PDA

View Full Version : CCW in Orange County

slowxturtle
04-06-2006, 2:19 AM
I just read the post on "CCW in Los Angeles" and it made some references to CCW in OC, but I don't understand what most people seem to already know. How difficult is it to get one in OC as a regular joe schmoe? I've seen the packing.org link but can anyone give more specific pointers? Possibly even a step by step for dummies? Any ways to increase the probabilty for receiving a CCW in OC? Thank you.

Black Majik
04-06-2006, 5:31 PM
It is possible to get a CCW in OC! The best "valid" reason would be to be a frequent shooter, but be sure to document your range sessions since simply telling Trisha during the interview that you shoot a lot isn't gonna cut it.

The CCW is good for 2 years, should take about 2 months to complete and cost around $500. I'm gonna try to get mine shortly.

Good luck.

BamBam-31
04-06-2006, 5:43 PM
How did I know you were gonna post in this thread? Man, I knew it before even clicking on it. ;) :D

slowxturtle
04-06-2006, 5:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I've found some additional info using the search tool. Is there some inside joke btw?

.50DE
04-06-2006, 8:12 PM
I've been thinking about this alot lately also. I need to try to get this done before things possibly go south with a new sherriff. Anyone know of a place in the west anaheim area were I can take the 16 hour class?

kantstudien
04-06-2006, 8:17 PM
You need to be accepted for a CCW before taking any training class.

grammaton76
04-06-2006, 8:19 PM

I thought you could take the class, whether you got the permit or not? It's just not that wise a use of your money if you aren't accepted...

Black Majik
04-06-2006, 8:23 PM
How did I know you were gonna post in this thread? Man, I knew it before even clicking on it. ;) :D

Muahaha.... :D

.50DE
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM

yes thank you for the info but I already new that. I'm just looking into whats out there before I apply

kantstudien
04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
yes thank you for the info but I already new that. I'm just looking into whats out there before I apply

If you "new," then you would also "know" that you only get two options for where and who to take the class with, so don't worry about it. ;)

.50DE
04-07-2006, 12:40 AM
If you "new," then you would also "know" that you only get two options for where and who to take the class with, so don't worry about it. ;)

well i dont really *no* :p alot on the topic other than needing to get approved first. Sorry for the spelling, its late, I'm tired and still dont get off work till 6 am

Rumpled
04-07-2006, 1:53 AM
I've been thinking about this alot lately also. I need to try to get this done before things possibly go south with a new sherriff.

If West (I've got that wrong - it's actually Bill Hunt I want to leave the old statement ther, how do you do strikethrough?) wins and sticks to his statement; it should get even easier.

house
04-08-2006, 5:51 PM
i would say skip the training class until they tell you to take it, i got my ccw in riverside and i was going to go take a class advertised at turners to help you get it... i had a valid reason and when the time came around i could go to the sheriffs 4 hours class for $25 or take the 595 class from turners that was two days, i showed up the sheriffs class and we talked for about 15 minutes watched a 10 minute video and when home... a much better use of my time and money if you ask... howeverr oc may be different

Nick