View Full Version : Anybody familiar with Magento Ecommerce troubleshooting?

06-26-2010, 4:32 PM
I tried to download a Magento mobile extension, but the download didn't go through and it crashed my site. I can see the admin log in page but can't log in. My homepage and every other page is just blank white. :eek:

I did figure a way to uninstall the extension (mydomain.com/downloader) but it didn't help.:confused:

I did perform a backup of the site to the server before I downloaded the extension.

I looked on the Magento forums and the same issue has happened to others but no one posted a solution.:rolleyes:

Is there a way I can sort of reboot my site from the webhost's file manager using the backup? I don't know where to look to find it or what to do if I did find it.:o

06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Try the magento irc channel. Generally support on the forums seriously sucks. I've had more success getting help on irc compared to about zilch on the forums.

06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the tip. What's the IRC channel? Can you hold my hand and walk me to it please? Thanks.

06-27-2010, 12:28 AM
IRC= internet relay chat. you need an irc app to connect such as trillian or mirc.

channel to join when you connect is #magento

07-05-2010, 4:19 PM
Looks like your fix hasn't worked you Freakshow. :(