in San Francisco, yes indeed the Pink Pistols,
and the coalition against probation, worked very
very hard.
Mostly by going to political club endorsement
meetings, also all the favorable press helped,
yes thatís right, a pro gun group with favorable
press. The PinkPistols are considered some what of
a dog and pony show, or is that a dancing bear show,
(Iím getting bigger and hairier as I get older).
All of our work seems to have had some effect,
in 1982 there was a statewide handgun ban
proposition called prop 15, that passed
in San Francisco with 64% of the votes,
were as prop H (the current SF handgun ban)
passed with 58% of the votes, so as discouraging
as it might seem, there still some hope

shecky
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome and keep up the good work!

blacklisted
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Welcome and keep up the good work!

+1 plus one :D

QuickOnTheDraw
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Welcome aboard!

steel-cut
04-06-2006, 2:22 AM
+1 and keep up the good work

Pablo
04-06-2006, 2:44 AM
LOL...Let me fix it for you man!!! http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

+1 plus one :D

BTW welcome to the forums "tboyer"

paradox
04-06-2006, 6:34 AM
It is great to hear that PinkPistols has a rep hanging around CalGuns.

I think that the only way for us gun folks in California to roll back the oppressive gun laws in this state is through good ol' coalition building. We need to reach out to those who agree with us on this one issue and try to turn those who are ambivalent to our side. Name calling that is endemic on many gun boards doesn't help us at all. I love the fact that CalGuns has much less venom than pretty much any other board I've been to.

PinkPistols should consider running point to lobby Sac for shall-issue CCW permits. Even in California, LBGT folks are in danger of being murdered over their gender (only a few years ago an asian transvestite was murdered in the Central Valley). This is a group that needs a way to defend themselves from a mob with blood in their eyes. This is also a group that often experiences prejudice from the LEO community. Therefore, a CCW permit should be issued to anyone who meets the already established standards without allowing the Sheriff or Police Chief the ability to deny the permit for any reason.

Anyway, welcome to the board and let us know if you need assistance lobbying or introducing new shooters to the sport.

glen avon
04-06-2006, 7:21 AM
Hi everyone, Iím the ... dancing bear show,

well you know we all cherish our right to keep and arm bears.

Harbinger
04-06-2006, 7:28 AM
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for helping to uphold the 2nd amendment rights of those who need them the most!

kalibear
04-06-2006, 8:49 AM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

CWatson
04-06-2006, 9:20 AM
Another welcome!

CWatson

MrTuffPaws
04-06-2006, 1:05 PM
Welcome. I am glad to you you guys working on the SF HGB. I wish all of the luck in the world to you.

chunger
04-06-2006, 1:09 PM
You're probably going to have a lot of people "coming out of the closet" if we get shall issue CCW passed for gays, lesbians, and transgender populations. :) I know I would :)

Seriously though, I'm very happy to see Pink Pistols represented here at Calguns. I hope you guys let us know how we can be of help or support. It would be cool to see the CCW effort fronted by groups like Pink Pistols and AWARE. Think they'll have a better chance of convincing the public that gun rights actually are for preventing violent crime.

-'Chung

It is great to hear that PinkPistols has a rep hanging around CalGuns.

I think that the only way for us gun folks in California to roll back the oppressive gun laws in this state is through good ol' coalition building. We need to reach out to those who agree with us on this one issue and try to turn those who are ambivalent to our side. Name calling that is endemic on many gun boards doesn't help us at all. I love the fact that CalGuns has much less venom than pretty much any other board I've been to.

PinkPistols should consider running point to lobby Sac for shall-issue CCW permits. Even in California, LBGT folks are in danger of being murdered over their gender (only a few years ago an asian transvestite was murdered in the Central Valley). This is a group that needs a way to defend themselves from a mob with blood in their eyes. This is also a group that often experiences prejudice from the LEO community. Therefore, a CCW permit should be issued to anyone who meets the already established standards without allowing the Sheriff or Police Chief the ability to deny the permit for any reason.

Anyway, welcome to the board and let us know if you need assistance lobbying or introducing new shooters to the sport.

Charliegone
04-06-2006, 1:33 PM
Welcome to our humble adobe! (see G-note i got it right this time.):D

McMadCow
04-06-2006, 2:19 PM
Thanks for all your effort to oppose Prop H! Maybe I'll see you guys at Jackson Arms some time.

triaged
04-06-2006, 5:32 PM
At least you can legally own a pink pistol...

...green and orange are already band.

Welcome

KenpoProfessor
04-06-2006, 7:05 PM
You're probably going to have a lot of people "coming out of the closet" if we get shall issue CCW passed for gays, lesbians, and transgender populations. :) I know I would :)

Seriously though, I'm very happy to see Pink Pistols represented here at Calguns. I hope you guys let us know how we can be of help or support. It would be cool to see the CCW effort fronted by groups like Pink Pistols and AWARE. Think they'll have a better chance of convincing the public that gun rights actually are for preventing violent crime.

-'Chung

All I have to say is, SQQQUUUEEEEEAAAAAAKKKK, Slam, out it is to get a CCW LOL. If that's what it'll take to get one, you can bet the percentage of gays is going to increase a huge amount overnight LOL. Good post.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

tboyer
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
There is a south bay
pinkpistols chapter
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/San-Jose-PinkPistols/
We have also work
on the CCW issure,
such as have a TG
testify on the subject
to the Assemblyís
public safety committee
when Mark Leno chaired
it, but there is soÖmuch
resistance to firearms in
general here in California

jdberger
04-07-2006, 12:37 AM
tboyer,

Welcome to Calguns. We really appreciate having you here.

Now I'm going to complain a teeny bit abou the Pink Pistols. ;)

I sent numerous emails to the Pistols (through the website) about the California RKBA petition effort looking for support and networking opportunities. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. We really could have used your organization's help - as mentioned before, yours is pretty much the only pro-gun group in CA that gets any positive press.

Anyway, what's done is done. Again, welcome to Calguns. Look forward to meeting you at one of the group shoots.

j2ws2000
04-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Thank you for your dedicated service. With all due respect it's very rare to see a minority that is labeled with such a left-wing ideology fighting with the good guys. I'm glad to see you breaking through the stereotype, as many more people in the world should. Keep up the good work.

Mesa Tactical
04-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I sent numerous emails to the Pistols (through the website) about the California RKBA petition effort looking for support and networking opportunities. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. We really could have used your organization's help - as mentioned before, yours is pretty much the only pro-gun group in CA that gets any positive press.

As I posted in Tom's first thread, Pink Pistols isn't really much of an organization, it's just a name for an idea and a lot of little chapters all over the country. Some chapters are more activist than others. The two chapters with which I have been involved (Orange County, and Los Angeles) were more like shooting clubs than advocacy organizations. Tom's San Francisco chapter is one of the politically active ones.

A couple years ago we tried to get more active with the LA chapter. For example, we rented a booth at the LA Pride festival in West Hollywood. But it's hard to be really effective in this manner when you have no organization and no money (aside from the spending my a handful of very active volunteers). As with so many groups, it's usually a small number of individuals who do all the heavy lifting, and your effectiveness is limited to how much work those individuals are willing to do on everyone else's behalf.

Don't confuse Pink Pistols with some kind of NRA for the GLBT community. It's a much looser set-up than that. On the other hand, the strength of Pink Pistols is as:

o A lightning rod for journalists looking for new ways to discuss gun rights and shooting sports;

o A place for curious noobs of all kinds (not just GLBT) who are intimidated or annoyed by the "typical" para-military trainers to go to to learn about shooting;

o A medium for the spreading of the gun rights gospel to an important part of American society that is not traditionally thought of as pro-rights. In the end, this is Pink Pistols most important function.

tboyer
04-07-2006, 2:16 PM
tboyer,

Welcome to Calguns. We really appreciate having you here.

Now I'm going to complain a teeny bit abou the Pink Pistols. ;)

Anyway, what's done is done. Again, welcome to Calguns. Look forward to meeting you at one of the group shoots.

Sorry about that, but each chapter
is different and one has to send
an email to each chapter.
One of the San Jose PinkPistols
posted a note on the SF pinkpistols,
yahoo group but it wasnít moved on.
She also paid $300. for an add in one
of the local papers, with the graphics,
designed by one of the SF pinkpistols.
As with any group it can be hard to
get anyone to do anything.
Each group, club or company has itís
own culture, and the PinkPistols are
vary, vary decentralize.

linuxgunner
04-07-2006, 2:22 PM
Welcome Pink Pistols! It some point I'll go to a PP shooting day near where I live. I'm not gay, but I'm a gay rights and PP supporter.