PDA

View Full Version : mods for my USPc .40?

thevic
06-26-2010, 12:20 AM
so im going to pick up a usp compact on tuesday and im totally excited..like everything else i buy i want to do some work to it. im def going to duracoat the frame in Magpul FDE.

anyone recommend parts upgrade?

home done trigger job? i saw someone on hkpro talking about it and getting aftermarket 10lb springs, then polishing the sears n pins and everyone was raving its a great thing to do to tighten my groups and very noticable

i saw the EFK firedragon ported barrels..was thinking of getting one in 9mm or .357 ($150 why not??)

looking online i cant really find aftermarket parts.

SixtyDashOne
06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I put an LEM kit in mine and that trigger is amazing now. Some people don't like the LEM but I think it's great.

thevic
06-26-2010, 12:53 AM
yeah ill have to try that and figure it out

thevic
06-26-2010, 1:17 AM
are these prone to dry fire damage..do you guys use snap caps?

Cyc Wid It
06-26-2010, 2:32 AM
Bruce Gray does trigger jobs for USPs as well as Sigs.

norcal77
06-26-2010, 2:46 AM
are these prone to dry fire damage..do you guys use snap caps?

Yes, HK's are prone to dry fire damage...

Like another poster mentioned..the LEM kit is a great upgrade, that is what I have on my USPc, it's like night and day. I'd send it in to HK for the work..you might luck out like I did and get the upgrade to the Light LEM trigger, much lighter than the regular LEM upgrade.

Nightsights are a good upgrade also...calguns member tpowers can help you with the refinish...he does great work.

Here's an article on the LEM kit, it talks about the dry fire damage also...

http://www.outdoors.net/site/features/feature.aspx+Forum+Firearms+ArticleCode+901+Search Term+

UserM4
06-26-2010, 8:37 AM
The stock trigger, although it stacks, stages, and creeps, is very easy to shoot with. You just have to break it in and get used to it. For every portion of the pull that stages, it gets lighter and lighter to the point where it breaks almost as light as the match trigger. And during rapid fire, it helps to keep the muzzle steady because the actual breaking point is so light. I had a bit of a hard time getting adjusted to the Match Trigger because of this. For a couple of hundred rounds, I was still more accurate with the stock trigger. I wouldn't spend money on the trigger until after a couple of thousand rounds through the stock one.

Miltiades
06-26-2010, 9:18 AM
I've had a couple of USPs for 8 years and they are still stock. I don't think there is a lot you can do to a USP - they are made of good parts at the factory and usually function well out of the box.

thevic
06-28-2010, 12:54 AM
snap caps...is battenfeld a good brand? or should i get Azoom