICBM one day. Nah, Just a few more items to the collection.:D

thayne
06-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Do you thinks Otis stays up after midnight in anticipation? I think I might be more excited than he is. He's looking to buy a hand gun. Im looking to by LOTS of handguns, rifles, permits, stamps. I might even own a ICBM one day. Nah, Just a few more items to the collection.:D

ICBM's are kinda pricey, maybe we can get a calguns group buy going! :chris:

Cokebottle
06-27-2010, 12:44 AM
ICBM's are kinda pricey, maybe we can get a calguns group buy going! :chris:
Wonder if we could do that on an AOW or DD trust? :D

dark_ninja
06-27-2010, 12:56 AM
What happens if it turns out against us!? Are we going to revolt?

bulgron
06-27-2010, 1:15 AM

I can guarantee that will be something in the ruling that we won't like. Maybe some Calgunners will be happy with all of the ruling. And some Calgunners will hate the entire ruling. But most people will find something in it to complain about.

Doesn't mean we need to have a revolution, though.

dfletcher
06-27-2010, 9:33 AM
For those with cable might be interesting to watch WGN news tonight & tomorrow, might have some coverage of the case and the city's response.

N6ATF
06-27-2010, 9:51 AM
Spelling...

bruss01
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM

I, for one, would be revolted. :rolleyes:

HowardW56
06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Im so excited I just canít sleep. Brushing up on my slaughter house rulling. Refreshing up on PorI vs. due process rullings. Remember the Mervyns commercial? Open! Open!! Open!!!. I ready for Rule! Rule!! Rule!!!

You must be excited, you misspelled TOMORROW

AndrewMendez
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I am not going to sleep tonight. What time is the ruling expected?

Cnynrat
06-27-2010, 11:21 AM
I think they start issuing opinions at 10 AM EDT, so 7 AM our time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yellowfin
06-27-2010, 11:21 AM
I can guarantee that will be something in the ruling that we won't like. Maybe some Calgunners will be happy with all of the ruling. And some Calgunners will hate the entire ruling. But most people will find something in it to complain about.
My guess like many people's is that it'll be too narrow or vague in areas we'd want nailed down.

Santa Cruz Armory
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I'll be stirring all night.

winnre
06-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I, for one, would be revolted. :rolleyes:

I heard you were quite revolting. :>

I am not going to sleep tonight. What time is the ruling expected?

Right after you fall asleep.

AndrewMendez
06-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I think they start issuing opinions at 10 AM EDT, so 7 AM our time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What I figured. Thanks.

Right after you fall asleep.

If I take a nap right now, does it work the same?

winnre
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
If I take a nap right now, does it work the same?

If you stay awake they will defer the decision until their next session!

AndrewMendez
06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
If you stay awake they will defer the decision until their next session!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

stitchnicklas
06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
if all goes well i will buy otis a box of ammo!!!!!!!!!1

ScottB
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I can almost guarantee there will be some aspect(s) of the ruling that leave people pissed off and saying WTF?

The Supremes are not generally noted for rewriting the legal landscape in a single stroke. They will leave the door wide open for pitched legal and legislative battles that will define their ruling over the course of years, if not decades.

In practical terms, Monday afternoon will be a lot like today, although I hope we will be in a better situation constitutionally.

Kharn
06-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm glad we have yet another thread saying its tomorrow, I almost forgot after reading the 5+ others on the subject...

otteray
06-27-2010, 1:25 PM
For those with cable might be interesting to watch WGN news tonight & tomorrow, might have some coverage of the case and the city's response.

So far, absolutely zero about this on the news.
When I bring it up to my shooting friends, they say, "Huh? McWho vs Where?
'Corporated in California? What the heck does that do?
Yeah, right...that'll be the day... "
I'm frustrated by the lack of coverage, because this could be will be huge.

dantodd
06-27-2010, 4:02 PM
I'm frustrated by the lack of coverage, because this could be will be huge.

I think the fact that this will be huge is why there is very little coverage by the news in general. That, and the fact that the population in general doesn't care about the Supreme Court except when a president they didn't vote for gets to put a new justice up. I also think that a lot of people who do care about gun laws think that Heller did what McDonald will actually be doing and now they're a bit jaded because they expected lots of "good stuff" to come directly out of Heller. We have become an instant gratification society and waiting 3 or 5 years for the judicial process will cause a lot of people to lose interest.

BigDogatPlay
06-27-2010, 4:09 PM

+1....

Heller, while a landmark win for us, is still something of a mixed bag. While I would like McDonald to give us P or I incorporation, kicking Slaughter House and Cruickshank into the scrap pile of crummy jurisprudence, I don't expect it.

We will get incorporation against the states, but I fear there is going to be some language in the decision that we will be unhappy with.

HowardW56
06-27-2010, 4:17 PM
I think the fact that this will be huge is why there is very little coverage by the news in general. That, and the fact that the population in general doesn't care about the Supreme Court except when a president they didn't vote for gets to put a new justice up. I also think that a lot of people who do care about gun laws think that Heller did what McDonald will actually be doing and now they're a bit jaded because they expected lots of "good stuff" to come directly out of Heller. We have become an instant gratification society and waiting 3 or 5 years for the judicial process will cause a lot of people to lose interest.

All I want from the Supreme Court is incorporation and strict scrutiny... Is that asking too much? :rolleyes:

ScottB
06-27-2010, 4:21 PM
Don't worry. There will be lots of coverage tomorrow along with all the requisite wailing and gnashing of teeth by all the lefty talking heads and their rolodex commando "experts"over predictions of urban bloodbaths.

ArticleTheFourth
06-27-2010, 4:28 PM
Power to the 97% of us!

safewaysecurity
06-27-2010, 4:55 PM
Don't worry. There will be lots of coverage tomorrow along with all the requisite wailing and gnashing of teeth by all the lefty talking heads and their rolodex commando "experts"over predictions of urban bloodbaths.

lol true

Cokebottle
06-27-2010, 5:07 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

"Good news" is frequently buried on the 11pm news and doesn't make the front page.

But it'll be all over Drudge.

ojisan
06-27-2010, 5:14 PM
I'll be listening for the wailing and whining coming from Bill Handle on KFI 640AM radio in the morning.

Next I will have to surf the net and find out what good ol' Bill Press has to say.

Then again, they may both be silent as they will be busy eating crow.

7x57
06-27-2010, 5:16 PM
Hey, I just thought of something. Tomorrow could be the Best. Day. Evar. to listen to KPFK. I won't be around to hear it, but I'd happily listen to reports of the whining and moaning.

7x57

Purple K
06-27-2010, 7:00 PM
Twelve hours to go!!!!

wkd4496
06-27-2010, 11:15 PM
dang... imma be at burro canyon tomorrow morning! :D