PDA

View Full Version : Legality of selling AP bullets (not rounds) to CA?

THT
06-25-2010, 2:34 PM
I've got a pile of AP .30 cal bullets that I'm looking to sell. Is it legal to sell to a California resident?

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 2:36 PM
Perfectly legal! It's perfectly legal to buy, sell, possess, manufacture non-handgun AP ammo in California too.

timdps
06-25-2010, 4:48 PM
Its incendiary rounds that CA does not like (fire danger from dry grass...).

tim

Mstrty
06-25-2010, 7:33 PM
Its incendiary rounds that CA does not like (fire danger from dry grass...).

tim

While that may be a concern. I doubt that is the reason for the ban. I beleive they just want to grab one little thing at a time. IMO

cmth
06-25-2010, 7:46 PM
While that may be a concern. I doubt that is the reason for the ban. I beleive they just want to grab one little thing at a time. IMO

The rule of intended consequences.

Quiet
06-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Only ammo that is not allowed in CA is...
armor piercing handgun ammo [PC 12320]
incendiary ammo [PC 12301(a)(1)]
explosive ammo [PC 12301(a)(1)]
tracer ammo (except shotgun tracers) [PC 12301(a)(1)]

Penal Code 12301
(a) The term "destructive device," as used in this chapter, shall include any of the following weapons:
(1) Any projectile containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, including, but not limited to, that which is commonly known as tracer or incendiary ammunition, except tracer ammunition manufactured for use in shotguns.

Penal Code 12320
Any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state knowingly possesses any handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor is guilty of a public offense and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or in the county jail for a term not to exceed one year, or by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment.