PDA

View Full Version : FAL from who?

skscj
06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I decided to get a FAL instead of a S-12. Should i get a Century from Henderson or go for one from Atlantic arms? Which is the better build?
Thanks

thedrickel
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I would go with an Entreprise over a Century build.

skscj
06-25-2010, 1:14 PM
I spoke with PRK today, they said that they were gonna start selling Enterprise FALs. I was thinking with goin with that.

FeuerFrei
06-25-2010, 1:30 PM
FYI, I bought an Enterprise FAL carbine in February.
Still haven't got it. They said they'd ship it to my FFL in a couple of weeks. That was in Feb. Every time I talk to them it is the same story, "2 more weeks".:mad:
I just hope the rifle is reliable and with out issues requiring "adjustments" when I finally get it.
What gets me is that I could have already gotten a custom built FAL by now.
20/20 hind sight. ....CRAP!

skscj
06-25-2010, 1:36 PM
Oh darn, i thought i saw your post in the vender forum. Ill ask PRK when they get theirs and go with them.
I hope yours comes like today and without function problems, good luck.

smle-man
06-25-2010, 1:40 PM
I have a DSA and an Entreprise; no difference between them on a practical basis.

-hanko
06-25-2010, 1:40 PM
I decided to get a FAL instead of a S-12. Should i get a Century from Henderson or go for one from Atlantic arms? Which is the better build?
Thanks
You'll get the same CAI gun from Henderson and from Atlantic Arms...Century FAL's are almost the bottom of the barrel, save a gun from Hesse aka Vulcan aka Blackthorne (if Blackthorne even still makes FAL's).

What's your budget??

Higher quality guns (for more than the 700.00 Atlantic wants) are gettable from a bunch of good smiths on the FAL files, DSA also makes great rifles if you're felling a little spendy.

I'd do some research on the FAL files before you purchase, Century's quality has always been "spotty", their resale value is poor. Enterprise's quality has been variable over the years, you may get a good shooter or you may have to take advantage of their warranty;).

hth

-hanko

GM4spd
06-25-2010, 1:51 PM
I have a DSA and an Entreprise; no difference between them on a practical basis.

I agree completely(although I have NOT built one)--the DSA is way
more money(as far as a complete rifle) and after owning and shooting
both I would not spend MORE for the DSA. I have a preban rcvrd
ENTREPRISE built on a 1960s Brit kit and it is totally cool. Pete

http://www.fototime.com/60FE5A80C82EB06/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/5155CB4839D8F56/standard.jpg

skscj
06-25-2010, 2:15 PM
Sweet, thanks yall, im goin with the Enterprise from PRK. About a grand + that good-ol tax and dros. Im gonna call-em back to see when they get the shipment.. Man, i cant wait..

Obviously a Plant
06-25-2010, 6:15 PM
I was looking into a DSA STG-58 from Atlantic,
DSA receiver and a new US barrel. The other parts, who knows, but unlikely to be a problem... All for under $1100. In stock when I checked a few weeks ago, and they will split it in half to send to Cali or add your bullet button or one of their own.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct482.aspx

Then I found a SA58 for a $1100 here on calguns, so I stopped looking.
But then, you live in Fresno, so you should probably stop looking and just go to PRK arms.

Atlantic Firearms
06-27-2010, 11:50 AM
We have the Century & Entreprise FAL's in stock , we have a few DSA STG rifles due in late this week