PDA

View Full Version : What will you do to celebrate 2A incorporation on Monday night?

EBR Works
06-26-2010, 2:42 PM
Only a small percentage of CalGunners will be in the area of organized celebrations after the decision on Monday. What do you plan to do? :D

After spending a bunch of time here, I'll probably have a few drinks with my wife and go to sleep to dream vividly of the many 2A victories that will be realized after this momentous event! On Tuesday, I'll make my monthly donation to the CGF to continue the battle.

johnny_22
06-26-2010, 2:45 PM
I'll be at Reed's enjoying the Monday Night Shooting League. Figure exercising my rights would be a good way to celebrate.

Roadrunner
06-26-2010, 2:50 PM
I'm going to stand in my front yard and shoot guns in the air to celebrate my brand new right.

http://blog.b92.net/user_stuff/upload/705/guns.9705.jpg:D

Munk
06-26-2010, 3:37 PM
I'm going to be paying a man for a PPT so I can get myself a new gun 10 days later. Yay for new guns!!!

Edit: Why no option for buying a new gun? I'd say that's a pretty solid way of celebrating.

Vacaville
06-26-2010, 3:54 PM
I'll spend the evening in my tighty whities and gun belt watching war documentaries.

NiteQwill
06-26-2010, 3:55 PM
Incorporation?

IrishPirate
06-26-2010, 4:01 PM
alcohol and guns, but not at the same time, but most likely in the buff for both :D

thayne
06-26-2010, 4:15 PM
ill be right here on calguns. I may go get some sierra nevada ale :D

joedogboy
06-26-2010, 4:20 PM
May have to reload a special batch of "freedom rounds".

odysseus
06-26-2010, 4:21 PM
If I can make it down to hang out with the party, I will pitch a toast of maker's mark to those that worked on this - and see if I can clear some funds for CGF's future work.

thayne
06-26-2010, 4:25 PM
I have an idea! I think everyone should celebrate by going out and buying a new gun and donate to CGF! WooHoo!

mossy
06-26-2010, 4:37 PM
i never get my hopes up on pro 2A cases anymore i plan a celebration when i see the outcome.

rojocorsa
06-26-2010, 4:42 PM
Rocky Patel....nuff said.

USAFTS
06-26-2010, 4:53 PM
I have learned over the years to prepare for the worst and be happy with anything less. I have been watching our government and even SCOTUS make decisions that are diametrically opposite of common sense let alone Constitutional. I truly hope that the SCOTUS comes to an actual Constitutional decision that secures our rights as guaranteed....BUT... I will not be surprised if it turns out just the opposite.

IF... the 2A is applied to the states (as I believe it was meant to be from the beginning), I will gesture a silent toast to Mr. Gura and will work that night (unarmed - at a high-threat civilian job), until midnight...at which point I will drive home, through a high-crime area with only my mind, my voice and my fists to protect me. I will likely continue to do so 5 and sometimes 6 days per week, with no change in my ability to protect myself.

A Constitutional outcome of McDonald would be a great win that will be a launching pad for a lot of positive change...but I doubt that I will find myself with a legally carried protective handgun (outside the relative safety of my own home), any time soon. My celebration will happen the day I have a CCW in my hand and my Glock in an IWB holster.

Lead-Thrower
06-26-2010, 5:23 PM
I have an idea! I think everyone should celebrate by going out and buying a new gun and donate to CGF! WooHoo!

+1000000

There should have been an option for buying a new gun. I plan on buying my first handgun next week. :D

HowardW56
06-26-2010, 5:32 PM
Relax and read the decision with a cold beer!

misterjake
06-26-2010, 5:41 PM
Hang out with my 10 day old daughter with the feeling in my head knowing that when she grows up she'll actually have the luxury of having more gun rights than I did. :)

bruss01
06-26-2010, 5:42 PM
I'll spend the evening in my tighty whities and gun belt watching war documentaries.

Somebody give that man the "Brutal Honesty" award!!! Probably a lot just like this out there!!

Window_Seat
06-26-2010, 6:25 PM
Eat a sandwich & take a nap (I'll have been up since 0500, likely, only around 4 hours sleep and will get hungry during the reading of the opinion), then head to San Carlos (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=315654)..:p

Erik.

jb7706
06-26-2010, 8:59 PM
I do believe that I will DROS 3 OLL in serial sequence. One for me and one for each of my sons. The oldest is 5 but I think someday the rifles we will build together will be meaningful in some way to them, certainly to me. I can't think of a better way to pass on their heritage than to assemble a rifle from parts with their bare hands, then take them out to learn how to shoot them.

sholling
06-26-2010, 8:59 PM
Well I don't drink or indulge in other mind altering substances unless you count ice cream so I'll probably be on here a lot while enjoying some tunes (audio is my other hobby). But I might, just might open an O'Doul's Amber or two and do the happy dance in celebration. :D

robcoe
06-26-2010, 9:24 PM
Probably go to the shooting range

jamesob
06-26-2010, 9:28 PM
sleep, i have to work tuesday

Doheny
06-26-2010, 9:34 PM
Pop off a few mags into the night sky, then run in my house before the neighbors call the cops.

AEC1
06-26-2010, 9:37 PM
remove my bullsH1t button. insert a loaded 30 round mag. Remember nothing changed, take apart my 30 round re-build kit, reinstall the bullst button and hope i was not seen by anyone...

Fyathyrio
06-26-2010, 9:53 PM
About the time you folks are hoisting your celebratory drinks, my ship will be pulling into a strange foreign land that has no gun rights. I'll be a little late to the party, but I will celebrate this victory! Maybe I can appeal to their cowboy history and convince the gun deficient locals that their legislature got it wrong and start a movement here to reach the same end result!

MP301
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I have learned over the years to prepare for the worst and be happy with anything less. I have been watching our government and even SCOTUS make decisions that are diametrically opposite of common sense let alone Constitutional. I truly hope that the SCOTUS comes to an actual Constitutional decision that secures our rights as guaranteed....BUT... I will not be surprised if it turns out just the opposite.

IF... the 2A is applied to the states (as I believe it was meant to be from the beginning), I will gesture a silent toast to Mr. Gura and will work that night (unarmed - at a high-threat civilian job), until midnight...at which point I will drive home, through a high-crime area with only my mind, my voice and my fists to protect me. I will likely continue to do so 5 and sometimes 6 days per week, with no change in my ability to protect myself.

A Constitutional outcome of McDonald would be a great win that will be a launching pad for a lot of positive change...but I doubt that I will find myself with a legally carried protective handgun (outside the relative safety of my own home), any time soon. My celebration will happen the day I have a CCW in my hand and my Glock in an IWB holster.

I dont know if you are aware, but you can LUCC. It might not be the best method, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp switchblade! It IS legal AND if you catch any legal grief, CGF will back you according to Gene - providing there is no "color" to your situation such as also carrying dope, commiting some crime, etc.

So Why the F would you not have a gun with you????

gravedigger
06-26-2010, 11:00 PM
LUCC??? I haven't seen that one before. What does it mean?

I've seen OC and CC, LOC, UOC, LCC and others, but LUCC?

WoodTurner
06-26-2010, 11:13 PM
LUCC??? I haven't seen that one before. What does it mean?

I've seen OC and CC, LOC, UOC, LCC and others, but LUCC?
Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry. Having its unloaded in a locked container, like you would to transport it.

I celebrated early by buying a new rifle. So I'll either buy some Stone IPA or Karl Strauss for the "Official" celebration. ;)

thayne
06-26-2010, 11:25 PM
remove my bullsH1t button. insert a loaded 30 round mag. Remember nothing changed, take apart my 30 round re-build kit, reinstall the bullst button and hope i was not seen by anyone...

You have to at least stand naked in front of the mirror with it and say something badass before you take it apart :chris:

chris
06-26-2010, 11:30 PM
after the decision i will wait and see what the NRA and CGF has in store for this state in the courts. now that is something to celebrate when this state is slaped with the rights that belong to us and are no longer to be stripped away a little bit at a time.

i look forward to the day that my OLL does'nt require a BB, and MonsterMan grip or any other contraption to use it with a detachable mag. that will be a day to celebrate and flip the bird at Brady and their ilk that the 2nd Amendment means what it says.

CP562
06-27-2010, 1:43 AM
I was going to go out and buy a new rifle, but the anticipation got to me and I couldn't wait...drove down to Straightline this afternoon and started paperwork on a new Century Arms AK (my first)!

:gunsmilie:

So on Monday, I'll probably go look for some ammo with a buddy of mine and toast a couple Stellas to our eventual future status as a free state. Who knows? If the decision is a strong one, it could inspire me to drop some cash on a pistol.

:2guns:

Kharn
06-27-2010, 2:16 AM
A tumbler of Johnny Walker Blue Label while on the couch with my ereader going over Bilski and McDonald.

yellowfin
06-27-2010, 4:13 AM
Probably enjoy a nice glass of Madeira, eat a nice dinner, call up a handful of NY pro 2A guys to see what's on the horizon, and go to the local range.

CaliforniaCarry
06-27-2010, 4:47 AM
I'll be purchasing a new gun :) I bought one the day the Heller opinion was released, and I plan to keep up the tradition of buying a new firearm for each major pro-gun SCOTUS decision.

Sobriquet
06-27-2010, 5:02 AM
Already bought some nice ribeyes and a good bottle of wine to celebrate. After dinner, I'll try not to get indigestion thinking about how Mehl could still screw us.

GM4spd
06-27-2010, 5:10 AM

Finally, a dose of reality. I like the CCW but in reality it will still be a long
time coming (especially in this state.) Pete

Woodymyster
06-27-2010, 5:23 AM
I'm making it a new family holiday called "Forth of July II".

For this year we are having a pool party to celebrate Forth of July II

dixieD
06-27-2010, 7:11 AM
I voted dance with my OLL, but I think what I will do is go send some rounds down range with my OLL sporting patriotic wear. I think that I will also fly the American flag together with the Gadsden flag.

Crom
06-27-2010, 8:09 AM
I'm going to buy a gun and go to Disneyland. Just like I did for Heller. Anyone else going?

Awesome! Disneyland FTW! :D

I'm going to smoke a cigar!

EBR Works
06-27-2010, 9:18 AM
For those that voted "What's incorporation?", see here:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/McDonald_v._Chicago

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-256308.html

USAFTS
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I dont know if you are aware, but you can LUCC. It might not be the best method, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp switchblade! It IS legal AND if you catch any legal grief, CGF will back you according to Gene - providing there is no "color" to your situation such as also carrying dope, commiting some crime, etc.

So Why the F would you not have a gun with you????

Yes, I am aware...but there are various reasons why LUCC is definately not the best method... Mainly tactical but unconstitutional nonetheless. Yes it does beat a "poke in the eye" but just barely. It's a blessing that CGF is available to help but it's a shame that their help is necessary.

"Why would I not have a gun with me?" - I never said that I didn't. ;)

Shotgun Man
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
You need better poll options.

I would not get drunk on a Monday night unless I was on vacation.

G60
06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Wait until the 6th of july to pick my new M&P 9 out of it's 10 day detainment. =(

maybe i'll celebrate the fact that some day, i might not have to wait that 10 days.

bruss01
06-27-2010, 1:46 PM
Wait until the 6th of july to pick my new M&P 9 out of it's 10 day detainment. =(

maybe i'll celebrate the fact that some day, i might not have to wait that 10 days.

Me too, got a Marlin 62 Levermatic in 10-day jail right now... what can I say, I "jumped the gun"? :D

Maybe a glass of scotch and a Big Mac for lunch to celebrate... Mmmm that sounds good.

Serpentine
06-27-2010, 2:15 PM
I'll be watching the Giants beat the Dodgers at 7:15 PST!

Cokebottle
06-27-2010, 2:31 PM
I go on call Monday morning, so since I can't drink for the next 14 days, this....

bodger
06-27-2010, 2:34 PM
I'm going to Arizona on Tuesday and get used to what I hope it will be like in CA in about two years.

Or was it two weeks. :D

joedogboy
06-27-2010, 3:12 PM
... also
preparing some tri-tip for grilling tomorrow.

Carnivore
06-27-2010, 3:32 PM
Hopefully thanking and not cursing all the Cal-gunners that this went through and they didn't F*&K us again. Good luck every one I hope we get what we want out of this.