PDA

View Full Version : School me on how to get a mac.

13204u
06-25-2010, 4:55 PM
No, I don't want to go to the apple store and buy a mac. However, I have been wanting as just a toy, one of the masterpiece arms 45cal mac clones as of late. I have seen them in person but every shop I see them in wants an arm and a leg for them(double the price of what the should be). I know to get here it must be rendered a single shot pistol, how is this done and what do I need to do it with? Secondly I know it needs a muzzle break, does anyone know the thread size and what would work for one of these? Lastly is there a source of rebuild kits so I can turn cool hi-caps into impressive looking ten rounders? I searched but nothing gave me a real concrete answer.

djleisure
06-25-2010, 5:09 PM
Talk to the guys at PRK Arms - they will get you everything you need at a great price! They specialize in Californication of exotic guns!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=262489

sniper4usmc
06-25-2010, 6:56 PM
riflegear has masterpiece arms
http://riflegear.com/c-85-pistols.aspx

liberty08
06-25-2010, 7:32 PM
I own an MPA 30 which is the 9mm version. I handled the .45 and found it to be a little too heavy in comparison to the 9mm. As far as the single shot situation, mine came with a block of wood inserted into the magazine well and it was attached by a bolt that holds the grip on. All I simply did was remove the bolt, dropped the piece of wood, and installed a shorter one. You can some sweet 32 round rebuilds from Michael at USMACHINEGUN.COM and convert them. Not sure about the thread size for the muzzle break because it came fixed to the barrel because of CA law. I'm sure someone else will chime in and know more about it. I bought mine at Bullseye in Marin so you may want to try there.

13204u
06-25-2010, 8:38 PM
Did you get the top or side cocking unit? I am really interested in getting one of these and would like to know the difference and is it really worth the difference.

Z ME FLY
06-25-2010, 9:21 PM
Did you get the top or side cocking unit? I am really interested in getting one of these and would like to know the difference and is it really worth the difference.

If you want to put optics on it get the side cocking unit

C_1
06-25-2010, 9:41 PM
The side charger is easier to rack and you can mount a red dot or something on the top. Top cocker is cheaper though. The triggers are pretty nice for what it is. Great lil fun guns. The 45 is a lil hefty and I like the full size and mini 9s more.

The gun shop should take care of the single shot thing. The muzzle brake should already be welded to meet min barrel length requirements for single shot pistols so changing it out will be slightly more difficult..

You just pay, give em your ID and HSC, fill out 4473, wait 10 days, on pick up, fill out safe affidavit, and do the safe handling demo (they'll show ya). Then when all is said and done, you take it home, remove the sled, replace the OEM grip screw, and insert your 10rd mags (or pre-bans).

I highly recommend PRK Arms in Fresno. They are a distributor for MPA in CA. And their prices are not too bad considering all of the things they have to do to make it CA legal. PRK Arms also have mag rebuild kits and 10/30s.

PolishMike
06-25-2010, 9:43 PM
I have both in stock, just an arm, don't need another leg :)

bjl333
06-25-2010, 9:55 PM
Get a PC instead of a MAC !!! J/K ... I would go to Riflegear as well.

psssniper
06-25-2010, 10:16 PM
right here man, bubbapugs got one fs

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297447

liberty08
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM

I got a side cocking unit so I could mount red dot sight on it. It's pretty easy to cock. I hear the top cocking ones are just cheaper which is why quite a few people have them.

mrlightning559
06-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Prk arms is awesome no gunshops in cencal have the huevos to carry the good stuff these guys got it all

13204u
06-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Well after some research I have decided I would rather have the 9mm full size as the beater/toy. As I probably will never mount an optic on it I guess I will go with the top cocker model. Just wish the drive wasnt so far to get one for a reasonable price.

dirtyJ
06-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Check your PMs :).

voiceoftheright
07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Have you purchased yet? if not, try craiggottlieb.com and talk to Colby. I got my mini top cocker for $449 bucks (499 after all taxes and shipping to my ffl). This is way cheaper than Riflegear.com which is charging $559 before taxes and shipping. Also, the service was amazing. Purchased over the phone, had my FFL email them and Colby had it boxed up and shipped out THAT DAY!!! He will answer any of your questions and all around service could not be better. Side note: the prices the website reflect aren't accurate for some reason. I emailed to get info and he told me the actual prices. Pick it up friday from my dealer and can't wait to shoot it!!!